• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Question Speculation: RDNA2 + CDNA Architectures thread

Page 205 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gideon

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2007
Yeah my bad ,the naming is terrible. Could be something as trivial as "Intelligent Upscaling," but probably way too little marketing speak to get anywhere

Shivansps

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2013
Well i got fed up with this stock situacion and the miners buying everything that i ended up getting a used Asus Dual RX5700 that i know was not used for mining literally 2 days before all GPU prices increased around 100% in my... lest call it country. Best decision i could ever made. The stock fan curve is BS, it allows the card to get to 95°C with the fan running at 1100rpm and that was causing it to crash in some games like Cyberpunk. I wonder if that is the issue of so many people complaining about crashes and black screens with Navi.

I suggest Artificial Super Resolution since that's what DLSS is. :p
What about calling it "GOIA" Get over it already.
Seriusly this amount of hate just for what DLSS does needs to stop.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Well i got fed up with this stock situacion and the miners buying everything that i ended up getting a used Asus Dual RX5700 that i know was not used for mining literally 2 days before all GPU prices increased around 100% in my... lest call it country. Best decision i could ever made. The stock fan curve is BS, it allows the card to get to 95°C with the fan running at 1100rpm and that was causing it to crash in some games like Cyberpunk. I wonder if that is the issue of so many people complaining about crashes and black screens with Navi.
My first 5700xt had a fan stop bug that didn’t even start the fans until 95C that led to all sorts of issues - and then ran them at 100% indefinitely trying to cool the card back to something like 55C. I had been running a AMD blower 5700 without issues before that (my Dad's) and I had to install special drivers, endure green screens and do all sorts of stupid stuff on my way to trying to get the card to work.

Since this was in a more sane time, I simply walked into a Best Buy and returned it. I then bought the Blower 5700 XT from Dell for $360 after a coupon and feel fine about it. Visiontek warranty (1 year!) sucks though.

Reading at that time, there were horror stories from every AIB that seemed to have pooped out a custom design. I couldn't figure out how my Hawaii 300W card was fine for years but they all dropped the ball on a 225W part? What did AMD to piss off all these partners that they would release these cards like this? There was some sort of validation step that had to have been missed.

What about calling it "GOIA" Get over it already.
Seriusly this amount of hate just for what DLSS does needs to stop.
Hey fun police, next are you going to tell us we can't complain about the complete lack of Gigastabs the RNDA2 provides? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Elfear

ASK THE COMMUNITY