Study finds Voter ID laws would reduce voting by 19-29 yo minorities by up to 700,000

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If you don't have time to get a proper ID then you probably have no business voting anyway. I don't see how someone could function in a modern society without some type of government issues photo ID. That is just the way things are now.

Yeah, if people would give up voting for a stupid reason like they dont want to get an ID then I dont care if they vote or not, and apparently neither do they.
I'm so tired of bullshit excuses as to why people cant do their civic duties.

Of course, as I've said before: If would could kick out all the illegals then I wouldnt worry too much about the issue either way.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If you don't have time to get a proper ID then you probably have no business voting anyway. I don't see how someone could function in a modern society without some type of government issues photo ID. That is just the way things are now.

Yeah, if people would give up voting for a stupid reason like they dont want to get an ID then I dont care if they vote or not, and apparently neither do they.
I'm so tired of bullshit excuses as to why people cant do their civic duties.

Of course, as I've said before: If would could kick out all the illegals then I wouldnt worry too much about the issue either way.
I agree. I think we should make a law that all people should have to carry ID on them at all times or be thrown in jail. Or over the border if they aren't white.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
What money? How much? How many? Where's you evidence? Don't just spew unsubstantiated opinions, cite facts.

I'm an example of someone fighting "common sense laws" such as this and I can assure you there's not a penny in it for me.

Why do you have so much difficulty understanding that a law that prevents 100 (or even 1000) fraudulent votes but suppresses 700,000 legitimate votes is a BAD LAW?

the money is easy to find if you take off your blinders.

The money is in Illegal aliens attempting to register and vote, to keep the party friendly to Illegal Aliens (and allowing them to maintain illegal residence and employment ) from being ousted by the party which wants to seek out and remove them.

The money is in People Registering Dead People to Vote http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...used-of-getting-id-in-dead-babys-name-655855/ so that they can keep the party friendly to unemployment and welfare benefits in power as opposed to the other party which wants to cut social programs.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Here is another hint. A right is not something that can be taken away without reason. A right is not something given to you by the state.

The constitution doesn't establish your so called "right to vote" anyways. The Voters Rights Act establishes that you cannot be denied the privilege of voting for certain reasons. It explains what the state cannot due with regards to voting but no where does it guarantee that you have that right without the act itself.

Funny, if its such a right, why does it need an act passed long after the ratification of the constitution. The act can be replaced/removed as easily as it was passed. This again explains how it isn't a right. Rights can't be taken away by the removal of a law or an act.

Wow you're dumb or blind possibly. Myself and AtomicPlayboy both pointed out how multiple Amendments to the Constitution establish voting as a right. At the very least you've clearly established that you are too stupid to try to argue with as you literally are incapable of learning.