Successful YAGT...

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Originally posted by: TuffGirl
I don't get why the existence of a b/f is so discouraging to guys to go after a girl to whom they're attracted. It should only be discouraging if she's in a happy long-term relationship, but that's often not the case especially among younger women. If it's short term and/or she's not content with the current boyfriend, then it should still be a green light. However I find that in a lot of these YAGTs, guys are way too scared off than they should be if they find out a girl has a b/f. Rather if you play your cards right, i.e. casually and slick, it can be done.

Cause I bet most of the "current b/f's" are much bigger and scarier than these guys.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Rather if you play your cards right, i.e. casually and slick, it can be done.

/Shakes head while clucking tongue

Predatory males are irritating to those of us with moral character, let's not encourage the behavior.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: djheater
Rather if you play your cards right, i.e. casually and slick, it can be done.

/Shakes head while clucking tongue

Predatory males are irritating to those of us with moral character, let's not encourage the behavior.

Ditto.

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
sounds good so far man...just make a move fast...maybe ask her 'out' for a date or something so she doesnt think you wanna be 'just friends'...

pukemon

Jun 16, 2000
I can't help but to think, "wouldn't it be funny if this chick actually reads the AT Off Topic Forum?"

No immediate mention of boyfriend, and still no mention after updates, and heck if she showed you a photo album with no pics of current boyfriend... generally a good sign.

BTW nothing wrong with Googling, heck I Google myself to figure out who I am, what I said, and what I'm supposed to be thinking. ;)

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
you've known her for a week.... been in her dorm room for 3 hrs and didn't HIT that yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's wrong wit the youths of today... you should be knee deep in P#*()$Y by now..

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Kaiser__Sose
you've known her for a week.... been in her dorm room for 3 hrs and didn't HIT that yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's wrong wit the youths of today... you should be knee deep in P#*()$Y by now..

Slow workers my friend slow workers :p

Koing

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Nice! Sounds like she's the one doing all the Callings from what i can read. You should call more!

Since we are on the topic....

Freshmen year of College, I met this very nice looking asian chick in my Math class and gotten to know her and stuff....funny thing is that one day she asked for my phone number and since i wasnt thinking straight i forgot to ask for hers. She thought i was not interested because i did not ask her for her number. We'll we ending up dating for a while until she had some problems with the family.

I have a pix of her if you guys are interested.

KEV1N

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2000
Regarding your updates, congratulations. Reminds me of when I was a freshman!!!

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: hdeck
and you still haven't gotten to 1st base. how is this successful?

yea... sounds like you are just studying... make sure you dont end up in the just the friends zone...

and pics!

Lichee

Jan 2, 2001
ok. i gotta say this. ive been following this since day one....and one of the guys said it already.

it looks like you are heading for the friend zone. maybe you should pick up the pace a little. if you havent asked yet, it would seem like you arent interested in her. it could throw her off a little by NOW....:confused:

you seem pretty confident in all this....so why not pop the question?

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Yeah I am trying to stay out of the "zone".. I think tomorrow will be the day that I make a move... this time she will be helping me instead of me helping her.. I am going to try my best though and avoid the dreaded friend zone.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: bubbadu
Yeah I am trying to stay out of the "zone".. I think tomorrow will be the day that I make a move... this time she will be helping me instead of me helping her.. I am going to try my best though and avoid the dreaded friend zone.

then unjinx yourself and change your thread title

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Originally posted by: bubbadu

I never take over a week to ask someone. POP THE QUESTION :)

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Girls have a very subtle way of expressing how they feel, just be on your toes and don't rush into something that might be doomed from the start. If its meant to happen it will happen, at some time or another. Don't listen to these guys telling you to ask her out now, you barely know her and she barely knows you. You have to become friends first in order to develop any sort of romantic relationship with her.

If you are strictly looking to hook up, disregard everything I have said thus far. Ask her out immediately before she gets snatched up, which looks like a good possiblity if she is as good looking as you say and single.