Team Anandtech Folding@Home needs your help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Do I need to do anything special for hyperthreading? It's sitting at 50% now, but I think that's just a windows trick really...

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Nebor
Do I need to do anything special for hyperthreading? It's sitting at 50% now, but I think that's just a windows trick really...
We're trying to figure this out now in this thread. I don't have a P4 and most of us are running Athlons, but we'll help as much as we can.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I'll just go set up my athlon to do it too. So I've just added 4.3ghz to the cause. :D

This PC can OC up to 3.4ghz ok, but I don't really like the extra heat...

bgeh

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2001
hmm what about running 2 instances of the clients with both using the local flag?

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'll just go set up my athlon to do it too. So I've just added 4.3ghz to the cause. :D

Thanks for the help! You'll show up in the stats posts after your first results are submitted.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: MDE

Thanks for the help! You'll show up in the stats posts after your first results are submitted.

Do I need a different login for my AMD machine?

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Just setup three machines (a 2400+ XP, a 2500+ XP, and a 1.7 GHz P4). Woo.

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001
How is the folding client as a CPU stress test (compared to, say, Prime95)? I may set this up when I burn in new machines.

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: FeathersMcGraw
How is the folding client as a CPU stress test (compared to, say, Prime95)? I may set this up when I burn in new machines.
It tends to show problems that some other tests may miss. It doesn't immediately scream at you when you get an error like P95, but it'll give you a BSOD if there's a major problem. IMO, running F@H for months on end (or any DC program) is a very good stress test.

r0tt3n1

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2001
It tends to show problems that some other tests may miss. It doesn't immediately scream at you when you get an error like P95, but it'll give you a BSOD if there's a major problem. IMO, running F@H for months on end (or any DC program) is a very good stress test.

Aint that the truth!!
;)

bgeh

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2001

the gromacs core IMO can catch errors not caught by P95 :)

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I'm still not listed on the stats page after going overnight, how long will it take?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I'm still not listed on the stats page after going overnight, how long will it take?

Have you finished a single work unit yet? My little p4 charges right through seti WUs, when I was still doing seti@home -but this one's going REALLY slowly for some reason. :confused:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have (3) 3gig P4's @home I can use and (3) 2.4 gig P4's @ work I can use.

Sysadmin

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Originally posted by: Sysadmin
I have (3) 3gig P4's @home I can use and (3) 2.4 gig P4's @ work I can use.

Sysadmin

Christ that's a lotta Hz! :Q
But it Hz so good! :p I we all appreciate the support we're getting, but to steal a line from the SETI guys, MORE MORE MORE!!!