TAS's member thread for July 2007: Leiden classical.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
I just moved into first place on the TeAm for RAC!!!!!!

Catch me if you can!!!

--Fred

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Rudy Toody
I just moved into first place on the TeAm for RAC!!!!!!

Catch me if you can!!!

--Fred

w00t! I'm pedaling! :)

-jim

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
It seems that the more WUs I crunch, the greater my pending credits' total becomes.

The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get!:laugh:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Sitting and doing some stats --- it is a Saturday! :beer:

It is a Czech premium lager - Starobrno. Hmmmmmmmm. Cheers! :beer:

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: petrusbroder

It's not noon here yet. Hmmmm. [looks around furtively, checks fridge and finds stock. Quietly cracks open a refreshing bevvie...]

OK. :)

-jim

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: caferace
Originally posted by: petrusbroder

It's not noon here yet. Hmmmm. [looks around furtively, checks fridge and finds stock. Quietly cracks open a refreshing bevvie...]

OK. :)

-jim

Cheers, Jim! :beer: :D

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Jim has caught me and moved into first place in the RAC standings. It must have cooled off in his neighborhood.

--Fred

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Rudy Toody
Jim has caught me and moved into first place in the RAC standings. It must have cooled off in his neighborhood.

--Fred

Ah. But You're back ahead again, and a few comps are being shut down this week during the day to keep things cool. It's not AS hot, but I still need to cut back some...

-jim

rabrittain

Dec 28, 2006
I'm visiting my sister's family in East Tennessee. It's hot and humid here. It's a good thing that my computers are back in the Tacoma, WA area. I hope that they continue to crunch while I'm away from them.

Here's a big shout out to the new guys and everybody else (you too, Rudy Toody) on the team that continues to keep their computers up and crunching. :thumbsup:

My computers will be OK unless there is a power outage. If that happens during my trip, there will be no one to properly boot them back up and run BOINC Manager.

Wish me luck!!

:D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Good luck!
I once left my home for a 5 week trip into the Finnish arctic outback.
Left 17 computers crunching - and 15 of them were still running well when I came back. :D
The two which did not had rebooted themselves due to me forgetting to switch off Win XP's automatic update function ... :(

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Originally posted by: rabrittain
I'm visiting my sister's family in East Tennessee. It's hot and humid here.

I spent a year in Knoxville. And yes, that place was also freakin' humid. Stepping out of the shower at 100% air humidity feels really strange, as you just don't know if you're still in the shower or not ;)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Crunching goes on ... please follow the discussion in the TAS Challenge thread - it is quite interesting ... ;)

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
I still don't have any. Their messages forum has a thread devoted to this problem. It seems to be windows related.

--Fred