"Super Dell"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
If three guys, one weilding a rock, approached my car with my daughter inside, threatening to do harm to the vehicle...you bet my ass I'd reach for my gun.

WTF are you pussies thinking? Since when is it okay sit back and watch three guys commit road rage against you when your children are by your side?

Enter the 'Hard'
Oh yeah, aight. Aight, I put on my robe and wizard hat. You ever seen my Mighty F*ck of the Beyondness? You are going down, a bullet isn't the necessary +1 to hit me.

:beer: :confused: :beer:

Zontor

Sep 19, 2000
Schanze was on his way to a competition at the park, his 8-year-old daughter by his side, he said.

There are numerous quotes where he's indicated he drives fast. He lost some fingers a few years back in a motorcycle accident caused by excessive speed. I believe when asked why he was doing 100 mph in a canyon on a motorcycle he responded with something like, "Because I slowed down..."

Admittedly some drivers are more skilled than others, but it is the "other guy" you have to watch out for. IMHO it was a mistake for him to drive like a maniac with a kid by his side.

I have nothing against the guy - he obviously knows how to run a business and uses sensationalism to get publicity. I do think, however, its time for him to quite acting like a tard.

As for pulling a gun - I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between his story and the neighbors - he must've been doing *something* to cause the confrontation and given his past actions I suspect he made vague threats....

They decided to be really nice once they knew I was armed. Their whole personalities changed. It was amazing...
link

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Zontor
There are numerous quotes where he's indicated he drives fast. He lost some fingers a few years back in a motorcycle accident caused by excessive speed. I believe when asked why he was doing 100 mph in a canyon on a motorcycle he responded with something like, "Because I slowed down..."

Admittedly some drivers are more skilled than others, but it is the "other guy" you have to watch out for. IMHO it was a mistake for him to drive like a maniac with a kid by his side.

that's a hell of a deduction....so a guy that just happens to buy a Diablo in the trailerpark must be dealing in kilos now? Just because the last 20 residents made up stories during the month it takes him to close on his loan?

I bet he is an ass at times, but this story is a vilgilante one. No legal either in the US.

Regardless if he has his kid you come back later.

Zontor

Sep 19, 2000
Originally posted by: alkemyst

that's a hell of a deduction....so a guy that just happens to buy a Diablo in the trailerpark must be dealing in kilos now? Just because the last 20 residents made up stories during the month it takes him to close on his loan?

I bet he is an ass at times, but this story is a vilgilante one. No legal either in the US.

Regardless if he has his kid you come back later.

What the hell does Diablo and kilos have to do with anything...if you work for TAC, admit it ;). Otherwise I don't see where you're coming from here....

I think it's a pretty damn safe deduction to figure that he was speeding - and even if the story is vigilante, he brings this upon himself. He basks in the limelight....

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

What the hell does Diablo and kilos have to do with anything...if you work for TAC, admit it ;). Otherwise I don't see where you're coming from here....

I think it's a pretty damn safe deduction to figure that he was speeding - and even if the story is vigilante, he brings this upon himself. He basks in the limelight....

You can't stereotype someone for what they have done. That is the problem with 90% of kangaroo courts.

It's exactly like the story I posted, people get jealous/pissed easy. We have a gated community, the guards know me. When there is a big line at the 'residents' side there is no rule saying I can't use the visitor's side. However, kid you not you will always get some asshat following you to your house trying to tell you 'that was illegal'.

People are stupid about others getting somewhere first. This guy happened to meet three of the craziest at the same time. Fortunately he knows how to raise the bar.

That is the reason 'the limelight' happens, not because you are looking for it, but because certain people would rather serve a knucklesamich instead of accepting another cutting them in line, bumping into them rudly, etc with no apology or even a returned rude remark.