Terraria 1.3 coming next week

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
damn im really surprised they came out with another update after all this time.
this is wonderful and terrible
so easy to sink time in this game...

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
I wasted 5 bucks on this game since everyone was telling me to get it since it was so good.

5 minutes in and I was bore and uninstall it right away. Last time I'll ever buy an indie game again.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I wish I knew this a few days ago. I would have picked this up during the sale. Oh well, I'll just wait til the next one.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I wasted 5 bucks on this game since everyone was telling me to get it since it was so good.

5 minutes in and I was bore and uninstall it right away. Last time I'll ever buy an indie game again.

So you lack creativity and you condemn all of the millions of indie games because you didn't like one. Are you 12? Are you aware that Star Citizen is an indie game?

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
I'll pass. Pixel graphics need to go away already.

I agree with you on the Pixelation Plague, but I don't think I'd throw Terraria in that same group.

Terraria's graphics, while on the lower end, are definitely better than most of the other "Pixel Art" games (most of which I can't make out what they are).

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
Yes! I love this game, I love the developers of this game as well. I'll be playing this update no doubt. Just about the best $2.50 I ever spent on a game.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

Yeah that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

KT

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

While I agree that we are being inundated by Pixel graphics games, pixel graphics itself is not necessarily bad. Pixel graphics are the right graphics for Terraria. I don't think the game would work half as well if they had tried any other graphics style.

The problem occurs when pixel graphics are used so the team could make a game without having to hire artists. Most of the rash of indy 'Retro' RPGs fall into that category. Many are games that would have been good if the development team had spent more time making the game look decent.

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
DO WANT!

I was honestly expecting them to quietly give up on Terraria. It's a wonderful game with a lot of great dynamics and awesome boss fights. If the game cost $60 or had monthly DLC that you had to purchase for each of these patches, then I could see why some people complain. But the game offers dozens of hours of content for a very low cost.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
i wonder if i should disable updates and play 1.2 for a bit, still havent given this game more than a quick look

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Was this update suppose to be release a while back, but then they decided not to do it. then did the xbox version and then said maybe will release the update again?

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011

I'll take pixel graphics in a great game over AAA graphics in a mediocre game (which is all AAA games in the past few years imo).

I bet those people that bought the new Batman would love to have Terraria. :biggrin:

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Really looking forward to this. The update that brought three wire colors alone brought me hours more fun from this game, rewiring my "forts" for 3 circuits.

I will probably start a new char and world from scratch when this comes out.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
This game has so much depth, and death. My biggest "complaint" about game is the water, for some reason it always ruins my design plans or gets in my way. lol

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
damn im really surprised they came out with another update after all this time.
this is wonderful and terrible
so easy to sink time in this game...

the young kids only recently got into Terraria in a rather large way, so I assume it will track along the lines with what happened with Minecraft.

I introduced my nephew to Terraria about 3? years ago when he was crazy for Minecraft. He kinda liked it, but it never stuck. A few months ago, he now has it on everything, all his friends play it, they were playing it together at his birthday party...and you're starting to see Terraria stuff show up at Target.

Harrod

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2010
Nice, I started playing this a few months ago in my free time, it's definitely an under rated game. I just really wish there were some better guides out there for it.