Star Wars: Rebels

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Tarkin said that he needed to use the rebels as an object lesson for the public. That's why he wanted them alive if possible. He was thinking strategically not logistically.

And Thrawn knew that the shield was ready to collapse. He said something that indicated he realized that they couldn't last much longer. Can't remember exactly what though.

Bendu was definitely out of character. But I think it shows that no matter how much effort you put into changing yourself, aspects of your original personality remain. He reminds me of Ezra in that respect. He has learned so much about self-control and how to use the force but deep down he's always going to be swayed by his emotions. It's a constant battle to keep that part of his personality under control.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Guessing this season is going to be all about the Mandies which probably means Boba Fett. My only problem is there's only one guy with a Mandy helmet I sorely would like to see make an appearance and his name ain't Fett.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I wonder if Disney has any other animated series based on SW. It's hard to imagine that they wouldn't.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
One of the threads about rebels I read said there was already casting being performed for the next one.

Reactions: Charmonium

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
SW Rebels was flawed from the start. I honestly hope it gets cancelled. It feels more like a chore than something genuinely interesting. THey need to reimagine it. It should be more stylized, more like Rebel One.

But it occasionally has good moments. The Obi Wan/Maul fight was fantastic. That is how all light saber fights should be. Quick and brutal, over in a moment. More like samurai and less like twirling.

But the rest was a yawn. Anything not Jedi is worthless on this show.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Meh. It's watered down compared to Clone Wars. The show peaked with Season 2 and it's been jumping the shark ever since.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Oh look..... there goes Hera losing the whole fleet again. Ive really liked the first half of this season, though.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Oh look..... there goes Hera losing the whole fleet again. Ive really liked the first half of this season, though.
Well until ANH, the rebel alliance got its ass kicked pretty routinely. So Hera can't be too successful here, as it would be a pretty major violation of canon.

But yeah, this season has been good. It's essentially all of the good episodes/aspects of Rebels distilled into a single season. Which is to say, the show has cut down on cringey comedy and unimportant "stop Imperial plan Z" episodes.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
give me a break on Hera being a master in hand to hand and being slightly better than the assassin.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I need to finish up with last season. That's right after Altered Carbon. I need to make time for quality tv viewing.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
i saved all the eps from the go and haven't started it yet. mightt as well binge now then

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
And that's a wrap. Probably the best hour of Rebels in the whole series, save for Ahsoka's duel with Vader.

So I take it that Sabine is Force Sensitive if she's keeping Ezra's lightsaber and is being trained by Ahsoka? That would make sense given the earlier episodes in which Kanan schooled her in saber combat.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Having Ahsoka around post EP6 is interesting. What is her relationship with Luke Skywalker? He is her master's son... is she going to teach him anything.. or ignore him? So many possibilities..... I loves the last episode and this whole last season really. The little epilogue was awesome, so many possibilites... but wtf..... Hera's kid looks a lot younger than it should be if it was Kanan's

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
It seems strange Ahsoka did not take over Luke's training after Episode 4 if she was alive all that time. If nothing else training along side her while they both fought for the rebels would have been a consolation prize to leaving Yoda's teachings prematurely.

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
As to Hera's kid, who knows how long the gestation period is for Twi'lex...? ;)

Last episode had Chopper in the credits as voiced by Dave Filoni (supervising director on Rebels and Clone Wars) himself. It always listed Chopper as voiced by "himself" in the credits before. Neat.

Edit: Not a fan of the space whale ex machina, but the epilogue was nice. Also, really appreciated all of the call back voices they used 2 episodes ago when Ezra was in the timeless space. The whole Mortis - Father, Daughter, Son thing has seemed "out-of-place" to me since Clone Wars, but at least they kept with the continuity.

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
As to Hera's kid, who knows how long the gestation period is for Twi'lex...? ;)
I don't know, but it just goes to show that one kiss on the lips is all it takes to make a baby. Thanks for the life lessons, Disney!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Meh.. crazy plan luring the governor to their base.
If it was the plan, why were they so surprised by the imperial attack?

Deus ex machina indeed.
Space whales and wolves are impervious to lasers.

Yeah, asoka being alive past eps vi ...
Would have been better continuality if she died before eps iv.