Team Fortress 2 Scout update!!!

Quizard

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Now that the update is out what are the things you like and dislike about the new update. I was hoping they would of put the effing nailgun back in but whatever. I wonder what class will come next, i hope the sniper with a freaking auto sniper!!!

Click me

the unknown

Dec 22, 2007
Originally posted by: PhatoseAlpha
Oh jeeze. It's really like Valve is trying to render the game unplayable.

Scared of change much? looks like fun, AND I bet its super easy to hs them with a sniper rifle ect. Scout lives because he can run, and it seems to me he will be stationary for quite sometime while using this. Plus no double jump. Really no different than airblast too imo.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Sweet! Can hardly wait.

Been playing the Scout a bit more recently and loving it.

KT

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Originally posted by: the unknown

Scared of change much? looks like fun, AND I bet its super easy to hs them with a sniper rifle ect. Scout lives because he can run, and it seems to me he will be stationary for quite sometime while using this. Plus no double jump. Really no different than airblast too imo.

I'm sure it would be real easy to HS the scout if he were going to be doing this somewhere the sniper could even get an angle on him. But the whole point of having the uber is to go in places where you don't have easy shots - there ain't gonna be no sniper to HS him, cause the sniper ain't going in where all the sentries are going to be.

And yes, it's very similiar to the airblast, which has already pushed the game further in the direction of defense. We don't need anything else keeping sentry nests safe from ubers.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

I'm sure it would be real easy to HS the scout if he were going to be doing this somewhere the sniper could even get an angle on him. But the whole point of having the uber is to go in places where you don't have easy shots - there ain't gonna be no sniper to HS him, cause the sniper ain't going in where all the sentries are going to be.

And yes, it's very similiar to the airblast, which has already pushed the game further in the direction of defense. We don't need anything else keeping sentry nests safe from ubers.

It'll be the same as with any other update, for the first 2 weeks, everyone will play as the scout then it will die off. Not too many people even play scout at all, especially when on defense.

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
It's nice to see Valve making more defenses against TEH ALLMIGHTI UBERZ!! :) Maybe a Scout and Pyro can team up against an ubered pair. The Scout can knock the ball on the Medic, then the Pyro can airblast the Heavy/Soldier/Demoman away from the Medic, breaking the pair. Or vice versa, whatever. ;)

Quizard

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Originally posted by: zerocool84

It'll be the same as with any other update, for the first 2 weeks, everyone will play as the scout then it will die off. Not too many people even play scout at all, especially when on defense.

this is true but when updates come out more ppl will play especially over time

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Sandman or not give me Sasha and I'll calm down any Scout trying to play baseball on my way.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
So, should it be implied that the Scout is getting 6 updates based on that website? Or are they giving two characters 3 updates each?

Quizard

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Originally posted by: CPA
So, should it be implied that the Scout is getting 6 updates based on that website? Or are they giving two characters 3 updates each?

They are also adding another game mode I think but he has 3 weapons so each of the 3 can be upgraded. Also I have a question can you be VAC banned for achievement hacks? only answer if you know

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
and im dreading this update, i already find scouts annoying as hell...and now they're going to be more powerful! noooooo

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Quizard

They are also adding another game mode I think but he has 3 weapons so each of the 3 can be upgraded. Also I have a question can you be VAC banned for achievement hacks? only answer if you know

Just go to an achievment map.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: coreyb
no you cannot. its non-detectable from what i've seen.

I thought they did catch a bunch of people and reset their achievements.

Maybe one update is for the new achievements and the others are for new maps?

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
Not sure about that, I'm only speaking from personal experience. I've used the hack since the first updates came out.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: coreyb
Not sure about that, I'm only speaking from personal experience. I've used the hack since the first updates came out.

There's probably more than one. When they originally released the first batch, there was a console command that gave the achievements. Valve put a stop to that one. Personally, I don't care, it takes me around three days of regular play to get 2/3 weapons via achievements.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Quizard

Keep in mind one thing, you will destroy your stats

my pyro has like 721 kills being my best..

its quite annoying because i decided i wanted to go legit later

you can reset your achievements, but you cant reset your other stats