stephen colbert pwns glenn beck

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: sandorski
What a fuckin Nutjob. I wish Fox News would just cut to the chase and start Airing English Dubbed versions of Hitler speeches. Seriously, how the hell are they to be taken seriously anymore?

Okay. I'm all for putting Beck out to pasture.
But seriously I hate it when people overuse Hitler or Nazi. It's kind of what Beck would do.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: foghorn67
What a fuckin Nutjob. I wish Fox News would just cut to the chase and start Airing English Dubbed versions of Hitler speeches. Seriously, how the hell are they to be taken seriously anymore?

But seriously I hate it when people overuse Hitler or Nazi. It's kind of what Beck would do.

Quacks like a Hitler, gets compared to a Hitler.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: kage69
Yeah that was hilarious, I wasn't aware Beck had slipped that far into whatever affliction he has. He's even driven off my dad, who used to be a huge Beck fan. Now he wonders aloud how long Glenn has been hitting the crack pipe!

But.. but.. he loves this country *sniff* sooooo much! *boohoo* *sniff*

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Sheik Yerbouti
Originally posted by: Triumph
A "journalist" who cries on the air. Methinks Beck is more suitable for the daytime talk show circuit, maybe a slot right before the Tyra Banks show?

Nah, he's a shoe in for the next jimmy swaggart or some other like minded shit licker.

Jimmy Swaggart is exactly who I thought of too.

The sad thing isn't that people like Beck exist, it's that there are so many morons out there willing to hang on their every word.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: nkgreen
Originally posted by: jman19
Wow... Beck is a douchebag.

Sorry Captain Obvious, the failboat has already left the port. :p

I wasn't making the statement as if it was news or anything... just heaping another insult on top of the pile :D

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005

godwins law ftl

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I don't why you guys insist on lumping Beck in with in the likes of Mark Levin or Rush.

The few times I've seen Beck he strikes as some guy freaking out about inflation brought about by too much government spending. He reminds me much more of some Ron Paul types.

Beck doesn't strike me somebody who follows political policy etc. I think he's more a populist like O'Rielly, but with some excessive fear of a depreciated dollar and high inflation (instead of the Catholic/social issue agends). I do see him similar to Rush in that they are on the air for 'entertainment value' instead of serious policy discussions.

Fern

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: evident

godwins law ftl

Screw Godwin.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
lmao Colbert is always good. The fact that Chuck Norris actually had something to do with this adds that extra oompf pushing this into epic territory.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Fringe libertarian nutjob. Used to be on coke and seems to be all sorts of stupid genetically.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
the problem is that people actually listen and believe douchbags like Obama

Can you summarize that long list spporting your attack? Too much logic to read.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: racolvin
Hmm ... douchebags like Beck, Rush, Olberman, and any number of others in regional markets all have followers and I never understood that. I've listened to all of them and rotate between several, just to hear some of it but damned if I can find even one of them that's reasonable, fair, and open minded.

Listen to Thom Hartmann's show (it's archived on the web), and post about that (with examples for your conclusions, preferably). Also try John Rothmann on KGO Radio.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
:music:cocaína, cocaína, cocaína:music:

:music:cocaína, cocaína, cocaína:music:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Beck's performance is indicative and quite representative of the condition the repub party is in at the moment.

I'm sure Beck was laughing his ass off as he reviewed his own performance. Well, at least I hope he was. I mean, how can anyone think that all of that came right from his heart? It's as if Murdock himself forced Beck to do that little skit to purposely make an ass out of Beck.

And if Beck really was sincere, then I'm sure there's some Clinic somewhere that can treat his condition. And if the majority of the repub party got goose bumps, a lump in their throats and wistful tears in their eyes from watching Beck's "performance", then I hope there's some kind of cure for them too.

I mean it was hilarious to watch Beck's awful performance. And even funnnier to watch Colbert take it apart.

Can you just imagine what Siskel and Ebert would say about Beck's pitiful flag-waving atttempt at high drama?

I hope Beck gets some kind of citation for that display. I hope he really gets what he deserves.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
wow. i didn't realize glenn beck was this much of a nutjob

Oh ya... I remember about a month before the election, when Obama started to pull away in the polls he was on hte air insisting, promising us that if Obama is elected, he will enslave us all. LOL I swear to god he said that, several times. Total nutjob

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

godwins law ftl

Screw Godwin.

You fail.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MotF Bane

godwins law ftl

Screw Godwin.

You fail.

nah, Beck and Fox News is fail.