Super Tuesday Results

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Maybe he will give up when he gets destroyed in FL. They love his Castro stories.

Bernie said that the candidate with the most pledged delegates at the convention should be the nominee. It's entirely reasonable for him to stay in it up to the point where it's mathematically impossible for him to be that guy. He may yet win it.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Or maybe Trump & his Russian friends just messed with voters' minds in an astoundingly effective way. Your bellyaching over the might have beens just proves how good they are.

Why is nothing ever Clinton's fault? I only voted for that fucker because Trump was running against her. I hated her long before Russia was hacking the DNC's emails and shitposting on Facebook.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Why is nothing ever Clinton's fault? I only voted for that fucker because Trump was running against her. I hated her long before Russia was hacking the DNC's emails and shitposting on Facebook.

Why is that? What is it from "Clinton" that has such ire from you?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009

Why does it matter, she is not running and her political career is over?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

I don't think those numbers reflect today's vote, or certainly not all of it.

I don't think even these numbers reflect the entire day.

Reactions: Aegeon

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Or maybe Trump & his Russian friends just messed with voters' minds in an astoundingly effective way. Your bellyaching over the might have beens just proves how good they are.

Occam's Razor says nope, Clinton was a terrible candidate since we already have plenty of evidence of it (such as her historically high unpopularity level). You can stop trying to make yourself feel better by blaming the Russians instead of admitting you chose catastrophically bad in 2016. Generationally so, the worst since Goldwater in 1964 and McGovern in 1972. Accepting the truth is the first step to knowledge and being able to learn from your mistakes.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Why does it matter, she is not running and her political career is over?

Because Americans were accused of not liking her because of stupid reasons like we heard too much Russian propaganda. I didn't like her because I hated her husband and how his laissez faire approach to the economy and specifically non-regulation of derivatives laid the seeds for the 2008 economic collapse. I didn't like her because she completely sold out on healthcare. I hate the Clintons because under Bill we made China what it is today with their most favored nation trade status. I hate that Clinton closed the supercollider under construction in Waxahachie that would have found the Higgs boson 25 years earlier and made Texas the epicenter of the physics world. I hate that Bill Clinton dragged the party really far to the right and that he is revered by the current Democratic party. And I hate that Hillary had such a stranglehold on the party in 2016 that no one wanted to piss her off and run against her.

I'm really fucking tired of the Russia excuse.

Feb 4, 2009
Because Americans were accused of not liking her because of stupid reasons like we heard too much Russian propaganda. I didn't like her because I hated her husband and how his laissez faire approach to the economy and specifically non-regulation of derivatives laid the seeds for the 2008 economic collapse. I didn't like her because she completely sold out on healthcare. I hate the Clintons because under Bill we made China what it is today with their most favored nation trade status. I hate that Clinton closed the supercollider under construction in Waxahachie that would have found the Higgs boson 25 years earlier and made Texas the epicenter of the physics world. I hate that Bill Clinton dragged the party really far to the right and that he is revered by the current Democratic party. And I hate that Hillary had such a stranglehold on the party in 2016 that no one wanted to piss her off and run against her.

I'm really fucking tired of the Russia excuse.

really
I found Bill to be the best President in modern history
my income grew exponentially during that time
deficit was eliminated
plenty of jobs in my area
expanding benefits at those jobs
fewer America fuck yeah world police mission
plus it was just a good time in general.
thats the main reason I voted Hillary, I find it amazing someone had a bad time in the 94-00 timeframe.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Occam's Razor says nope, Clinton was a terrible candidate since we already have plenty of evidence of it (such as her historically high unpopularity level). You can stop trying to make yourself feel better by blaming the Russians instead of admitting you chose catastrophically bad in 2016. Generationally so, the worst since Goldwater in 1964 and McGovern in 1972. Accepting the truth is the first step to knowledge and being able to learn from your mistakes.

The position that everyone who didn't support Clinton nor Trump did so because they are weakminded and can't possibly dislike otherwise Hillary is real. Those sad folk are secretly supporting the GOP and want to tear the Dems apart.

True story.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
really
deficit was eliminated
thats the main reason I voted Hillary, I find it amazing someone had a bad time in the 94-00 timeframe.

I agree with 99.99% of everything you said.

I only draw the line at the "best President in modern times". I would waffle on that part a bit.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
really
deficit was eliminated

Basically, FYGM.

Feb 4, 2009
I agree with 99.99% of everything you said.

I only draw the line at the "best President in modern times". I would waffle on that part a bit.

I can accept that, I appreciate that a modern conservative admits this was a great time in US history. Typically dudes who sound like you fib about it. Like “MY TAXES WENT UP!!!.....Well of course, your earning went up 3 to 5x vs what you tax increase was. Earning $30k more per year and paying $10k more in taxes still equals a $20k increase.
To me everything was great (lots of opinion stuff here):
movies/TV was great
getting consistent bonuses or pay raises was common for most of that period
Super easy to say FU to a shitty employer and have a new job offer within 2-4 days
no big data tracking performance or weird metrics to meet at work
exciting time with technology becoming affordable AND useful
women were hotter
people were happier in general
I have to be really picky to find stuff that I didn’t like during that timeframe.

Basically, FYGM.

at least in my circles everyone got something kind of hard to say fygm when EVERYONE I knew was getting something. Only dude I can think of who may have had a tough time was a friend of a friend who worked as a social worker. They couldn’t staff his area of work consistently so he had to work ridiculous amounts which he earned a good sum of money doing but it definitely took a toll on him. He started to become very depressed, sort of like the people he was trying to help. Always felt bad for that guy, I just didn’t know how to support him back then. I wish I was wiser at that time.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Bernie couldn't even win Michigan. Michigan. He should have never entered the race to begin with. He should have backed Warren or groomed a younger replacement.

sort of agree here, would have never guessed without the Hillary foil Sanders wouldn’t do so well

Nov 8, 2012
Bernie couldn't even win Michigan. Michigan. He should have never entered the race to begin with. He should have backed Warren or groomed a younger replacement.

Michigan Is THE rust belt of moderate workers from the days of auto workers (Detroit, obviously).

They are (and have been this entire election) the CORE of Biden's chances of winning. I don't know why you're insinuating that Bernie should have won it?

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Michigan Is THE rust belt of moderate workers from the days of auto workers (Detroit, obviously).

They are (and have been this entire election) the CORE of Biden's chances of winning. I don't know why you're insinuating that Bernie should have won it?
Because Sanders supporters have spent the last four years pointing to his win over Clinton as Michigan as the definitive proof that he would have maintained the Democratic firewall and beaten Trump in 2016. His ability to win in the rust belt states was key to the argument that he was the best candidate.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The most disturbing Stat is that Sanders won the <50 demographic. 40-49 is just over 50%, but 30-39 is >70% and 19-29 is >80%. Biden has a lot of work to do.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
really
deficit was eliminated

Same here. I was a poor kid fresh out of school in the early 90s, facing poor prospects in a recession caused by the first Bush war, and then the Clinton economy came along and boom my life changed for the better.

IMO this is why so many people on the left and the right hate the Clintons. They promised a 'Third Way,' a moderate centrist path for American success, and they delivered on it. Was it perfect or without flaws? Of course not. But it was undeniably successful, thus the hate.

Nov 8, 2012
The most disturbing Stat is that Sanders won the <50 demographic. 40-49 is just over 50%, but 30-39 is >70% and 19-29 is >80%. Biden has a lot of work to do.

How is that disturbing?

Young people are stupid and don't understand the concept of paying taxes instead of receiving taxes.

Honestly voting age should be more along the lines of ages 25+ after the brain is fully developed. Kids are fucking dumb.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
How is that disturbing?

Young people are stupid and don't understand the concept of paying taxes instead of receiving taxes.

Honestly voting age should be more along the lines of ages 25+ after the brain is fully developed. Kids are fucking dumb.

Your Future will not be the same as your Present.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Same here. I was a poor kid fresh out of school in the early 90s, facing poor prospects in a recession caused by the first Bush war, and then the Clinton economy came along and boom my life changed for the better.

IMO this is why so many people on the left and the right hate the Clintons. They promised a 'Third Way,' a moderate centrist path for American success, and they delivered on it. Was it perfect or without flaws? Of course not. But it was undeniably successful, thus the hate.

Bill Clinton is mostly popular although the "me too" movement has dinged him somewhat from when he left office. Hillary Clinton is extraordinarily unpopular. Any sentiment that involves both of them considered together will result in a "right hand in ice water, left hand in boiling water means on average the water temperature is lukewarm" situation.

• Haha
Reactions: Perknose
Dec 10, 2005
How is that disturbing?

GTFO with that nonsense. "Old people" vote themselves benefits all the time and drive up deficits with nary a care about how to pay for stuff (eg, exploding military budget during a relatively peaceful time, $1 trillion tax cut, etc). In fact, a whole generation grew up on relatively decent benefits, then decided to take a steaming dump on future generations and voted themselves tax cuts.