Stupid gun owners

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...=maing-grid7|main5|dl24|sec1_lnk2&pLid=415316

The worker and another shopper rounded a corner to discover Danielle Hayes, 29, bleeding from her hand. The pistol she kept in her purse had accidentally discharged as she was trying to keep it away from her 2-year-old son, Hayes said.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...27/Hit-run-accident-Shreveport-sparks-gunfire

Information gathered by officers suggests the driver of the Suburban, 50-year-old Philip Hashieder, exited his vehicle armed with a semi-automatic handgun and approached the driver of the Challenger who was stopped at the red light.

Witnesses told police Hashieder fired at least once at the Challenger striking the vehicle’s rear tire, as its driver, 25-year-old John Peters of Shreveport, drove away.

These idiots are the ones that give other gun owners bad names and the gun haters more ammo to pass law/rule to restrict gun ownership.

IMO, we need to have rule that you must pass common sense/behavior tests before you can own a gun/have CCW license.

Last edited:

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
I'd agree with that. But we also need common sense tests for a lot of things in all honesty.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Well if you kept guns from conservatives, it would be a start....

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...=maing-grid7|main5|dl24|sec1_lnk2&pLid=415316

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...27/Hit-run-accident-Shreveport-sparks-gunfire

These idiots are the ones that give other gun owners bad names and the gun haters more ammo to pass law/rule to restrict gun ownership.

IMO, we need to have rule that you must pass common sense/behavior tests before you can own a gun/have CCW license.

Damn Darwin missed again.

Thank you for pointing out that she is a moron. The good news is that she should have her permit taken away. Hopefully she is charged with a crime so that it is permanent.

I take safety very serious. Probably on the border of too serious. When people like this have guns it not only gives me a bad name as a gun owner, it puts lives in danger.

Charge her with every crime possible. At least one felony so she loses her right to own a gun.

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
Both firearms owners are idiots who failed... The first didn't properly secure it. With regard to the second - you can't shoot someone over a traffic accident. Hit and run or not. He'd be charged with a felony here, for sure.

Pray To Jesus

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2011
Damn Darwin missed again.

Thank you for pointing out that she is a moron. The good news is that she should have her permit taken away. Hopefully she is charged with a crime so that it is permanent.

I take safety very serious. Probably on the border of too serious. When people like this have guns it not only gives me a bad name as a gun owner, it puts lives in danger.

Charge her with every crime possible. At least one felony so she loses her right to own a gun.

Wow, you must be fucked up in the head to want a 2 year old kid to die.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
There are FAR more deaths from motor vehicles than hand-gun licensed people. If you want to start common sense testing, start it in motor vehicles first.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Kid is the only eligible candidate for Darwin Award.

no

kid gets gun, kid shoots mom

The rules for Darwin are that you are taken out of the gene pool. The fact that you have already spawned doesn't disqualify you. (does it?)

Pray To Jesus

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2011
no

kid gets gun, kid shoots mom

The rules for Darwin are that you are taken out of the gene pool. The fact that you have already spawned doesn't disqualify you. (does it?)

Yes. It does.

I am shocked to see that a lifer on AT didn't know the first rule of Darwin Awards.

Last edited:

Pray To Jesus

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2011
Main DA Rules:

1. Never reproduced.

2. Astoundingly stupid judgment.

3. Cause of one's own demise.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
There are FAR more deaths from motor vehicles than hand-gun licensed people. If you want to start common sense testing, start it in motor vehicles first.

Your post brings to mind an interesting query: If every person who owns or drives a vehicle also owned or had use of a firearm, and operated said firearm as often as they drive a vehicle, I wonder how often a shooting accident would occur? ;)

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Why is this unexpected. In a given population, there is going to be a percentage of stupid and crazy people. Giving that population guns is not going to change that, you are just going to have a percentage who are now stupid and crazy people with guns.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
The woman with the 2 year old son should have her right to own/carry a firearm permanently revoked. That firearm should have been secured in a holster on her person where the 2 year old wouldn't have access to it.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
The woman with the 2 year old son should have her right to own/carry a firearm permanently revoked. That firearm should have been secured in a holster on her person where the 2 year old wouldn't have access to it.

:thumbsup:

minimum she should be charged with child endangerment. In my state she could also have a ton of other charges thrown at her and I have no doubt our prosecutor would. Settle it with one felony so she can never own a gun again.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

left gun unsecured?
check

didn't safety check before handling?
check

pointed gun at something they didn't want to kill?
check

put finger on trigger when they didn't want the gun to go boom?
check

pulled trigger when they didn't want the gun to go boom?
check

Multiple very simple things could have prevented this. Any single one of those very basic steps would have stopped that from happening. None of them are anything beyond common sense.