taking suggestions for noteworthy games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
That's the spirit, just throw in whatever you like! Sometimes I just forget what games were out there I always wanted to try after a while. I think I had enough of HL / HL2 based games (got the orange pack and all...)

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I haven't got to play doom 3 except messing around with demo machines at fry's. How did I leave out QW? :eek:

As for all those other games, I have played them all (except UT99 and unreal 2) to ad nauseam :)

lol if you live in Dallas Mb you will go to Cuakecon 2010? I plan on going. mb we can play some QW there together! Or online :D

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
when is the event again? if its after late april I might be able to. otherwise I will be a bit overwhelmed with work :(

Oct 30, 2004
As an after thought, older games worth playing would be starcraft, unreal, UT99, UT2k4, and unreal 2. I am not a big fan of the latest UT, i think the original was the best. It had the cows after all :D

One issue that immediately jumps out at me is whether or not your rig will be able to handle some of these games. I'm not real familiar with that video card, but it might be an issue.

I agree with this. UT3 proved to be a huge failure for a number of reasons but if you could pick it up for $8 it might be OK. People still play UT 2004 and UT99 to this day, which were great games but for different reasons. You might even be able to find a copy of the Unreal Anthology (UT99 + UT 2004 + single player Unreal game) for $2 at a local Gamestop if you get lucky.

You played some RTS, have you considered looking into Sins of a Solar Empire? It's a slower-paced, 4X-RTS that doesn't have the click-fest components and it won a couple Game of the Year awards.