stalker clear sky vsync? **solved**

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
for the life of me I can't figure out how to get some vsync enabled using the 10.1 code path. Has anyone?

** rivatuner, d3doverrider has a force vsync option that fixed my problem**

Last edited:

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
I thought there was simply a option in the advance graphics menu?

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
there is but it doesn't do anything. I've tried forcing it in the ccc, console commands and in the game settings with no luck

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
well, I'm not saying that stuff is unplayable. I'm sensitive to microstutter, always have been. I've noticed it with all my sli setups (5-6) and now my crossfire setup. Vsync helps a lot and would like to use it in clear sky.

Lucky for you that you don't see it, but for me i almost always see it.

Out of curiousity why would you never use vsync? Please don't tell me that 60 fps is too slow.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Even if it is, the maximum framerate you actually see is going be limited by the display's refresh rate, and vsync doesn't cost you anything there.

Vsync works fine for me in this game, at least on DX9. I don't remember what it's set to in the game, but I have it forced on globally in the driver.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Vsync's mandatory on all games for me. With triple buffering, there's no performance penalty and 60fps is more than enough. Plus, with all the pc games originally being designed for consoles, my GTX260 has monstrous power (compared to consoles) and maintaining a constant 60fps isn't an issue in 90% of modern games.

Vsync for life. I'd prefer a game that is at 60fps constantly rather than running at 150fps but dipping down to 70-80 fps during heavy action. The drop is noticeable, even if it's still running very fast. 60fps constant, on the otherhand, is silky smooth throughout. But it's the lack of screen tearing that makes me such a fan of vsync, it looks so much nicer with vsync enabled.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
well, I'm not saying that stuff is unplayable. I'm sensitive to microstutter, always have been. I've noticed it with all my sli setups (5-6) and now my crossfire setup. Vsync helps a lot and would like to use it in clear sky.

Lucky for you that you don't see it, but for me i almost always see it.

Out of curiousity why would you never use vsync? Please don't tell me that 60 fps is too slow.

I play games with 200fps and my 60hz LCD is just fine.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
I play games with 200fps and my 60hz LCD is just fine.

ok, well I'm playing clear sky on maximum settings, dx10.1 on a 2560x1600 display, Hd4870x2 and HD4870 1 gig. Too bad my measly hardware can't play with 200 fps consistently, instead leaving me dips into the 30-35fps range where micro stuttering is a reality.

i think my issue and point is clear.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Vsync's mandatory on all games for me. With triple buffering, there's no performance penalty and 60fps is more than enough. Plus, with all the pc games originally being designed for consoles, my GTX260 has monstrous power (compared to consoles) and maintaining a constant 60fps isn't an issue in 90% of modern games.

Vsync for life. I'd prefer a game that is at 60fps constantly rather than running at 150fps but dipping down to 70-80 fps during heavy action. The drop is noticeable, even if it's still running very fast. 60fps constant, on the otherhand, is silky smooth throughout. But it's the lack of screen tearing that makes me such a fan of vsync, it looks so much nicer with vsync enabled.

i agree %100. I HATE TEARING

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
ok, well I'm playing clear sky on maximum settings, dx10.1 on a 2560x1600 display, Hd4870x2 and HD4870 1 gig. Too bad my measly hardware can't play with 200 fps consistently, instead leaving me dips into the 30-35fps range where micro stuttering is a reality.

i think my issue and point is clear.

Normal people don't need silly things like vsync. You're in the top .5% of PC gamers do your opinion and setup don't really matter :p

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Normal people don't need silly things like vsync. You're in the top .5% of PC gamers do your opinion and setup don't really matter :p

well if you read the posts in this thread it seems as though you are the only person in here that doesn't use or like vsync, so this thread isn't for you. bye!

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I always use it too. I just have it forced on globally in the driver, along with triple buffering.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I always use it too. I just have it forced on globally in the driver, along with triple buffering.
if you are turning triple buffering on in the regular ATI/Nvidia control panel it does nothing for DX games anyway.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
well, not that anyone really gives a damn but d3doverrider allowed me to get vsync in clear sky. It comes with rivatuner

MStele

Sep 14, 2009
Not really commenting to this thread but I wanted to give info that might be useful to people. If your using Nvidia, the V-sync option that comes with the driver only affects OpenGL games. It has no affect on Direct3D games. In those situations, you need to use D3Doverrider or another Direct3D v-sync overide.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
well if you read the posts in this thread it seems as though you are the only person in here that doesn't use or like vsync, so this thread isn't for you. bye!

Good thing this is a public forum where I can post in whatever thread I feel like posting, eh?

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Not really commenting to this thread but I wanted to give info that might be useful to people. If your using Nvidia, the V-sync option that comes with the driver only affects OpenGL games. It has no affect on Direct3D games. In those situations, you need to use D3Doverrider or another Direct3D v-sync overide.
that is absolutely not true. its just preferable, according to Nvidia, that starting with Vista that you use the in game vsync for 3D games. I force vsync on in several 3D games including STALKER directly from the control panel. do you really think people cant check this out for themselves?

Last edited:

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Good thing this is a public forum where I can post in whatever thread I feel like posting, eh?

Yes it is a public forum and you are entitled to post. However, since all you were doing in this thread was telling us about your feelings of vsync, I don't see how what you were saying was relevant to the OP. I was looking for a way to enble it, not a poll of who doesn't like it. So actually you were thread crapping which isn't allowed. Hence you shouldn't be posting in here, eh!