Taking a look at liberal hypocrisy …......

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Kavanaugh: Multiple women came forward. 1 had notes that a therapist took detailing it years before he was nominated and took a lie detector test.

Fairfax: 1 woman has come forward with a he said she said claim and no proof other wise.

Yep totally the same, those darn libtards.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Ummm, I dont think you know what the word means.

Or, you get your "facts" from Fox News.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Kavanaugh: Multiple women came forward. 1 had notes that a therapist took detailing it years before he was nominated and took a lie detector test.

Fairfax: 1 woman has come forward with a he said she said claim and no proof other wise.

How many were multiple? Two? Three? I know one said she could have been making a mistake in saying it was Kavanaugh, too. How old are the accusations, has Kavanaugh had a record of this behavior over the decades?

Sounds like liberal hypocrisy to me.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
No hypocrisy here...just typical alt right bullshit. Most liberals are asking for a full investigation. Kavanaugh was up for a lifetime appointment and GOP didn’t want to slow down for an investigation. The only time pressure here is whether Fairfax becomes Gov due to Northam’s resignation...but he can still be investigated and can be removed if needed.

FWIW, I believe Tyson, and I also think it’s possible Fairfax didn’t know when the consensual kissing became non-consensual when he whipped it out. But that’s no excuse.

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
- Taking a look at liberal hypocrisy from allegations against Justice Brett Kavanaugh versus those of Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax.
https://video.foxnews.com/v/5999383376001/#sp=show-clips

Republican logic: It happen years ago and she didn't report at the time it happen. So it must not be true. She and the opposing party are playing partisan politics to bring down a good man.

Seems like republicans hypocrisy to me

But anyways, if the sexual assault accusations are found to be true from investigations. The guy should step down and be charged.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
- Taking a look at liberal hypocrisy from allegations against Justice Brett Kavanaugh versus those of Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax.
https://video.foxnews.com/v/5999383376001/#sp=show-clips

Not a news flash that people are inconsistent with their standards, especially when they have personal motivation to do so. Such as knowing if they apply those standards consistently it might lead to political outcomes they either like or dislike, so it's easier to change their standards then face that adverse outcome. That being said it would be nice if we moved away from the current era of dehumanization based on political beliefs if not pure tribalism such as "he was wearing clothing supporting a politician I oppose and was smirking so I'd like to punch him in the face."

Reactions: UglyCasanova

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Not a news flash that people are inconsistent with their standards, especially when they have personal motivation to do so. Such as knowing if they apply those standards consistently it might lead to political outcomes they either like or dislike, so it's easier to change their standards then face that adverse outcome. That being said it would be nice if we moved away from the current era of dehumanization based on political beliefs if not pure tribalism such as "he was wearing clothing supporting a politician I oppose and was smirking so I'd like to punch him in the face."
Let's be reasonable here. That was a punchable face regardless of the hat or setting.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Too fucking late. The time for your concern was decades ago when Rush started the trend and Fox News made it mainstream. Now you want to stop it after 2 generations have been mindfucked into believing liberals want to eat children and any media that doesn't demonize liberals while reporting is LMSM garbage.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
Wow she is a democrat also......
She sounds legit.....
Quote:
"
Tyson, however, said in her statement that the encounter was not consensual.

“I met Mr. Fairfax on July 26, 2004 when he and I were working at the convention,” she said. “We crossed paths occasionally during the first two days and our interactions were cordial, but not flirtatious.”

Tyson explained that on July 28, 2004, Fairfax invited her to accompany him on a “quick errand to retrieve documents from his room in a nearby hotel.”

“Given our interactions up to that time, I had no reason to feel threatened and agreed to walk with him to his hotel,” she said. “I stood in the entryway of the room and after he located the documents, he walked over and kissed me.”

Tyson said that while she was “surprised by his advance, it was not unwelcome,” and she “kissed him back,” but had “no intention of taking my clothes off or engaging in sexual activity.”

“What began as consensual kissing quickly turned into a sexual assault. Mr. Fairfax put his hand behind my neck and forcefully pushed my head towards his crotch,” she recalled. “Only then did I realize that he had unbuckled his belt, unzipped his pants, and taken out his penis. He then forced his penis into my mouth.”

“Utterly shocked and terrified, I tried to move my head away, but could not because his hand was holding down my neck and he was much stronger than me,” she said. “As I cried and gagged, Mr. Fairfax forced me to perform oral sex on him. I cannot believe, given my obvious distress, that Mr. Fairfax thought this forced sexual act was consensual.”

She added: “To be very clear, I did not want to engage in oral sex with Mr. Fairfax and I never gave him any form of consent. Quite the opposite. I consciously avoided Mr. Fairfax for the remainder of the Convention and I never spoke to him again.”

Tyson said that after the assault, she “suffered from both deep humiliation and shame,” and did not speak about the incident for years, noting that “like most survivors” she “suppressed those memories and emotions.”

“I have never wavered in my account because I am telling the truth,” she went on to say. “I have no political motive. I am a proud Democrat. My only motive in speaking now is to refute Mr. Fairfax’s falsehoods and aspersions of my character, and to provide what I believe is important information for Virginians to have as they make critical decisions that involve Mr. Fairfax.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vi...user-releases-statement-detailing-allegations

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I thought the standard put forth by Republicans here was he had to be proven "guilty" first. I guess that's out the window.

Seriously liberals have been pretty consistent here over the years, if the evidence is there it and its more likely than not the act occurred than the accused should step down or withdraw. I'm also all for a detailed investigation, which is also what "liberals" were calling for in the Kavanaugh hearings.

Stop watching Fox and engage with real liberals instead of imaginary ones.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Too fucking late. The time for your concern was decades ago when Rush started the trend and Fox News made it mainstream. Now you want to stop it after 2 generations have been mindfucked into believing liberals want to eat children and any media that doesn't demonize liberals while reporting is LMSM garbage.
The time for a change will be when the right has lived for years and years in a hell hole of a leftist authoritarian dictatorship. Once equal suffering and humiliation and degradation have been equally experienced by both sides,, then we can talk of knocking off the dehumanization. Or would an apology and the closing down of the Republican party be enough since in you give a Republican an inch he or she will take a mile. We face this horrible fact that the party of demonization of others is what got us here in the first place and they will always seek mercy when the chickens come home to roost. It's not like rocket science to understand that when you add impetus to a pendulum, it swings far back. We all learned that on the swing set in kindergarten, no?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

While this has truth for anyone regardless of political leaning, the left today thinks they're always right and fact driven, too smug to realize they're often little more than evangelical liberals running on more emotion than fact.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I thought the standard put forth by Republicans here was he had to be proven "guilty" first. I guess that's out the window.

Seriously liberals have been pretty consistent here over the years, if the evidence is there it and its more likely than not the act occurred than the accused should step down or withdraw. I'm also all for a detailed investigation, which is also what "liberals" were calling for in the Kavanaugh hearings.

Stop watching Fox and engage with real liberals instead of imaginary ones.

We do live in a system where presumption of innocence is considered a feature not a bug. One can personally believe someone is guilty but also hold there's not enough to meet a legal standard of guilt (which is where the Kavanaugh situation lands for me). There's also additional context in this case (dates, places, etc.) which weren't in play in the Kavanaugh case that both allow Mr. Fairfax to present alibis and allow investigators to refute specific assertions.

Reactions: happy medium

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
We do live in a system where presumption of innocence is considered a feature not a bug. One can personally believe someone is guilty but also hold there's not enough to meet a legal standard of guilt (which is where the Kavanaugh situation lands for me). There's also additional context in this case (dates, places, etc.) which weren't in play in the Kavanaugh case that both allow Mr. Fairfax to present alibis and allow investigators to refute specific assertions.

If anyone was applying the legal standard of guilt to Kavanaugh they are stupid, partisan, or insane.

The actual standard for Kavanaugh was ‘give someone a lifetime job with enormous, unreviewable power’. Multiple, credible accusations of sexual assault coupled with multiple people from his past saying Kavanaugh lied under oath in his defense made that a no brained.

Sadly, partisanship is more important to conservatives than intellectual consistency. Liberals have remained remarkably consistent no matter their political stakes, I’m sure you agree.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
So let's see.. Republicans who insisted that the allegations against Kavanaugh shouldn't keep him from the bench are now insisting that the allegations against Fairfax should make him unfit for office.

Yep, that sounds like hypocrisy alright.

I'm not a Republican but even if I was I don't live in VA and don't care if the voters there decide if he's "unfit for office" or not. If his political party makes the decision that "you know he's not been convicted of a crime so it's unfair to remove him from office on an allegation" then so be it. Or if they decide the exact opposite that's fine also.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm not a Republican but even if I was I don't live in VA and don't care if the voters there decide if he's "unfit for office" or not. If his political party makes the decision that "you know he's not been convicted of a crime so it's unfair to remove him from office on an allegation" then so be it. Or if they decide the exact opposite that's fine also.
If the voters or his party make that decision, I'm fine with that.
I was just saying that those in glass houses should not throw rocks.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

Kavanaugh. One credible witness came forward, but she couldn’t recollect the details and no one allegedly present was willing to confirm what little details were known. Liberals raged on social media and Democrat presidential hopefuls rallied to the victim.

Fairfax. One credible witness came forward who remembers the date, location and explicit details of the encounter, and confided her concerns to a colleague who is now backing her account. Liberals - crickets, or at least for now until they figure out an angle to keep the governor’s mansion, after which the blood sacrifices can begin.

You’re right, they are not the same at all.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
If the voters or his party make that decision, I'm fine with that.
I was just saying that those in glass houses should not throw rocks.

Everyone lives in glass houses these days when it comes to allegations of harassment or "insensitivity." It's pretty typical now there's an increasingly frantic race to judgement and to be the first to arrive at what turns out to the be consensus judgement (which is typically "off with their head"). The typical sequence of events is "ready, fire, aim" when an allegation is made and that's unfortunate. Better than the days of when sexual assault allegations would wind up with being told '"If you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find" but somewhere in between the two extremes hopefully someday we'll find a happy medium that's fairer for everyone.

Reactions: UglyCasanova

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Kavanaugh. One credible witness came forward, but she couldn’t recollect the details and no one allegedly present was willing to confirm what little details were known. Liberals raged on social media and Democrat presidential hopefuls rallied to the victim.

Fairfax. One credible witness came forward who remembers the date, location and explicit details of the encounter, and confided her concerns to a colleague who is now backing her account. Liberals - crickets, or at least for now until they figure out an angle to keep the governor’s mansion, after which the blood sacrifices can begin.

You’re right, they are not the same at all.

Why did you leave out all the perjury Kavanaugh committed during his defense? Personally I think lying under oath should be disqualifying for a SCOTUS justice. Conservatives apparently did not agree.

Also, the idea that there are crickets from liberals on Fairfax is absurd, they are doing the exact same thing as with Kavanaugh, saying the accusation should be investigated. Unlike what Republicans did, I suspect Democrats will actually investigate the allegation instead of just saying to make such an allegation is mean and unfair and should be ignored.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The precedent is already set. Kavanaugh is on the bench. The pussy grabber is in the WH. That some Democrats wanted to set a different precedent doesn't change anything.