Stay classy Mississippi, and stay burning

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Umm, ok? I'm guessing that you think that you made some kind of point with that?

You were citing FBI reports on hate crimes in response to posts doubting the sudden rise of hate crimes, in response to Trump's victory. Did you not realize that the FBI data contains all reports, not just ones followed up on and determined to be actual hate crimes?

Nov 25, 2013
You were citing FBI reports on hate crimes in response to posts doubting the sudden rise of hate crimes, in response to Trump's victory. Did you not realize that the FBI data contains all reports, not just ones followed up on and determined to be actual hate crimes?

Better get in touch with the FBI and tell them that they don't know what they are doing and that their sources are all wrong.

And yes, I was citing the FBI just as I am citing the local police chief and state fire marshal in this particular case rather than simply making up shit in my imagination.

"today, the Bureau released its latest Hate Crime Statistics report—this one containing data for 2015—that includes information detailing the offenses, victims, offenders, and locations of hate crimes. The 2015 collection marks the 25th anniversary of the Bureau’s work to compile data about bias-motivated crimes, which began in 1990.

This year’s report, which contains data from 14,997 law enforcement agencies, reveals 5,850 criminal incidents and 6,885 related offenses that were motivated by bias against race, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender, and gender identity."

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2015-hate-crime-statistics-released

Here's the report. Feel free to show us all the mistakes.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2015

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Trump was president in 2015?

Man. Even the OP bailed on this flaming trainwreck. Vic gray just keeps digging a deeper hole.

Reactions: x26

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
The 5818 hate crimes of 2015 that you referred to in the other thread were collected and defined as such...

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2015/topic-pages/incidentsandoffenses_final

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2015/tables-and-data-declarations/1tabledatadecpdf

The Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program collects data about both single-bias and multiple-bias hate crimes. For each offense type reported, law enforcement must indicate at least one bias motivation. A single-bias incident is defined as an incident in which one or more offense types are motivated by the same bias. As of 2013, a multiple-bias incident is defined as an incident in which one or more offense types are motivated by two or more biases.

2 The term known offender does not imply that the identity of the suspect is known, but only that an attribute of the suspect has been identified, which distinguishes him/her from an unknown offender.

In other words, as long as one potential motive is visible, and as long as someone reports an attribute of an offender, the FBI doesn't need to know specifically who committed a crime. They just need a law enforcement agency willing to believe a purported victim's claim, and one possible motive.

Nov 25, 2013
The 5818 hate crimes of 2015 that you referred to in the other thread were collected and defined as such...

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2015/topic-pages/incidentsandoffenses_final

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2015/tables-and-data-declarations/1tabledatadecpdf

In other words, as long as one potential motive is visible, and as long as someone reports an attribute of an offender, the FBI doesn't need to know specifically who committed a crime. They just need a law enforcement agency willing to believe a purported victim's claim, and one possible motive.

As I said, if you have issues with their report, take it up with them. I'm sure that they will be only to happy to have the benefit of your expertise in revamping their information collection procedures.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
As I said, if you have issues with their report, take it up with them. I'm sure that they will be only to happy to have the benefit of your expertise in revamping their information collection procedures.

I don't have issues with their report, I have issues with your flagrant lack of integrity. You make a big deal about unverified hate crime reports when they seem to be committed by pro-Trump/anti-black people, but when stories are revealed to be hoaxes, you suddenly raise your standards of what constitutes a politically-motivated crime.

Nov 25, 2013
I don't have issues with their report, I have issues with your flagrant lack of integrity. You make a big deal about unverified hate crime reports when they seem to be committed by pro-Trump/anti-black people, but when stories are revealed to be hoaxes, you suddenly raise your standards of what constitutes a politically-motivated crime.

mmmm, nice high dudgeon you've got building there. When you want to discuss stuff that I actually say/do/believe feel free to let me know. Until then, continue to have fun playing with yourself.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Many of those hate crimes are things like ambiguous letters/vague threats being mailed, and further they are reports, not convictions. The story in the OP, as well as other stories like the Muslim woman that claimed three white men ripped off her hijab, were widely publicized in mainstream media before they were revealed to be hoaxes.

She was a Republican that specifically claimed the someone carved a B into her forehead as representation of "Barack". It was blatantly political. So is a black church being burned and spraypainted to say "Vote Trump". You and Sheik lack even a shred of honesty.

EDIT: Did you even read my earlier post? Whether or not faking a hate crime should be considered a hate crime itself, your own admission ("Reasonably we can think that it was to spark anti Trump anger") clearly demonstrates that it was political in motive, which was my point with regards to Victorian Grey and the fire chief.

My point with the B girl was to show how claims do not represent reality. Just because a guy puts vote Trump does not mean its political. He could have done it for other reasons and thought people would be mislead. How am I being dishonest?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Actually, it's more a thread where your liberal teammates were all proven wrong when they jumped right in head first when the story broke

No, I think what it reveals about the conservative brain is quite a bit more damning given the factual stats, which is why they were rather desperate to say anything to detract from the reality that they're useful tools for the Bannon types.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Many of those hate crimes are things like ambiguous letters/vague threats being mailed, and further they are reports, not convictions. The story in the OP, as well as other stories like the Muslim woman that claimed three white men ripped off her hijab, were widely publicized in mainstream media before they were revealed to be hoaxes.

Sure, sort of like how the alt-right red pillers believes a few fake rape reports means men are the real victims.

Surely you understand what's being said here even if you don't like what it implies.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Sure, sort of like how the alt-right red pillers believes a few fake rape reports means men are the real victims.

Surely you understand what's being said here even if you don't like what it implies.

Do you feel better about the shit sandwich life dealt you by posting this kind of hate filled shit? You got a raw deal, but this isn't the answer.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Do you feel better about the shit sandwich life dealt you by posting this kind of hate filled shit? You got a raw deal, but this isn't the answer.

This is how these people feel about factual observation; rather figures why they hate education/science.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
This is how these people feel about factual observation; rather figures why they hate education/science.

And you have what? A fucking GED IIRC. Or a couple of credits from a Jr college?

Fuck off idiot. You're more white trash than most Trump voters.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Rather hilarious when the lowest common denominator thinks everyone else is on their level.

Yep, for all the world, how long has it been since you earned a real check, buddy? You and several others here should be fucking thanking the people carrying your water, you lazy POS.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
You should try actually following the discussion.
That would be the one with you desperately spinning that setting fire to a church and scrawling a politician's name on it in effort to make it seem like his supporters burned a church... isn't a politically motivated action!? Because some bunch of hacks told you water wasn't wet...

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Yep, for all the world, how long has it been since you earned a real check, buddy? You and several others here should be fucking thanking the people carrying your water, you lazy POS.

No, it's rather the rural sorts you relate to who live on blue area largess. As you perfectly demonstrate, they are quite the ingrates who only deserve to be cut off.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
My point with the B girl was to show how claims do not represent reality. Just because a guy puts vote Trump does not mean its political. He could have done it for other reasons and thought people would be mislead. How am I being dishonest?

What makes you say that the B girl wasn't politically motivated? I can't find anything saying it wasn't. Apparently she actually had prior history of faking victimhood as well, as a Paulbot.

Are there good figures out there demonstrating that hate crime reports are mostly (let's say at least 90%) legit? As far as I know, no one has done a comprehensive study trying to record the number of hoaxes, and the crime of committing a hoax is usually labeled as "filing a false police report" or similar, without any hate crime context. I see no reason not to believe that a significant number of claimed hate crimes are hoaxes.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Just maybe....

He was serious about voting for Trump, as in, "we're gonna to burn this motherfucker down, and I'm starting tonight!"

Maybe we're being unfair thinking that just because Trump is a racist, no black people would vote for him. He got Carson and Kanye right? Gotta be a couple more.

In fact, this guy deserves credit. Most Trump voters just want to burn other people's shit down. He's willing to burn his shit too. Gangsta.

0_O'

Nov 25, 2013

aw

king-arms-trigger-for-m4-series-ka-m4-10-for-airsoft-gun.jpg

here ya go

clip-art-of-pink-and-blue-baby-safety-pin-diaper-pins-H6zGBD-clipart.jpg

Nov 25, 2013
That would be the one with you desperately spinning that setting fire to a church and scrawling a politician's name on it in effort to make it seem like his supporters burned a church... isn't a politically motivated action!? Because some bunch of hacks told you water wasn't wet...

I've passed on the information that the local police chief and the state fire marshal have both stated that there doesn't appear to be a political motive for the arson. If you have issues with their statements and their investigation perhaps you should get in touch with them.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
LMAO!!!! Burn a church and spray paint "Vote Trump" on the side of the building and it not be politically motivated is a massive stretch. No doubt it was done to make the police think it was done by a Trump supporter/s which could affect his bid for President.

Just like Fort Hood was workplace violence, or Benghazi was a video protest.
You want fake news, look left.

Reactions: Zaap
Nov 25, 2013
Just like Fort Hood was workplace violence, or Benghazi was a video protest.
You want fake news, look left.

Is it "fake news" when both the local police chief and the state fire marshal have stated on the record that it does not appear to have been politically motivated? Are they part of some 'left wing' conspiracy perhaps?