Texas County GOP to Vote on Removing Vice Chairman Because He is Muslim

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Please pretend that because the Republican party IS tainted by vulgar members that there are none in the party not so tainted. If you see a dot of mold on one slice of bread you have to throw the whole loaf in the trash, even if the children are hungry.

Your analogy makes me think of the cartoon about the curate's egg. Interesting that the original meaning of the phrase (an egg that is 'good and bad in parts' is, in fact, just plain bad, and not fit to be served up, the clergyman only puts it the way he does out of politeness) seems to have been almost lost. These days a 'curate's egg' just means a mixture of good and bad.

I suppose it's a matter of judgement as to whether the original meaning or the current one best fits the Republican Party. I think one could argue the _party_ [in the state it is now] is just plain bad, while not thinking everyone in it is so.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/163300.html

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
What’s amusing is if conservative Christians could extract their had from their asses and stop hating on Muslims they would find they probably have many policy goals they and conservative Muslims would agree on.

That's not amusing, it's scary. Please may they never notice that.

The narcissism-of-small-differences is the only thing between us and a much bigger problem.

Nov 25, 2013
The title of the OP is incredibly misleading. It makes it sound like the GOP in that county is trying to oust him when the GOP is actually defending him from a single lady trying to do so. The first paragraph of the article:

A proposal to remove a Texas county GOP leader from his post because he is Muslim is being met with forceful opposition from Republicans on the county, state and national level, ahead of a vote this week.

OP I can’t help but thing such a misleading title was purposeful. You could have went with CNNs title which wasn’t misleading but preferred to lie:

Texas Republicans defend county GOP leader as group pushes to oust him because he is Muslim

ROFLMAO.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
You could have went (sic) with CNNs title which wasn’t misleading but preferred to lie:

Texas Republicans defend county GOP leader as group pushes to oust him because he is Muslim

Perhaps you could help out and point out the lie you think is in that headline. I'd appreciate that. thx.

Reactions: Victorian Gray