Star Citizen: Chris Robert`s new space sim (the Wing Commander guy)

Page 279 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
Wouldn't they explode (instead of move)?

They should, I didn't have any luck, I just happened to notice the nade moved around.

Also, latest PTU patch has fixed my 3000 d/c errors, and the player respawn hitching seems to have been fixed. Soon™

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Yeah...lots of posts on the forums that this build (n?) is more stable.

Here's what will happen (happened with 2.5). After work, I'm going to go home and dl the PTU. It'll take me about 3 hours. At 2 hrs, 45 minutes, they'll drop a live build. :)

Reactions: SLU Aequitas

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
CIG just deployed 2.6o....a live build candidate. Looks like 2.6 live could happen tonight.

Edit: Happy Festivus everyone.

Last edited:

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
After some brief stops at Aurora CL and Reliant Kore (neither are worth the trouble), I now have a LTI Cutlass Black (but for now I melted the Dragonfly for this upgrade) in place of that temporary Mustang Beta. $100 ship with $80 melt value (because I used some discount coupons for it). This month I also took advantage of the huge GBP discount (practically it is as if I do not pay VAT if I pay in GBP instead of EUR or USD).

As a bonus, I also got the VFG Industrial hangar (and access to all hangars since the Industrial hangar is the most expensive one). At this point it is not clear if we will keep the upgraded hangar in these cases (upgrading is supposed to only change the ship, not the rest of the package content).
I applied other upgrades and now I have:
  • Non-LTI Aurora LN - the ship from my game package. Melt value $45. Package value $45 (without VAT).
  • LTI Cutlass Black (upgraded from an LTI Argo Cargo). Melt value $80. Ship value $100.
  • LTI 300i (upgraded from an LTI Dragonfly). Melt value $50. Ship value $55.
And still have $5 left in Store Credits.

Aurora LN can be upgraded at no cost ($0 CCU) to either Dragonfly or Argo Cargo (but in may case there is no point to upgrade to Argo Cargo, since I do not have any Capital Ship). Or, using those $5 in Store Credits, I can upgrade it to Mustang Beta (or Argo Personnel).

Cutlass Black can be changed at no cost into an M50. Upgrading it further than that would require at least an extra $5 (using the $5 I have in Store Credits). I will only decide on this after the re-designed Cutlass Black will be introduced in game (in 3.0 maybe).

300i can be upgraded at no cost ($0 CCU) to Mustang Gamma. Or, using those $5 in Store Credits, I can upgrade it to either Avenger Stalker or to Hull A.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Finally got 2.6 downloaded late last night. Played around in the Aeroview hangar a bit and then one match in Star Marine. Everything looks very different. Hard to describe....more smoothed and less crisp?

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005

I see that attributed to my account. Call me shocked. In 2014 they attributed a Christmas wreath to everyone and put it in all hangars. It was called the 2014 Christmas reward. And the forums erupted. Non-Christians were outraged. How dare CIG celebrate Christmas and make us celebrate it too! Shortly after the wreath disappeared and was never seen again. There was no 2015 Christmas reward and despite numerous threads (including one of mine) asking for the wreath's return, CIG did nothing.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
There was no 2015 Christmas reward and despite numerous threads (including one of mine) asking for the wreath's return, CIG did nothing.

Umm, I had a wreath in my hangar last year. It was above the large double doors in my aeroview hangar. It's even still attributed to my account.

w8ucNtT.jpg

Or did I miss the sarcasm?

Edit: Sorry for the huge image. Phone screen capture.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
No sarcasm. That's really bizarre because.....I have that same exact wreath attributed to my account on December 21, 2014 (I would post a pic but I don't know how). It was in my Self-Land until mid-January 2015. And then it disappeared and numerous people (not just me) asked for it's return in 2015....with no luck (I searched every inch of the Self Land and Aeroview....those were the only two hangars I had access to).

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
I only have the '14 Wreath but I wonder if its tied to when you pledged?

Say anyone who pledged before Christmas '14 got their Wreath then and those who pledged after got a Wreath whenever the next Christmas rolled around,

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I only have the '14 Wreath but I wonder if its tied to when you pledged?

Say anyone who pledged before Christmas '14 got their Wreath then and those who pledged after got a Wreath whenever the next Christmas rolled around,

Must be something like that.....thanks for confirming I'm not insane!

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Anyone has a Hull A?

I want to know what is the PU (Crusader) loaner ship for it.

It is listed to be a Constellation Andromeda, but after researching this matter, it looks like that information is wrong. Some say you get a F7C Hornet as a loaner for Hull A. But maybe is a Aurora CL or something like this.

If you get a Constellation (or even just a Hornet) - including for PU, not just for AC - as a loaner for Hull A, I'll upgrade my 300i to Hull A.

300i is broken right now, can not be used at all (left side thrusters are very weak). They broke it sometime in the last patches before 2.6 went live.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
I went ahead and upgraded my LTI 300i to a LTI Hull A.

I got not one, but two loaner ships for it: Constellation Andromeda and F7C Hornet.

And what is even better is that both loaner ships are usable not only in Arena Commander (with the 2.6 AC restrictions for Constellation), but I can also use both in PU/Crusader (this is the aspect in which I was interested the most, since for Arena Commander I can rent ships). Nice!

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
What restrictions have they placed on the Constellation in AC? I was surprised in the PTU you could fly it but I didn't notice any restriction on it.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Why were you surprised that I can use Constellation in PU? That is the purpose of a loaner ship.

Hornet is usually given as a second loaner in order to also have a ship usable in Arena Commander. I was surprised that I got both these ships as loaners for a $60 ship (but do not complain about this :) ), but even more by the fact that I can also use the Hornet in PU.

From 2.6.0 patch notes:

The majority of ships are unlocked for use in Arena Commander private and single player matches, including the Constellation, Retaliator and Caterpillar.

I tested an I can select Constellation Andromeda in all Singleplayer modes (former Drone Sim), in all Private Match modes, but from Multiplayer modes (former Spectrum Match) Constellation is only selectable in Free Flight. I did not start all these modes with Constellation, just Free Flight in Singleplayer.

I also flown today both Constellation Andromeda and F7C Hornet in PU/Crusader.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ah, thanks. Makes sense until they're ready for it in AC combat. No reason we can't fly it in free flight or swarms.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Just played a Vanduul Swarm match with Constellation Andromeda (singleplayer mode). Up to the final wave, it was the easiest Vanduul Swarm I ever played. The final wave was much tougher in Constellation than in a faster ship and I used my StrikeForce II CS missiles by then (it was so easy until then, so I kind of wasted the missiles; I could have used the weapons instead). The Marksman I IR missiles are not very good (in Vanduul Swarm at least). And when the ship is damaged, even the missiles do not work (I still had some). The Elite Vanduul ships in the last wave attacked from close range (Constellation is a very slow ship now, so you can't evade the Vanduul) and I could not turn fast enough to destroy them with the weapons, before they disabled my weapons and then my ship. Next time I'll stay close to the map edge in the last wave and keep my CS missiles.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
I finished Vanduul Swarm (singleplayer) with Constellation Andromeda (both deaths were in the last wave):

qcGx9AG.jpg

It would me much easier with a mouse, because gimbals are considerably quicker than rotation rates of Constellation Andromeda.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
Picked up a couple CCUs to keep my options open. Phoenix to Reclaimer and Phoenix to Endeavor. Couldn't pick up CCUs back because you can't CCU to a Phoenix.

Edit: Added Hull D and Crucible. I want to believe in the Phoenix, but I have my doubts they can make it worth its cost of admission. They've been nerfing the hell out of the Andromeda, so it makes me wonder what their end goal there is.

Last edited:

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Make sure to also get all other $0 CCU combinations between those seven $350 ships (Crucible, Hull D, Constellation Phoenix, Reclaimer, Carrack, Endeavor, Glaive), not only with Phoenix as a starting ship.

Yes, even from Glaive to all other $350 ships, you never know if they change their minds and enable upgrades to Glaive and you might want to upgrade back at one point.

And get more than one of each, just in case. It does not cost anything now, so why not?

I have hundreds of $0 CCUs in my account. Even for ships that at this time I think I would never want.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
Already have the Carrack and I have no interest in the Glaive. A few between the others might not be a bad idea.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
More messing around in the Director Mode. I've mostly been revamping my keybinds, but it's hard to resist with the new graphics.

QlzJ2uX.jpg

ZbPxakF.jpg

Reactions: saj0r