Texas looking to reinstate funding for planned parenthood

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I just want to know why Nehalem hates women so much. Does nobody else want to know?

So treating women as adults who are capable of providing for their own medical and reproductive care is "hating" them?

Why do you have such a low opinion of women?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
As far as I am concerned it isn't a human being until it viable outside the mothers uterus, until then its the mothers body and her decision.

So at a certain the woman's body is possessed by the fetus? :confused:

If Texas wants to be stupid and take on the cost of all those births, and all those babies who will end up in foster care, then let them.

Why aren't the women manning up and taking responsibility for the children they create from having sex ;)

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
So treating women as adults who are capable of providing for their own medical and reproductive care is "hating" them?

Why do you have such a low opinion of women?

Say what? lmao

You really have a weird way of looking at things..*shakes head*

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I just want to know why Nehalem hates women so much. Does nobody else want to know?

Not particularly, no. I just note it and read what he writes in complete fascination.

It's not as fun recently though, it's just so damn predictable.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Well shit, what about the men?

Guess you overlooked men that are sitting in jail for not paying child support?

Man gets a woman pregnant, the state holds him responsible through the threat of imprisonment.

Woman gets pregnant, she is not held responsible.

I want to be responsible for the children I bring into the world, no feminist ever said.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
If a man has sex and creates a child the state will come after him for child support. This is already established law.

Uh..huh.. I see, and that solves everything right? LOL

You do realize that you are leaving the total care and raising of the child to the woman, and not requiring that burden of the man?

By the way, do you know how many dead beat Dads are out there who get away with not paying child support? It is damned near impossible for a poor woman to have the money to hire a good attorney and start a process of tracking him down, and or docking his pay.

I really do think you live somewhere in the clouds somewhere, you couldn't possibly be living here on earth in the real world.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010

You do realize that you are leaving the total care and raising of the child to the woman, and not requiring that burden of the man?

The majority of the time, women are not required to share the burden of providing for the child.

The sole responsibility for providing health insurance and money is placed upon the father,,, the majority of the time anyway.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

By the way, do you know how many dead beat Dads are out there who get away with not paying child support? It is damned near impossible for a poor woman to have the money to hire a good attorney and start a process of tracking him down, and or docking his pay.

I really do think you live somewhere in the clouds somewhere, you couldn't possibly be living here on earth in the real world.

You do realize there are proportionally more dead beat moms right? And this is after having numerous opportunities to "take care of things" before the child is born.

Why would you have to track down the father of your child? Don't you know where he lives? :confused:

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
The majority of the time, women are not required to share the burden of providing for the child.

The sole responsibility for providing health insurance and money is placed upon the father,,, the majority of the time anyway.

Yea it is damned near impossible to get a father to pay or provide those things if he is determined not to. If a woman is poor and doesn't have the means or the education to hire an attorney and start the legal process, then its not gonna happen.

You really don't know much about how child support and the courts work on this do you?

It is a process, and an expensive one. Only those mothers with substantial income levels are able to afford to start this legal process.

Do they put men in jail? Sure, but only after 10 or more years of getting away with not paying and most of the time the kids are all grown up. Again this puts a huge burden on the mothers.

I am sorry but it is the right of the mother to choose to not have to have a baby if she doesn't want it.

It is no ones business what she chooses to do with her own reproductive organs.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Yea it is damned near impossible to get a father to pay or provide those things if he is determined not to. If a woman is poor and doesn't have the means or the education to hire an attorney and start the legal process, then its not gonna happen.

You really don't know much about how child support and the courts work on this do you?

It is a process, and an expensive one. Only those mothers with substantial income levels are able to afford to start this legal process.

Do they put men in jail? Sure, but only after 10 or more years of getting away with not paying and most of the time the kids are all grown up. Again this puts a huge burden on the mothers.

You do realize you can file the paperwork without an attorney.

I am sorry but it is the right of the mother to choose to not have to have a baby if she doesn't want it.

It is no ones business what she chooses to do with her own reproductive organs.

You mean until the child reaches ~25 weeks gestation at which point it is okay to tell her what to do with her body?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010

I have been paying child support for about 12 years.

The divorce took about 2 years because she fought everything.

Been to child support court more times then I can to remember.

I lost my job, could not make payments, attorney general filed papers to have me arrested. Luckily I was able to find an attorney that would work pro-bono, or else I would have been in jail.

Guess what, during the past 12 years my exwife has not been held responsible for the children she brought into this world.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
... is she raising them?

Define "raising". Living in the same house with someone does not mean you contribute to their upbringing.

The children were living with her, but not any more. The youngest and last one is living with me.

The exwife has not provided health coverage a single time, nor has she worked in the past decade.

If that was me refusing to work, I would be under the jail.

Last edited:

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I have been paying child support for about 12 years.

The divorce took about 2 years because she fought everything.

Been to child support court more times then I can to remember.

I lost my job, could not make payments, attorney general filed papers to have me arrested. Luckily I was able to find an attorney that would work pro-bono, or else I would have been in jail.

Guess what, during the past 12 years my exwife has not been held responsible for the children she brought into this world.

Wow, sorry to hear that man.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Wow, sorry to hear that man.

Its ok.

The ex can not leech off of me forever. Just 14 more months of freeloading and her meal ticket will come to an end.

As for this planned parenthood issue, both parents should be made responsible for bringing children into the world. Parents keep cranking out kids the state has to pay for, send the parents to forced work camp.

As it is the mothers pretty much get a free ride.

Last edited:

klinc

Jan 30, 2011
Define "raising". Living in the same house with someone does not mean you contribute to their upbringing.

The children were living with her, but not any more. The youngest and last one is living with me.

The exwife has not provided health coverage a single time, nor has she worked in the past decade.

If that was me refusing to work, I would be under the jail.

I feel for you man but I sense a lot of grudges between the two of you. Maybe you should bury the hatchet and create a good environment for the kids as it will only hurt them more as they grow up.

I think us men deserve whatever shit we get. That should teach us next time not to think with our dicks when we run into things like marriages etc etc

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I think us men deserve whatever shit we get. That should teach us next time not to think with our dicks when we run into things like marriages etc etc

Wow o_O

With an attitude like that is it any wonder that it is men and not women who are held responsible for their actions.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
The cost isn't just a matter of birth. If you have lots of unwanted kids, generally you end up with higher crime and all the costs that come with it decades down the road. Hence why roe v wade is the most successful crimefighting measure in america.

Yeah, this is true. There was a research report done about crime before and after roe v wade (states that legalized abortion before and those that followed after) and there was a big correlation.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Yeah, let's not be fair, fuck the men! :rolleyes:

Though falling marriage and birth rates tend to suggest that more men are figuring out that they're the sacrificial lambs of this system, and are refusing to dangle their dingles in the grinder.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I feel for you man but I sense a lot of grudges between the two of you.

The bitterness comes from men and women being held to a different standard of responsibility.

Why should the state be burdened with providing for the children? Shouldn't both parents take that responsibility rather then the state?

If the father has to pay child support and provide health insurance, shouldn't the mother be held to that same level of responsibility?

This planned parenthood issue, its just another scapegoat for mothers who do not want to provide for their children. And its BS.

Mom pops a kid out, then she says I need food stamps, welfare, free health care,,,. No, what you need is to be held to the same level of responsibility as the father. If the father has to get a job, then so should the mother.

If the parents were forced to take responsibility for their actions, then the people might be more careful.

When there are no repercussions for your actions, what is the deterrent?

Whether its welfare or funding abortions, why is the state responsible?

Last edited: