Target: Left Lane Hogs - Finally!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
They've had "Keep Right Except to Pass" and "Slower Traffic Keep Right" laws on the books in Oregon and Washington, but they are never enforced. :(

The lesson from Germany and other countries is clear. So long as it is not reckless, speed in and of itself does not kill. Congestion is the leading cause of all car accidents. Left-lane hogs promote dangerous high-speed congestion. The facts are clear. Left-lane hogs are as dangerous as any speeder on the road. Tired of tail-gaters on the freeway? Get the FSCK out of the left lane.

EXACTLY! In reality the speeder's up to 10mph are the safest bunch, those going even 5mph below are more dangerous. Those going 10mph+ below the most lethal.

I will say though I travel briskly, but tail gaters are always there. The main problem I have is I eventually get out of their way, then they pass, then they slow down :confused:

then they play 'block my pass'.

utter BS