Speculation: Ryzen 3000 series

Page 201 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What will Ryzen 3000 for AM4 look like?

• Total voters

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
"Hm how about Amazon sales numbers", no they dont do that or only in dreams.:smile:
For them to have sales numbers they first have to sell them. They are getting to be worse and worse for computer hardware. I'd like to buy from them, but I guess its back to newegg for all newer stuff.

Reactions: trollspotter

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Have any reviews on the Ryzen 3000 series talked about we can now use Rank 2 memory? Tom's hardware said nothing about it.

Asterox

Golden Member
May 15, 2012
For them to have sales numbers they first have to sell them. They are getting to be worse and worse for computer hardware. I'd like to buy from them, but I guess its back to newegg for all newer stuff.

Amazon is blah, or transparency/the number of sold units or hardware is still important and very useful.

Well-informed PC hardware buyers, they usually shoping on Mindfactory or also german retailer ComputerUniverse.I am not from Germany, but that kind of information is known fact.

Jul 24, 2017
I'm confused about what boost features would work/not work if I put a 3700X on an X370 board (Asus Prime Pro).

Between Precision Boost, XFR, and PBO, what would I lose vs. X570?

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Most of AMD's energy and resources will be dedicated to consoles for release in 2020. It would be pertinent to make consoles a mobile product and a console APU for entry level desktops. Just my 2 cents.

The consoles are the reason that they are shrinking the I/O to 7EUV so early, it is something that MS and Sony are paying for. Once this has been done AMD can turn around and use that work for their own uses due to their LEGO approach to making CPUs. Semi-Custom is the single best thing that Rory did at AMD.

BigDaveX

Jun 12, 2014
Why have only one day of review releases when you can make a portion of the review sites redo their reviews and extend the marketing cycle /lol
Unfortunately, it seems an all too familiar pattern with AMD. Their CPU engineers make their Intel counterparts look like a bunch of complete amateurs, only for their marketing team to end up making themselves look like a bunch of complete amateurs.

ubern00b

Jun 11, 2019
Have any reviews on the Ryzen 3000 series talked about we can now use Rank 2 memory? Tom's hardware said nothing about it.
I've used dual rank ram since I bought my 1600 and Asrock Ab350m, even mismatched sticks of dual rank non b-die 2800mhz that ran XMP from day 1, obviously there were issues (for other users), though most of them including dual rank sticks were ironed out within the first year and subsequent agesa updates.

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Unfortunately, it seems an all too familiar pattern with AMD. Their CPU engineers make their Intel counterparts look like a bunch of complete amateurs, only for their marketing team to end up making themselves look like a bunch of complete amateurs.
Or this is practically every single true new platform launch since the beginning of man. The effect of this is rather small. Some apps might show it around more then others but this is like the smallest of the small launch day goofs from any of the guys out there.

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
The good news for now is that mainstream desktop can now pull what previously required HEDT platforms (and HEDT prices) so people can buy in at lower cost.

Looking at prices of 3900x and high end mobos, the prices are exactly like HEDT...Expect you get to save a bit by only needing 2 RAM sticks.

Wow, 600 3900x units sold? In about a day? From one store?

Well it's the biggest German online store and Germany after all has a population of over 80 Million. So that would be like newegg in US selling 2400. I'm more pissed they aren't even in stock here. supposedly AMD didn't deliver any yet.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Looking at prices of 3900x and high end mobos, the prices are exactly like HEDT...Expect you get to save a bit by only needing 2 RAM sticks.

Well it's the biggest German online store and Germany after all has a population of over 80 Million. So that would be like newegg in US selling 2400. I'm more pissed they aren't even in stock here. supposedly AMD didn't deliver any yet.
A lot of people got them. I don;t have numbers, but I for one, have one on the way from Amazon.

Reactions: Drazick

therealmongo

Jul 5, 2019
@Asterox ** sorry forget that, I saw you are not from Germany **
Hi, do you know if there are any German stores who ship to Europe (I am in Cyprus).

I usually order from Amazon.de and only from Amazon (seller) but they are very slow with new hardware.

Thanks

B-Riz

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2011
I'm confused about what boost features would work/not work if I put a 3700X on an X370 board (Asus Prime Pro).

Between Precision Boost, XFR, and PBO, what would I lose vs. X570?

CPU features are not based on the chipset for Zen2, you just need a Zen2 chip.

You need: The latest BIOS, Win 10 1903, and the latest chipset drivers to get all the Zen2 features.

The board is really just a fancy IO hub for the CPU now, you "lose" extra USB 3.1 C and PCIE4 if not installing into X570.

The high end X570 boards are technically "better", in VRM, layout, memory circuit isolation, etc., but that is not needed for regular Zen2 operation.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000

Unless Best Buy screws up, mine is on the way, but thanks!

True! But the 3900x sold out on Mindfactory in about an hour. Maybe less.

Reactions: lightmanek

Shivansps

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2013
vF7ONL2.jpg

Here people we have a nice example of a Gigabyte AB350-Gaming board at his best, any attempt to manually ajust the IGP freq of a 3200G ends up with the CPU being overvolted to range of 1.5v to 1.6V.
Oh and BTW, i did know this, but if you dont change the dynamic vsoc to normal, you end up with +1.4v vsoc just for normal operation.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
@Asterox ** sorry forget that, I saw you are not from Germany **
Hi, do you know if there are any German stores who ship to Europe (I am in Cyprus).

I usually order from Amazon.de and only from Amazon (seller) but they are very slow with new hardware.

Thanks

Why not order from AMD.com? They still have inventory in the EU.

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
The issue with number 1 is the sizes of the I/O die and the GPU chiplet on 12nm, in order to fit all three with a decent sized GPU chiplet both dies will require a shrink in order to fit. To increase what is available in the I/O die to include a GPU chiplet along with an L4$ would require the shrink from 7EUV in order to fit a consumer platform socket.

The problem with number 2 is also a matter of package size on a consumer platform.

A fit depends on the size of the GPU to aim for. What decent sized iGPU might mean varies. I'd say that Picasso's 11CU are very decent sized because it pretty much maxes out what can be done with dual channel.

For a normal iGPU (not HBM or anything expensive) a 14/12nm GPU die might come in at ~70mm2 for a 10 or 11 CU Vega.

Changing topics now... does anyone know the voltages for the various p-states of a 3600x or 3700x? cpu-world does not list the p-states yet. http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/668/AMD_Ryzen_5_3600X_vs_AMD_Ryzen_7_3700X.html

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
A fit depends on the size of the GPU to aim for. What decent sized iGPU might mean varies. I'd say that Picasso's 11CU are very decent sized because it pretty much maxes out what can be done with dual channel.

For a normal iGPU (not HBM or anything expensive) a 14/12nm GPU die might come in at ~70mm2 for a 10 or 11 CU Vega.

Changing topics now... does anyone know the voltages for the various p-states of a 3600x or 3700x? cpu-world does not list the p-states yet. http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/668/AMD_Ryzen_5_3600X_vs_AMD_Ryzen_7_3700X.html

We will see AMD start to use die stacking on the I/O die fairly soon, they would be able to include both HBM and DDR on the APU but the ones that use both are at least 5 years out.

Edit: As to your question, I am not sure wouldn't that info be in Ryzen Master. Or does Ryzen Master work differently than Watt-Man?

Reactions: amd6502

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Here people we have a nice example of a Gigabyte AB350-Gaming board at his best, any attempt to manually ajust the IGP freq of a 3200G ends up with the CPU being overvolted to range of 1.5v to 1.6V.
Oh and BTW, i did know this, but if you dont change the dynamic vsoc to normal, you end up with +1.4v vsoc just for normal operation.

Oh good grief. I knew 300/400 gen boards would be a little rough at launch but that is ridiculous.