Student murdered at Johns Hopkins

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
rose.gif

Davegod75

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
wow..i go there...grad school at night though so it's not the baltimore city campus, which is in a very bad part of town BTW

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Davegod75
wow..i go there...grad school at night though so it's not the baltimore city campus, which is in a very bad part of town BTW

If you're talking about the med campus then yes, it is in a bad part of town, but the Homewood campus isn't in a bad area at all. It's still definitely part of Baltimore, but it's far from the true slum.

Atomicus

Banned
May 20, 2004
Originally posted by: gwlam12
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Originally posted by: Amol
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Pay your tuition... or else.

this is why serious posts should not be made in OT :roll:

People die. Get over it.

Doesn't make it okay.

and moping around doesn't do much either. when its your time, its your time. better to make the best of it and go on.

Kipper

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2000
I had five two years ago at my school...

Three suicides, two accidents due to student stupidity.

timswim78

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2003
Originally posted by: WhiteKnight
Originally posted by: Davegod75

If you're talking about the med campus then yes, it is in a bad part of town, but the Homewood campus isn't in a bad area at all. It's still definitely part of Baltimore, but it's far from the true slum.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. Sure, Charles Village and Hampden are OK, but the homewood campus is only two blocks from Remington, which has very high Type I crimes.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: His Lord Uberdude
What's the world coming to?
rose.gif
:(

Nothing. Nothing has changed. People have been killing each other since the dawn of man. Things are no worse today than they ever were. School killings? Nothing new. Rape? Serial killing? Genocide? All been done before. The world isn't coming to anything that it hasn't been to a million times before.