TAS members' thread February-March 2007: DPAD and ex-NanoHive@Home.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Yupp - and so has happened: :D

Lets welcome the miniteam of two: Rudy Toody and rabrittain also known as [TA]FLOPS Slingers! Nice to see you here, Team Mates! :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Just a quick report:

12 days ago, DPAD had 17 active crunchers, production was some 710K - 750K Mpts/day :)
Now, DPAD has 29 active crunchers, production is approx. 1 310K Mpts/day! :D

That is just a great improvement - but still: :cool:

TA needs more, More, MOre, MORe and MORE crunchers, computers, CPUs and cores crunching away a lot of Mpts - a production of some 2 500k Mpts would be needed to regain our place!

Edit: spelling and such ...

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Welcome, Amaroque, to TAS.
Thanks for your crunching contribution - and check out the stats coming Saturday! :D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
And now back to NanoHive for a News Update:

Team Anadtech is (for now) #1:

Team stats

We will be passed - probably today - by AMD-Users.

Thanks for the crunching all, and especially the stellar del Sol!

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
We have been passed by AMD-Users in NanoHive@Home. :(

OTOH: we are starting to hold our ground against Free-DC in DPAD!
Please add some more comps, cpus cores to the projects.
Please try to find new members for the team too!
:D

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
I just finished installing a new motherboard into one of my two dead boxes and it started crunching DPAD a few minutes ago.

I'll install the second motherboard tomorrow. Then I'll be back up to speed.

TurtleBlue

Feb 10, 2004
2.4ghz northwood doing great since starting d_pad on it a few days ago...moving up the ranks from the cellar. :)

The 500mhz Pentium III IBM Thinkpad Dinosaur has been huffin' & a puffin' since yesterday. No results sent so far and the results file shows 21KB. Should be able to post some results in about 4 days. It's a trooper! :eek:

I am a little dissapointed in my 3.06ghz northwood's efforts so far.:( It has only posted results once since starting yesterday afternoon. Following petrusbroder's answer to my hyperthread activation queries I set the box up to run 2 d_pad processes. They both are crunching like gangbusters but the 2nd process keeps stopping due to "BAD CHECKSUM" errors. I moved that directory to another hard drive in my tower case and it still stops with the same error. Sadly, I stopped both processes & rebooted to deactivate Hyperthreading and am only running 1 process. Hope to see better results compaired to the 2.4 ghz box in a few days...:

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
@Turtle:

Did you also try with HT turned on but only one DPAD folder, with threads set to auto in the config.txt? That's how I run my HT machine and it gives me more points than with two separate instances of DPAD. (P4 2,8 HT)

TurtleBlue

Feb 10, 2004
Thanks for the post caferace & Black Mountain Cow! :thumbsup:

Did you get it worked out yet, TurtleBlue?

-jim

YES!!! the 3.06ghz box is producing much better now, thanks!:)

@Turtle:

Did you also try with HT turned on but only one DPAD folder, with threads set to auto in the config.txt? That's how I run my HT machine and it gives me more points than with two separate instances of DPAD. (P4 2,8 HT)

I am doing this same config also, Black Mountain Cow, thanks. I found this to be the case when I was helping out SoB a couple of months ago! BTW, how's the weather in Germany? (my wife's mother came from Stuttgart - ahh, Germany! Where the Steins are seldom dry):beer:

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
:laugh:

I can only speak for Bavaria, but yes, it's rainy today. But the rest of the week was nice and way too mild for this time of year.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Rainy in Sweden too - oh so sorry: it just turned to snow. :(

DPAD stats later today or early tomorrow! :D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004

The first DPAD-statistic:

20. ____ [TA]Petrusbroder ____ 10 029 375.6 Mpts

A really nice Muon-stone got passed last night!

A shamelessly self congratulatory post - but I am quite happy now! ;)

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
It seems the DPAD stats pages haven't update for several hours. I wonder if everything else is working.

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Rudy Toody
It seems the DPAD stats pages haven't update for several hours. I wonder if everything else is working.

I sent Stephen Brooks an email about 1/2 hour ago. He's pretty good at responding, so....

-jim