Terrorist are winning

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Genesys

and domestic terrorists as well. if the US is going to declare war on terrorism, we should also try to take care of the domestic terrorists [gangs] as well.

Yes. We should consider the Bloods and Crips in Watts to be on the same level as Al Qaeda in the Afghan-Pakistan border. We must hunt them relentlessly like the animals they are.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
go live there and then report back to me smart ass. i lived in LA, i know what its like. while they dont have the access to the same destructive capabilities and not a terrible threat to our national security, they are none the less rather dangerous and normal people forced to live around them are quite fearful of them.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
I don't know if they are winning, but the certainly are having some success. Saudi Arabia is I fear very close to crumbling, and Pakistan is also very close to the brink held in check only by its very strong military. The new Domino theory.

Is Saudi crumbling or their rickety leadership/fiefdom? It's because of the Saudi's spinelessness that we're there in the first place. Ok, overstated that, but face it, they are significant contributors to the sentiment that exists in that region. Now they are getting a taste of their own medicine.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Mrburns2007
The Gangs are after money, they sell dope, there not motivated by religion.

everybody is motivated by something. whats your point? we should only punish terrorists who terrorize in the name of religion? if so, i say we go after the mormons, they terrorize my doorstep once a week with their bullshit cult.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001

um... no terrorist is motivated by religion. none of the monotheist religions condone acts of terror. instead they are motivated by ideology.
can you please add some crediblity to your voice and quit associating terrorism to islam?

i mean...you leave me no choice but to associate being stupid to being a redneck.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001

everybody is motivated by something. whats your point? we should only punish terrorists who terrorize in the name of religion? if so, i say we go after the mormons, they terrorize my doorstep once a week with their bullshit cult.

you terrorize my mind w/ your bullshit posts.

edit: this war on terror really excites you, huh? your stupidity tickles me.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Terrorists aren't winning, they are just showing the ineffectiveness of US policy thus far. We cannot possibly exterminate the terrorist threat to this country through military action. We must, instead, rexamine our fundamental policies towards the countries from which these terrorists arise. The US must realize that it must change it's image in the world if it is to combat terrorism. We must make ourselves a more difficult target to rally opposition around by not acting so unilaterally. We must learn to respect the institutions (such as the UN, the Kyoto Treaty, etc) that we helped to create. There should also be a dedicated effort made to improve the living conditions of other peoples around the world.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Pers

you terrorize my mind w/ your bullshit posts.

edit: this war on terror really excites you, huh? your stupidity tickles me.

good, if im terrorizing your mind, then im doing my job correctly.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
With anti-american groups gaining public sentiment, one would wonder why we EVER want a democracy in Iraq or anywhere in the middle east.

Can't wait til some of them get elected to office.

AAman

Golden Member
May 29, 2001
they are winning not only in the MidEast and elsewhere, but here at home,

the hundreds of billions stolen and misspent by the Repubs and the massive
expansion of the federal government, the questioning of rationality itself
that has overtaken America and the abuse of power are far greater threats
than a few guys in airplanes. Without Sept. 11th, the Repubs would not control
the Senate, might have lost the House, and Dumya would be nowhere close
to re-election

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Pers

um... no terrorist is motivated by religion. none of the monotheist religions condone acts of terror. instead they are motivated by ideology.
can you please add some crediblity to your voice and quit associating terrorism to islam?

i mean...you leave me no choice but to associate being stupid to being a redneck.

Yeah Right, that's why they yell death to America and yes to Islam. The people who are helping express this anti-american rhetoric are the Clerics from there temples. It's a warped form of Islam and it does have a pretty good following in the middle east.