Texas Senator Accidentally Endorses Gay Marriage In Twitter Typo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Based on the polling I don't think Patrick had that good a chance of being elected Lt Governor prior to this tweet. Though I believe there will be a runoff election in May to determine the GOP candidate.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/new-poll-dewhurst-patrick-are-close-in-lite-guv-ra/ndbJN/

The University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll shows Dewhurst leads three Republican challengers with 37 percent of likely GOP voters saying they support him, and 31 percent saying they support Patrick. The primary is March 4.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yes - change, update, etc.

The fall back from the courts has always been the constitution. Especially on these issues. And, any issue frankly.

Where the constitution did NOT spell out what is/isn't constitutional, the bill of rights sprung from them. I look at the bill of rights as leaves from a tree - and, they constantly get trimmed and cut - especially when there this country is less than 300 years old.

Falling back on the constitution is the final say.

Apologies for the comments I made towards you. Especially since my issue with you was flying off the handle - I clearly am guilty of that, more so actually.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the constitutional amendments are and how they are legally interpreted.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
What do you care about due process and citizens' rights? You were calling for the murder of medical doctors performing legal procedures.

If you are so pissed off about that abortion dr thread go post there.

Once case we have a person who is plotting to kill americans. In the other case we have someone who has killed dozens, maybe hundreds, maybe even thousands of babies.

Is obama going to uphold the right of an infant to live until it has its day in court and been convicted of a crime by its peers? Of course not.

Is obama going to uphold our right to life and a jury of our peers? Of course not.

Is obama going to be transparent so we know all the facts about Benghazi? Of course not.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have to give the devil his due. :beer:

Would be more fitting if you called him stupid however. I guess you only reserve that privileged for those you really respect. :colbert:

I generally only call people stupid if they show a pattern of behavior, haha. Don't worry, there is still time. Still, everyone gets things wrong now and then.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I generally only call people stupid if they show a pattern of behavior, haha. Don't worry, there is still time. Still, everyone gets things wrong now and then.

Whatever, I know you still love me.

He sure double and triple downed on stupid though.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Whatever, I know you still love me.

He sure double and triple downed on stupid though.

Moonbeam doesn't mind that you are stupid. I am not very smart myself. What I find troubling is how deeply you believe in yourself when in fact you are usually always wrong about everything. It's a profound talent, as if you actually knew what the right answer is and are perverse in some why like maybe a secret self hate.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Moonbeam doesn't mind that you are stupid. I am not very smart myself. What I find troubling is how deeply you believe in yourself when in fact you are usually always wrong about everything. It's a profound talent, as if you actually knew what the right answer is and are perverse in some why like maybe a secret self hate.

Go away. Nobody rubbed your lamp.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
You realize Obama has endorsed gun ownership, right? He is on the record saying that he believes the second amendment confers an individual right to own a gun.

And he is on the record saying Marriage should be between a man and a woman, but we all know how Obama being on the record goes.