Texas Senator Accidentally Endorses Gay Marriage In Twitter Typo

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Oh the horror - a government employee (who again, should be working for the people), accidentally endorses something that is constitutional.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Oh the horror - a government employee (who again, should be working for the people), accidentally endorses something that is constitutional.

So when will President Obama be endorsing gun ownership? The right to be secure in your person and papers?

Obvious troll is obvious.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So when will President Obama be endorsing gun ownership? The right to be secure in your person and papers?

Obvious troll is obvious.

You realize Obama has endorsed gun ownership, right? He is on the record saying that he believes the second amendment confers an individual right to own a gun.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
You realize Obama has endorsed gun ownership, right? He is on the record saying that he believes the second amendment confers an individual right to own a gun.

We are speaking about the constitution and human beings. He whips out the bill of rights a hunk of metal.

He's an idiot.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Makes sense - put an inanimate object ahead of a human being,...

Aww did I hurt your poor liberal feelings?

Rights are rights. Maybe you'd find some more bipartisanship amongst conservatives if you all stopped denigrating the rights we hold dear.

Let's be clear here too. You and I dont know this person's true feelings on the situation. All we know is hes playing damage control over a statement that wouldn't be well received among his constituents.

I challenge you to find a politician who wouldn't.

Last edited:

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Aww did I hurt your poor liberal feelings?

Rights are rights. Maybe you'd find some more bipartisanship amongst conservatives if you all stopped denigrating the rights we hold dear.

Nope. But, just as you value a hunk of metal more than a human being,.. the same applies to you as well.

Also, do you know what the constitution is? Try googling it 1st, before you begin making an argument for an entirely different document.

For example. The constitution was created on May 25, 1787. The Bill of Rights was created September 25, 1789.

If you want to talk about the Bill of Rights, create another threat, you buffoon. No need to hijack the one discussing the unconstitutionality of banning gay marriage - or rather on topic; outwardly opposing it from a government position,.. since it is unconstitutional to do so.

You dimwit.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nope. But, just as you value a hunk of metal more than a human being,.. the same applies to you as well.

Also, do you know what the constitution is? Try googling it 1st, before you begin making an argument for an entirely different document.

For example. The constitution was created on May 25, 1787. The Bill of Rights was created September 25, 1789.

If you want to talk about the Bill of Rights, create another threat, you buffoon. No need to hijack the one discussing the unconstitutionality of banning gay marriage - or rather on topic; outwardly opposing it from a government position,.. since it is unconstitutional to do so.

You dimwit.

God this post is so full of fail it makes my conservative brain defect hurt.

Eskimo, I expect you to back me up on this...

The bill of rights are amendments to the ____________________?

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
God this post is so full of fail it makes my conservative brain defect hurt.

Eskimo, I expect you to back me up on this...

The bill of rights are amendments to the ____________________?

Answer this simple question, herp-a-derp; has the banning and oppression of homosexual marriage been deemed unconstitutional?

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
No, I expected Eskimo to back me up on your ignorance.

If you dont have the ethical integrity to admit the flaw in your post there is no further point to discussing with you.

Here is the Oath of Office, for a US government employee;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office#United_States

Where does it state they have to uphold the Bill of Rights?

No where.

They are to uphold the constitution.

You want Obama to uphold the Bill of Rights (which he has endorsed and supported),... on a converstaion related the unconstitutional actions of a Texas Senator speaking against gay marriage.

The only flaw here is your wild and thoughtless act to bash the liberals/progressives.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Here is the Oath of Office, for a US government employee;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office#United_States

Where does it state they have to uphold the Bill of Rights?

No where.

They are to uphold the constitution.

You want Obama to uphold the Bill of Rights (which he has endorsed and supported),... on a converstaion related the unconstitutional actions of a Texas Senator speaking against gay marriage.

The only flaw here is your wild and thoughtless act to bash the liberals/progressives.

The bill of rights are a part of the constitution the same as any word in the original document.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
The bill of rights are a part of the constitution the same as any word in the original document.

They are indeed amendments - no doubting that.

But, does the judiciary branch of the government deem something unconstitutional or "un-bill of rights-able"?

We fall back to the constitution - the core of this country. The Bill of Rights are a way to update the constitution, without going back and revising the original over and over again.

Bill of Rights have been passed, denied, removed, updated, etc.

The argument against same sex marriage, is unconstitutional, therefore, against the Oath and purpose of the government figure in question.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

But, does the judiciary branch of the government deem something unconstitutional or "un-bill of rights-able"?

We fall back to the constitution - the core of this country. The Bill of Rights are a way to update the constitution, without going back and revising the original over and over again.

The argument against same sex marriage, is unconstitutional, therefore, against the Oath and purpose of the government figure in question.

The text of the bill of rights is indistinguishable from the rest of the constitution in a legal sense. For all intents and purposes it is part of the document. There is nothing in the constitution that cannot be amended away.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Do you understand what the word "amend" means?

Let's indulge your fantasy for a moment. Suppose youre correct and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are separate documents and that the Constitution takes precedence.

Without the 14th amendment, the federal government lacks the authority to regulate marriage on the state level.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The text of the bill of rights is indistinguishable from the rest of the constitution in a legal sense. For all intents and purposes it is part of the document. There is nothing in the constitution that cannot be amended away.

I have to give the devil his due. :beer:

Would be more fitting if you called him stupid however. I guess you only reserve that privileged for those you really respect. :colbert:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010

Is obama going to endorse a citizens right to due process before his administration kills US citizens with a drone strike?

Is obama going to uphold our right to keep and bear arms?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Interesting.... Then, we hold these truths to be self evident...could be changed to We hold these truths to be a matter of opinion....

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Do you understand what the word "amend" means?

Let's indulge your fantasy for a moment. Suppose youre correct and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are separate documents and that the Constitution takes precedence.

Without the 14th amendment, the federal government lacks the authority to regulate marriage on the state level.

Yes - change, update, etc.

The fall back from the courts has always been the constitution. Especially on these issues. And, any issue frankly.

Where the constitution did NOT spell out what is/isn't constitutional, the bill of rights sprung from them. I look at the bill of rights as leaves from a tree - and, they constantly get trimmed and cut - especially when there this country is less than 300 years old.

Falling back on the constitution is the final say.

Apologies for the comments I made towards you. Especially since my issue with you was flying off the handle - I clearly am guilty of that, more so actually.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Is obama going to endorse a citizens right to due process before his administration kills US citizens with a drone strike?

Is obama going to uphold our right to keep and bear arms?

What do you care about due process and citizens' rights? You were calling for the murder of medical doctors performing legal procedures.