Sun has a plane flying over Corp Dell

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Ronstang
I guess Sun is getting desparate. They will not even be in business much longer. All their good people jumped ship becuase they know Sun's days are numbered.

Where'd you get this information?

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: mugs
I guess Sun is getting desparate. They will not even be in business much longer. All their good people jumped ship becuase they know Sun's days are numbered.

From people inside the company, and they are all outside the company now. Sun is imploding.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000

I wouldn't say all their good people jumped ship, but the the future of Sun is not looking that postive.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
That's friggin hillarious. It could only be funnier if the plane was dropping flaming bags of poo with the Sun logo on them!

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Phoenix86
LOL, "our airspace" :laugh:

I know right, cause Dell has private jets flying in and out of the Round Rock TX Campus around the clock. :roll:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: cjgallen
Originally posted by: MoPHo
Originally posted by: jacob0401
shoot it down!

too bad dell doesn't make RPGs. Then all you'd have to do is format it, get all the drivers, point and shoot.

:laugh:

Oh. and call some bozo in India to help when the weapon locks up when you try to shoot it :)

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: AMCRambler
That's friggin hillarious. It could only be funnier if the plane was dropping flaming bags of poo with the Sun logo on them!

or turkeys with the sun logo on them. and a coupon, people love coupons

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004

Which is more expensive, an Apple flaming bag of poo or a Sun flaming bag of poo?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

I hear the same things, a good friend of mine is pretty high on the food chain at Sun and works at the broomfield Colorado campus. she tells me all sorts of things that are happening within sun and its not pretty.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
And it'll be just as slow as the last generation, or the generation before that.

I hate our Sun crap. Why do designers need a $15,000 workstation when we could get the same thing on x86 for 1/5 the price.

Actually, the sun servers in question are x86-64.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
I love Sun servers. They've been the best machines we've had and are rock solid.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
:thumbsup:

i used to work up there. i'd go over to the dickey's barbeque for lunch and get the free drink with dell badge. good stuff.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
There was one of those flying around Downtown Oakland today too. Didn't say "Watch Out Dell" on it, but it did mention the new 64 bit server.

manno

Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
And it'll be just as slow as the last generation, or the generation before that.

I hate our Sun crap. Why do designers need a $15,000 workstation when we could get the same thing on x86 for 1/5 the price.

that's kind of why their using opterons now.

manno

Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Yzzim
thought you meant Sun Country airlines. Was wondering what they had against Dell :confused:

That's hilarious though, definitely need pics.

No that's hillarious.

manno

Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe

Which is more expensive, an Apple flaming bag of poo or a Sun flaming bag of poo?

they cost the same, but one is better marketed, and aimed at "consumers"