Super Bowl LIII

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 13, 2009
The patriots D was atrocious. Like trying to plug a sinking ship. Eagles were the better overall team. Wanted the pats to win though.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'm not really a Pats fan, but I get what you're saying.

giphy.gif

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The patriots D was atrocious. Like trying to plug a sinking ship. Eagles were the better overall team. Wanted the pats to win though.
Yea, I was worried about that, giving up 300+ yds to the Jags at home didn't inspire confidence. Unknown is why Butler did not play, his replacement sucked and missed a key 3rd down tackle that would have forced a punt. Only one punt in the entire game, that must be a record. The 1000+yds racked up by both teams broke all playoff records.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Anyway great game, Peterson called a ballsy game and the Eagles defense finally came up with the strip/sack at a critical time, congratulations to the Eagles + their fans.
Now graciously accepting on behalf of the Eagles and the entire city of Philadelphia: Me. :p:p

On the whole, I'm rather pleased (said Perk in a tone of studied British understatement, while demurely examining his cuticles so as to not directly embarrass the losing team or their fans.)

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Best part of the superbowl?

The Cloverfield prequel trailer drop that no one saw coming AND airs after the superbowl.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
More importantly, time to start watching Cloverfield Paradox.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I'm happy for Foles, but I don't know if I'd get rid of Wentz. Assuming nothing happens to him, he's got a decade of excellent football in him. Foles needs to go to a team that is a QB away from relevance now.
You can't get rid of Wentz. Sucks for Foles but he is definitely not getting the start if he stays in Philly.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
You can't get rid of Wentz. Sucks for Foles but he is definitely not getting the start if he stays in Philly.
Of course not! It didn't take long for the stupid to come out.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Now graciously accepting on behalf of the Eagles and the entire city of Philadelphia: Me. :p:p

On the whole, I'm rather pleased (said Perk in a tone of studied British understatement, while demurely examining his cuticles so as to not directly embarrass the losing team or their fans.)
LOL, interesting game to say the least, I was shocked to see Peterson go for the 4th down at mid-field that was a HUGE gamble that paid off, Peterson saw his D-line was not effective at stopping the Pats so he probably felt like he needed to keep the ball away at that point. Usually Brady's pretty good at sensing the pocket collapsing and chucking it or just going down, I think he was looking downfield and didn't see it. He had great protection all night, (as did Foles) which might have made him think he had more time then he really did.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
As a Steelers fan let me congratulate Philly and thank them for protecting our Super Bowl Record. :D

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
LOL, interesting game to say the least, I was shocked to see Peterson go for the 4th down at mid-field that was a HUGE gamble that paid off . . .
Key call. Go big or go home, you know?

Still, it took guts, which took character. All season long, Pederson has believed in this team, and they in him. A true organization win, from the front office (Howie Roseman!) through the entire coaching staff and down all across the entire roster.

To borrow a line from the late, beloved in Philadelphia Mr. Richie Ashburn, "Hard to believe, Harry." :D

Reactions: evident

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I expected someone here to troll Gisele about her husband dropping an important pass in the Super Bowl. ;)

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
anyone else notice that the flag clipart on the back of Patricia's playcalling sheet had the wrong number of stars?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
And the stupid just keeps on coming. The SB really brings out the clueless.

hey i'm just going by what i saw happen when OSU won the national championship. numerous couches and chairs set on fire in the streets. and a car or two iirc.

when the cavs won it wasn't too bad except for a couple people getting shot (non-fatal). oh and the dude who ate horse poop out of the street during the victory parade.