Star Wars: Rebels

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
i dont think ezra told many people about the plan to lure the governor, at least, thats what im telling myself.

And it is Star Wars, every episode is deux ex machina

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yeah, asoka being alive past eps vi ...
Would have been better continuality if she died before eps iv.

I hope they find a medium to continue to tell the story of where Ezra and Thrawn went. Asoka makes sense if that journey covers a great distance... and involves expanding the greater Star Wars universe with things we've not yet seen. Snoke may even be involved.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I was depressed by the show's endings. Losing both Jedi (ish) was sad. I do think they made sure to take Thrawn out so people would stop talk about him running the empire after the emperor was killed. If that happened then the "First Order" wouldn't have ever been a thing.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I was depressed by the show's endings. Losing both Jedi (ish) was sad. I do think they made sure to take Thrawn out so people would stop talk about him running the empire after the emperor was killed. If that happened then the "First Order" wouldn't have ever been a thing.
If you have read the good books then you know what happened with Thrawn.

Granted everything that happened in these series has nothing with the original storyline really not to mention the entire "first order" events so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
If you have read the good books then you know what happened with Thrawn.

Granted everything that happened in these series has nothing with the original storyline really not to mention the entire "first order" events so it doesn't matter.

I remember they said anything that wasn't part of the movies were thrown out, which would have included Thrawn. I'm glad he got at least some screen time as he really was all that and then some. I personally wish they had used him instead of emperor Jr. that was the First Order's 'leader'.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Next up will be Star Wars Resistance.
That implies that the show will take place in the period between ROTJ and Force Awakens.
Expect Thrawn to be a major player in that show as well as finding out what happens to Ezra, Ashoka and Sabine.
Will probably see what happened to Luke and the Jedi academy as well as the rise of Snoke.

Probably will air March 2019 to capitalize on the marketing around Episode 9

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
While there are things I wish they would have done a bit differently, overall that was a satisfying end to the series. They managed to sufficiently get rid of the Jedi to keep the movies intact, explain where the heck everyone else was, and they did Thrawn justice by having him defeated without being the fool (as so many Imperials were).

The flip side is that an "and the adventure continues" is kind of annoying in that it's non-definitive; the characters all had proper arcs, but they don't all have proper conclusions. So now we've got 2 quasi-Jedis and a Mando artist running around the universe as what's presumably a hook for a future series. It's a bit of an open cliffhanger, and those rarely end well.

Overall season 4 was fantastic, to the point that I don't feel there's a single bad episode in the whole run. Which is all the more impressive considering the relatively modest budget compared to The Clone Wars and its pet-project funding. Which goes to show that you don't need a massive budget if you have good writers and a showrunner with a strong vision.

I do wish they had managed to find their feet a bit sooner though. A strong season 1 is unrealistic, but if they had picked up like this in season 2, I believe the show would have ended up more popular than it was.

(And Rex is Nik Sant. No one is going to convince me otherwise!)

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
While there are things I wish they would have done a bit differently, overall that was a satisfying end to the series. They managed to sufficiently get rid of the Jedi to keep the movies intact, explain where the heck everyone else was, and they did Thrawn justice by having him defeated without being the fool (as so many Imperials were).

The flip side is that an "and the adventure continues" is kind of annoying in that it's non-definitive; the characters all had proper arcs, but they don't all have proper conclusions. So now we've got 2 quasi-Jedis and a Mando artist running around the universe as what's presumably a hook for a future series. It's a bit of an open cliffhanger, and those rarely end well.

Overall season 4 was fantastic, to the point that I don't feel there's a single bad episode in the whole run. Which is all the more impressive considering the relatively modest budget compared to The Clone Wars and its pet-project funding. Which goes to show that you don't need a massive budget if you have good writers and a showrunner with a strong vision.

I do wish they had managed to find their feet a bit sooner though. A strong season 1 is unrealistic, but if they had picked up like this in season 2, I believe the show would have ended up more popular than it was.

(And Rex is Nik Sant. No one is going to convince me otherwise!)
He is, as confirmed by the show creators. You'll notice that in the final episode it says that Rex even fought in the Battle of Endor. And also I think in the episode before that Rex is wearing similar gear.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
He is, as confirmed by the show creators. You'll notice that in the final episode it says that Rex even fought in the Battle of Endor. And also I think in the episode before that Rex is wearing similar gear.
Strongly implied, but yet not confirmed.:(