Info Tell me something that will make me go "Wow!"

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Skittles are all the same flavor. The only reason each color tastes different is because of the dyes and perfumes added to each color. The dyes and perfumes trick your senses into thinking they taste differently.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Kaido

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Skittles are all the same flavor. The only reason each color tastes different is because of the dyes and perfumes added to each color. The dyes and coloring tricks your senses into thinking they taste differently.
So if I got a bag of skittles and blind tasted them, they'd be the same?
I will experiment.

DONT YOU DARE MOVE!!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well no, they are not unflavored. They are monoflavored. Or uniflavored.
But yeah, on my way to work tomorrow I will stop and get some Skittles.
And yes if they have different perfumes in them then that means they DO Have different tastes.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Skittles are all the same flavor. The only reason each color tastes different is because of the dyes and perfumes added to each color. The dyes and perfumes trick your senses into thinking they taste differently.
That's an interesting statement, given the replacement of lime with green apple, and the subsequent return of lime. So you suggest they just went back to the old dye/perfume?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Wow, a Skittles hater. I'm used to people hating on candy corn, circus peanuts, black licorice, Necco wafers... but not Skittles.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I think the Skittles colors taste different, but it's been ages. No interest in buying any to find out I don't want to feel the rainbow. Actually I think rainbows are illegal in most red states by now. So maybe I should be risque