Terraria: A 2D Minecraft Clone

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
You all are welcome to hit my server running 24x7.

terraria.neftastic.com (7777)

As an aside... I have hardware coming in this afternoon to set up a server that will run this instead of my desktop. (Okay, it's going to be a storage server, but the Terraria server will be migrating to it once it's running.)

I will more than likely roll a new world once it moves to the new machine.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Apologies to those that have been frequenting my server for the sporadic downtime. I've finished migrating it to a new machine a couple days ago, but that machine is also being evaluated and configured on the fly (Running WHS for my home network). I just came off about an hour's worth of downtime where I was adjusting some network configs.

Everything should be back up and running now, so enjoy.

Also a quick note, hopefully within the month the server will be migrating yet again... this time to some more "proper" hosting that's not on my crappy home connection. I'll inform when that exactly happens. Downtime will hopefully be minimized to ~1 day for that, pending DNS updates. The address will stay the same.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I have a copy of Terraria i want to trade for TF2 items, if anyone needs it, send me a Private Message.

1ceHacka

Mar 3, 2006
Whoops. Sorry about that. The server updated and rebooted last night and I never noticed. :( It's back up.

That's why we don't allow Windows to automatically install updates. Always seems to reboot at the worst times.

rage-comics-ill-never-give-up.jpg

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
That's why we don't allow Windows to automatically install updates. Always seems to reboot at the worst times.

rage-comics-ill-never-give-up.jpg

Thing is I manually did updates the night before, and there was no reboot required.

Or maybe I accidentally forgot to start the server back up. (Which is why I'm writing a wrapper app for it) Either way, "Oops. Sorry."

1ceHacka

Mar 3, 2006
Thing is I manually did updates the night before, and there was no reboot required.

Or maybe I accidentally forgot to start the server back up. (Which is why I'm writing a wrapper app for it) Either way, "Oops. Sorry."

Haha! No way I'll ever complain when someone is hosting for others free of charge.

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
This game is too good. Me and a buddy have just been running through the jungle, underworld, dungeon, just looting things like crazy so much fun. Just made my Night's Edge sword here today. Beast. Going to work on a set of meteor armor now I think for my starfall sword thing. So I can run around dropping stars on everyone.

wrbt

Oct 9, 2009
I'm having lots of fun with it too.

I haven't done a lot of online reading mostly just figuring stuff out for myself, unfortunately that the game started to get tiring it was just such a pain to get around near lava or in the corruption was thinking maybe stop playing too much like work. Then I discovered the absolute glory of the grappling hook. Talk about breathing new life into it, now I'm spider man again having a great time with much of the tedium of travel out of the way.

In fact since bought on Steam sale I suspect when all is said and done it wouldn't surprise me if this little game ended up the highest hours/dollar ratio of any game I've ever played.

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
If you really want to be spiderman explore the jungle area for the parts for the Ivy Whip. That thing is just awesome.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
It is fun, but I'm running out of things to do now that I've gotten every piece of armor set and all of the rare items. Now I'm just messing around eliminating lava with sand from the underworld, and playing with the underlava/water breathing to make massive underground lakes.

I can't wait for 1.1 though, the 2 new ores and drill and lots of new armor and weapons will probably get me more interested in it.