Star Citizen: Chris Robert`s new space sim (the Wing Commander guy)

Page 270 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Super Hornet is on sale. There are also some discounts. Even for upgrades to Super Hornet ($10 discount in this case).

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Super Hornet is on sale. There are also some discounts. Even for upgrades to Super Hornet ($10 discount in this case).

This sale has brought with it a sh*tstorm of criticism on the CIG forums due the fact that you can now purchase a SH for a lower price than original backers could. I don't own an SH, but I do find myself a bit disappointed in CIG for going back on their "early backers get the biggest discount" pledge.

I also find the timing of this sale really strange. We're just two weeks away from the annual Anniversary Sale. Why didn't CIG just wait?

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15587-Monthly-Studio-Report

October studio report is a good read (as always).

Few tidbits I found interesting:

Shopping kiosks are still in design phase, so zero chance of seeing those in 2.6
Aquila looks amazing to me

And the final sentence: "In two weeks, we will be kicking off our yearly Star Citizen Anniversary Livestream, which celebrates the end of the original Star Citizen crowd funding campaign. The event is going to focus heavily on our ship pipeline, and there will be plenty to see."

Sounds like the Anniversary Livestream is all about selling more ships....

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
The event is going to focus heavily on our ship pipeline, and there will be plenty to see."

Sounds like the Anniversary Livestream is all about selling more ships....

I don't get that from it. A lot of backers have ships that are coming out of concept and into production (Carrack, BMM, etc) as well as ships we know they've been working on since last year (Crucible). I'm sure there's lots to show that we haven't seen yet. They have a habit of saving the really sought after information for these large events.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
This Sunday I made a much better, but still improvised setup.

Until now I had each joystick on a footstool, one on each side on my armchair. The joysticks could easily move and rotate (the whole joystick, including the base) on those soft surfaces. Also, the joysticks were in a slightly too low position on those footstools, with the armchair armrests in the way.

I made some temporary joystick mounts attached to the armrests of my old armchair. And then secured each joystick on his mount, with cable ties (on T.16000M I also put some double-sided adhesive tape on its rubber feet; Logitech Extreme 3D Pro has those four big eyelets on the base corners - very useful for securing it in place).

The joysticks do not move at all on their mounts. The mounts are securely clamped to the armrests and also do not move. Only the armrests themselves move a little (left-right), if forced. The difference in control (especially during ship combat) is quite noticeable.

Reactions: TechBoyJK

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
That's exactly why I locked my two t16km's down to a plank with rubber stoppers. Having the sticks move around.. one more than the other.. made it difficult to keep the orientation straight. After an intense dogfight my sticks would be turned sideways lol

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
When do you think 3.0 will release?

50% chance December, 50% chance January. Disregard their accounts if you will, but the gaming press saw it in action and interactive, so not staged. CIG delivered 2.0 after announcing it at Citcon last year, so I don't see why they won't be able to deliver here.

Still feeling good about this prediction? 2.6 hasn't released yet correct?

Commandos!!! Get a refund.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Still feeling good about this prediction? 2.6 hasn't released yet correct?

Commandos!!! Get a refund.

As usual since you don't actually follow along, just cast stones with no merit, you don't know what CIG has said about 2.6

Yes, we're still feeling good. No, I don't want a refund. Why would I want a refund?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
As usual since you don't actually follow along, just cast stones with no merit, you don't know what CIG has said about 2.6

Yes, we're still feeling good. No, I don't want a refund. Why would I want a refund?

I asked if he still felt good about a december or january release of 3.0

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Yes, and that's what I responded to. Honest question. Are you an alcoholic?

You still feel good about a December/January release of 3.0? Cool. I have you in the books with that as well.

Honest question. Are you autistic?

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Oh and don't answer for people it makes you seem cultish.
Considering that you dont' have an interest in the game, and you're still here trolling, I think saying it's cultish is a bit rich on your part.

Anywho. I'll let the man answer.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
oh I have an interest. My $40 paid in october of 2012 or whatever. I was excited for a modern privateer. Oh well. Since then, aside from the small amount of time I tried to warn people about the dangers of giving these people unlimited money and then realizing how shitty the citizen fan base actually is, I've taken to just relaxing and watching the fun.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Considering that you dont' have an interest in the game, and you're still here trolling, I think saying it's cultish is a bit rich on your part.

Anywho. I'll let the man answer.

can you find the moral fortitude deep inside to not use the report button every time i say something you dont like?