Terrell Owens now an Eagle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
eagles were originally trying to give the niners james trash for t.o., correct?

They offered thrash and the 5th round pick (that went to Balt now)... The niners rejected that deal, hence Philly gets to now keep Thrash!!!!! Who got PUNK'D today (hint: starts with S and ends with an O). SF could have milked Philly but instead played hardball... u get what u deserve for trying to rip off TO, to reiterate: PUNK'D!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: masterxfob
that guy is such a bitch.......

Now a rich bitch, who knew he was right and didn't let SF Punk him for 10 mil and a big contract that he was due.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
LOL....I love John Turvey's report from Fanball (via yahoo) - Like a three-year old throwing a tantrum at the toy store, Terrell Owens finally got his way.

Also "Sick of his pissing and moaning?and nervous that an arbitrator would rule against them?the 49ers and Ravens agreed to a deal that would allow Owens to get his wish and play for the Eagles."

Finally "After all, you can't spell "toddler" without T.O."

Haha....I love it, he's such a whiney little biatch. Serves TO right to go to a team that can't win it all. I can't wait until the Eagles choke again this year, then what will they blame it on.....the humidity on game day, the lack of cheerleader depth?

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Does philly play baltimore this year? I want to see Ray Lewis get his revenge. Don't want to play for us do you? Better not go anywhere near the middle then...I'll kill ya

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
eagles were originally trying to give the niners james trash for t.o., correct?

They offered thrash and the 5th round pick (that went to Balt now)... The niners rejected that deal, hence Philly gets to now keep Thrash!!!!! Who got PUNK'D today (hint: starts with S and ends with an O). SF could have milked Philly but instead played hardball... u get what u deserve for trying to rip off TO, to reiterate: PUNK'D!

SF picked up a decent DL, a draft pick and got rid of a locker room cancer. I think SF made out on the deal.

pcmodem

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Yo,
As an old 49ers fan, I've watched Owens since he was a rookie.

Yeah, he's a whining superstar that has done some strange things on the field (sharpie pen, pom pom dance, spiking the Dallas star, push-ups). But he's also quietly done more personal-appearance charity work than any other professional athlete in the Bay Area the last few years.

One thing is certain: Terrell is NOT the player he was a few years ago. Ever since he got clobbered in the Ram's game a few seasons back, he is no longer the fearless force across the middle. He dropped a lot of balls in 2002 and 2003 and alligator-armed a lot of passes thrown to him, which resulted in incompletions. The old Terrell owens would use his superior strength and jumping ability to "rebound" footballs tossed his way, savaging smaller defensive backs with his shoulders or a good stiff-arm.

Terrell is also now THIRTY (30) years old.

I'll miss Terrell, even with his flaws. The 49er's are doomed under the John York / Denise Debarto-York ownership.

Hut hut HIKE!
-PCM

diamondgoat53

Sep 23, 2001
Originally posted by: pcmodem
Yo,

Yeah, he's a whining superstar that has done some strange things on the field (sharpie pen, pom pom dance, spiking the Dallas star, push-ups). But he's also quietly done more personal-appearance charity work than any other professional athlete in the Bay Area the last few years.

One thing is certain: Terrell is NOT the player he was a few years ago. Ever since he got clobbered in the Ram's game a few seasons back, he is no longer the fearless force across the middle. He dropped a lot of balls in 2002 and 2003 and alligator-armed a lot of passes thrown to him, which resulted in incompletions. The old Terrell owens would use his superior strength and jumping ability to "rebound" footballs tossed his way, savaging smaller defensive backs with his shoulders or a good stiff-arm.

I'll miss Terrell, even with his flaws. The 49er's are doomed under the John York / Denise Debarto-York ownership.

Hut hut HIKE!
-PCM

Yeah, after Aeneas Williams blew him up he's never been the same. Even before then, when he caught a big ball he was so surprised he cried on the sideline. All you Iggles fans remember this, you have the least accurate QB available, and now the WR that drops the most balls. Not exactly a match made in heaven. Good luck.

bo0

Dec 3, 2003
Finally...Now McNabb won't have anymore excuses about not having a good recieving core.
I hope they get pass the NFC finals this year....THEY HAVE NO MORE EXCUSES!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: diamondgoat53
Yo,

Hut hut HIKE!
-PCM

Yeah, after Aeneas Williams blew him up he's never been the same. Even before then, when he caught a big ball he was so surprised he cried on the sideline. All you Iggles fans remember this, you have the least accurate QB available, and now the WR that drops the most balls. Not exactly a match made in heaven. Good luck.

McNabb is the most dangerous QB in the league besides Micheal Vick when on the run. When he was on the run last season, he had a rating of 103% from November to December... Not accurate? Lmao, the only reason his whole season rating wasn't high was because of James Trash and Rinky Dinkston dropping so many passes (Philly was LAST IN RECEIVING LAST YEAR). Maybe you remember the 4th and 26 pass to Freddie Mitchell against Green Bay? It was right on the money when it counted. You can say what u want about McNabb, but everyone knows he is the total package of rushing, arm strength, accuracy... now with TO in the mix *shudder*, think about what kind of numbers he'll put up this year...

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: diamondgoat53
Yo,

Hut hut HIKE!
-PCM

McNabb is the most dangerous QB in the league besides Micheal Vick when on the run. When he was on the run last season, he had a rating of 103% from November to December... Not accurate? Lmao, the only reason his whole season rating wasn't high was because of James Trash and Rinky Dinkston dropping so many passes (Philly was LAST IN RECEIVING LAST YEAR). Maybe you remember the 4th and 26 pass to Freddie Mitchell against Green Bay? It was right on the money when it counted. You can say what u want about McNabb, but everyone knows he is the total package of rushing, arm strength, accuracy... now with TO in the mix *shudder*, think about what kind of numbers he'll put up this year...

They may put up good numbers this season but Philly will crumble in the playoffs yet again.

Maybe you should begin a "Bring back Jaws" campaign?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Staley8
LOL....I love John Turvey's report from Fanball (via yahoo) - Like a three-year old throwing a tantrum at the toy store, Terrell Owens finally got his way.

Also "Sick of his pissing and moaning?and nervous that an arbitrator would rule against them?the 49ers and Ravens agreed to a deal that would allow Owens to get his wish and play for the Eagles."

Haha....I love it, he's such a whiney little biatch. Serves TO right to go to a team that can't win it all. I can't wait until the Eagles choke again this year, then what will they blame it on.....the humidity on game day, the lack of cheerleader depth?
Lmao, and you wouldn't be whining about a $10,000,000 + Millions more that you were rightly due? Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure u wouldn't.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003

Lmao, and you wouldn't be whining about a $10,000,000 + Millions more that you were rightly due? Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure u wouldn't.

Ok, maybe he was rightfully owed this money, maybe he was not (I still don't think he was). The point is he cried and whined like a "toodler" and a "three yeard old in a toy store". He could have handled it without being an annoying little chump. Another point is that this isn't the first time he's thrown a tantrum or acted like an ass. It'd be one thing if a guy like Marshall Faulk (or another well respected and respectable player) had a contract dispute, then people would side with him. But when you pull all kinds of stupid stunts and basically everyone on your team and in your locker room hates you b/c you are a baby and you piss and moan at your QB and your O-coordinator b/c you aren't winning, then this just adds another black mark on your record. So don't be surprised when all the fans and the media hate you and rip on you when they get the chance.....you reap what you sow TO.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
[TO]
BUT STLY8!!!111111
I RLLY WNTED 2 PLAY IN PHILLY!
ITS NT ABT $$$ NOW.
I WNTED 2 DRP PSSES FRM DNVN!!!! I HV MCH LUV 4 U PHILLY!!11111
[/TO]

wicktron

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2002
TO pwns j00!!!

Looks to me that you people are the ones crying because TO got his way. Haha!

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: gistech1978
[TO]
BUT STLY8!!!111111
ITS NT ABT $$$ NOW.
[/TO]
lol. looks like someone has been hanging out at the t.o. official web site forums*. :)

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: gistech1978
[TO]
BUT STLY8!!!111111
ITS NT ABT $$$ NOW.
[/TO]
lol. looks like someone has been hanging out at the t.o. official web site. :)

ive seen some of his message board quotes in other threads about him.
i dont think he likes vowels very much.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Ok, maybe he was rightfully owed this money, maybe he was not (I still don't think he was). The point is he cried and whined like a "toodler" and a "three yeard old in a toy store". He could have handled it without being an annoying little chump. Another point is that this isn't the first time he's thrown a tantrum or acted like an ass. It'd be one thing if a guy like Marshall Faulk (or another well respected and respectable player) had a contract dispute, then people would side with him. But when you pull all kinds of stupid stunts and basically everyone on your team and in your locker room hates you b/c you are a baby and you piss and moan at your QB and your O-coordinator b/c you aren't winning, then this just adds another black mark on your record. So don't be surprised when all the fans and the media hate you and rip on you when they get the chance.....you reap what you sow TO.
Not to nitpick or anything, but it's "toddler" and "year". It isn't that hard to proofread a post once.

I don't see where u think he wasn't rightfully a Free Agent and owed a new contract? His contract with San Fran said he was to be a Free Agent by March 2nd, NOT Feb 21st (where the NFL had changed the overall date throughout the league). The NFL KNEW that they would lose in arbitration, b/c the court would have ruled that TO's contract with SF would supersede the NFL's altered date. The NFL knew this, which is why they originally said that it was a legal deal to Baltimore and now reneged on that previous ruling. Everyone said TO didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of becoming a FA, yet nobody was smart enough to look at the fine print of TO's contract with SF. It was clearly obvious that SF was trying to f TO by dealing him to the Ravens while still in negotiations with the Eagles at the same time, and they didn't even allow Philly to counter offer the Baltimore deal. IMO universal justice has been served, and whether TO whines or cries or whatever is yet to be seen, and in the least Philly has significantly upgraded their offense.