Talk about a bad day.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackace

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2004
Sorry to hear man. Car accidents really suck and dealing with insurance companies can be totally maddening, but look at it this way, no permanent damage to anyone's life was done and no one died or suffered severe injuries so its no where near as bad as it could have been.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
*Update*

Hey guys sorry it has taken so long to write back but I went back to the hospital because my head and neck were killing me. Today my shoulder is a little sore - nothing too serious though.

I was a little upset yesterday with the fridge breaking and then the accident....so it wasnt the worst day of my life. It sucked but I'm sure it could have been a lot worse. I'm thinking now if I had been a couple seconds faster I would have hit him directly on the passenger side instead of the rear tire area.

As for the accident diagram....I really didnt feel like drawing it so I snapped a pic on the way to the hospital.

http://i186.photobucket.com/al.../alkoholik24/photo.jpg

Now this view is East-bound. I was traveling Westbound (opposite side) when the accident happened so this is pretty much the way the other driver saw it.
On the left hand side there is the McD's. There are 5 lanes - 2 east-bound, 2 west-bound and 1 turning lane. I was in the lane all the way to the left in the picture. Traffic was at a stand-still in the next lane (2nd from the right) because there was a trackter trailer trying to make a left back by that light.

So to recap - I'm traveling in the far left lane. Traffic is stopped in the next lane (west bound) and the other driver is in the 3rd turning lane trying to get into the Mc D's. Because the trackter trailer was blocking his view he never saw me coming and tried to make the turn. All I saw when I cleared the trailer was his car - swirved as much as I could and hit his rear passenger side tire - spinning him into a 360 and landing into the flower garden outside the McD's.

The adjuster was supposed to come today and check out my car but I havent heard anything yet. I also dont have rental insurance so I had to file a claim on his insurance.

I am getting a little ahead but if the car is totaled I need to find a new car. I was set on keeping this car for atleast another 3 years so I could save up for a G37 or 335i coupe (both used). I really dont want to be spending all this money on 2 new cars for both me and my wife. So now the question becomes do I get a used car, lease a new car or buy something cheap.

I keep my stuff in pretty nice shape as you can see from whats left of the mustang. Its almost 9 years old and it looks brand new. The guy at the repair shop thought it was brand new. However I dont want to buy something now and just hate it after a couple years ie Altima Coupe. We had planned for my wife to get something in the 250-300/m range with a 36 month finance plan (Mazda 3, Sentra, Caliper, Jetta, etc) then once that was paid off I would get the G37 or 335i. I was thinking about leasing a car for 3 years in the same price range but then we're dropping 600/m on cars. I could however get another used Mustang or something similar.

Sorry for it being so long winded.....had a lot to get off my mind.