steve the crocodile hunter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Well there are 2 different types of Crocs in Oz, the Salties & the Freshies. They are stupid names as both the Salties & the Freshies are found in both salt water & fresh water.

The Salties are the big motherfukers & are real agresive (a dead Saltie is reckoned to be more agressive than an aligator on amphetimines). Some have been known to be almost 6 metres long & they live like for ever. They range across the Indian Ocean from Pakistan to inland Australia & across the Pacific, north to almost Taiwan & east to Fiji. They have been seen swimming across oceans hundred of miles out from the continental shelf. The name 'Estruine Crocadile' is much more accurate.

The Freshies are smaller & real skinny & are more or less harmless. I'd say Steve must have been biten by a Freshie (if he was biten by a Saltie, Steve would right now be fermenting in the Croc's gut - they have real slow metabolisms, so slow in fact that after a nice diet of Water Buffalo they can go a year before they need to eat another Water Buffalo), they range across Central & Northern Australia & New Guinea. The name 'Johnson's River Crocadile' is much more accurate.

Both species are now protected (they were almost wiped out from hunting, however these days hunting of native animals is banned in Australia, except for when culling is needed because a native animal has plagued up because of man made changes to the enviroment, otherwise, if you want to humt in Oz, one must hunt feralised domestic animals). They are extensively farmed, particully the Freshies as they make better handbags & boots.

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000
I love Steve...my wife HATES him. I dated a woman from OZ who lived just down the street from him and she said she cringed everytime he came on TV. Thought he was an absolute embarrasment.

Dee67

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2000
"...the most poisonous snake in the world.. isn't she GORGEOUS.. good thing I had me best mate Wes with me.."

Wish I had 1/5th of his energy..

I really like the crazed look he gets in his eyes when he gets excited talking about stuff..

Hecubus2000

Dec 1, 2000
He's the man. Wish there were more people in the world like him
Teaching people how to respect the wildlife and environment.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< Teaching people how to respect the wildlife and environment. >>

By picking up the wildlife and dangling it in front of a camera? By charging crocs with a lawnmower? By having a group session with a bunch of marine igaunas? :)

Cable God

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000

<< By charging crocs with a lawnmower >>

That's fudging it a bit. If you were a croc, wouldn't you want the grass around your house to be cut? The CROC (aggro) charges the lawnmower.... and steve is running for dear life :) It is hilarious to me...

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
I live in the US, and remember a guy I used to work with...Who's from Australia.

He'd tell us stories of his outback skirmishes hunting Razorback boars. Stories of how dangerous they were and the close calls he's had. Damned exciting stuff!

Then I tune in to Steve one night, he's in a Helicopter circling a pack of Razorbacks. Talking the usual Irwin talk of &quot;Look at those Beeeeooooties&quot;. next thing you see is the FRIGGIN CRAZY BASTARD dives out right in the middle of the pack and jumps one of them!!!

First attempt failed, so he takes ANOTHER DIVE and grabs a female by the hind leg. He drags her down and jumps on top of her! While he's on top of her, the guy starts telling you about the species. All while the Razorback is flailing to get away and trying to gore him at the same time!

The man has Cannonballs for testicles and probably has venom for blood from all the bites he's had.

Svperstarr

Banned
Jan 29, 2001
the black headed cobra is one of the most deadly snakes in the world, one bite from her and i'm a gonnar... let's take a closer look shall we? Ain't she a beaut?

that guy is a mad man... You guys seen the Saturday Night Live skits with him??? Freaking HILARIOUS!

Being stabbed by an african militant with a gun was the most exciting time OF MY LIFE!!!

haha