Soyo 24" back for $300 + tax at OfficeMax week of 1/27

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

krunt

Jan 11, 2008
apparently spinejams' code only works once. keeps telling me that it has been redeemed.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Parkre
Looking to get one, but that is a sticker on the right side, right?

and does the base swivel or tilt?

Thanks

not a sticker

tilts slightly does not swivel

I have changed my stand.

brunell8

Feb 23, 2001
elyriacheer.weebly.com
What stand did you use in place of the original? I can deal with the swivel, but I would like mine to tilt a little more. It seems as if the top is actually pointed out moreso than the bottom.

T8ZBUD

Mar 15, 2006
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Originally posted by: T8ZBUD
Anyone know if this is HDCP compliant?

It is not, unfortunately.

Viper GTS

Thanks Viper, I couldn't find any info on this. Kills it for me, though I had it in a cart including the $30 discount and free shipping, with OM picking up the $8 CA recycling fee (shown as an $8 further reduction in the selling price).

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Anyone know if this is HDCP compliant?

It is not, unfortunately.

Viper GTS

Thanks Viper, I couldn't find any info on this. Kills it for me, though I had it in a cart including the $30 discount and free shipping, with OM picking up the $8 CA recycling fee (shown as an $8 further reduction in the selling price).

can't you run anyDVD or other products to get around that limitation?

JameyF

Oct 5, 2001
Originally posted by: brunell8
What stand did you use in place of the original? I can deal with the swivel, but I would like mine to tilt a little more. It seems as if the top is actually pointed out moreso than the bottom.

That's the way mine was when I opened it. I was able to tilt mine back, and still ahve a bit more room to go back further. Double check your instruction as to how it tilts and adjust carefully. I was soooo afraid to tilt it back because I didn't think it was designed to do that, but mine did.

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: brunell8

Hm, I'm confused why you want it to tilt more? I just got up and tilted mine to ~20-25degrees from verticle; is that not enough?

brunell8

Feb 23, 2001
elyriacheer.weebly.com
I want it to be more straight up and down. It feels like this, assuming I'm all the way to the left, looking right:

Not quite to that extent, but hopefully that gets teh point across.

krunt

Jan 11, 2008
just picked one up and first off, it does look good. Though, my stand does not tilt at all and it emits a very faint, but high pitched noise, sort of like a buzz. I thought the speakers may have been on and just hissing, so i turned the volume all the way off but that wasn't it... anyone else? Or did i pickup/get the wrong monitor?

My model number appears to be the same referenced here, MT-GW-DYLM24D6 and it says topaz s on the lower right of the frame.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
Price is still showing as $299 for me today.

I have a Soyo Dymond 19" black LCD that I won on this forum a couple of years ago. When my computer is turned off, but the monitor still 'on' (soft-off), the monitor makes a high-pitched vibrato sound. I can hear it from across the room. It's only if I actually hit the power button on the monitor that it goes away.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Steve
Price is still showing as $299 for me today.

I have a Soyo Dymond 19" black LCD that I won on this forum a couple of years ago. When my computer is turned off, but the monitor still 'on' (soft-off), the monitor makes a high-pitched vibrato sound. I can hear it from across the room. It's only if I actually hit the power button on the monitor that it goes away.

Yes OfficeMax is running this "sale" again this week. As someone stated earlier they run this on "sale" more than they run the regular price.

snello

Feb 4, 2008
I bought one last week online, plugged it into my 2006 Intel MacBook using the Mini-DVI to DVI converter bought from Apple and OSX. OSX seemed to detect it, and 1920x1200 was available from the display list but it just could not display the picture correctly. I either got half a corrupted static picture, or nothing at all. That was at all resolutions.

After 10 minutes, the screen went dead and refused to turn back on. I left it unplugged overnight, came back in the morning, but it still would not turn on. I tried a new cord, and a different wall socket with to no avail.

Basically looks like the power on the unit gave out after 10 mins. Has anyone here got one working with a MacBook? What were your experiences?

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: RKS

Thanks

not a sticker

I have changed my stand.

First answer is wrong. That IS a sticker on the right hand side of the monitor in the Officemax picture!

crimson117

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Originally posted by: snello
I bought one last week online, plugged it into my 2006 Intel MacBook using the Mini-DVI to DVI converter bought from Apple and OSX. OSX seemed to detect it, and 1920x1200 was available from the display list but it just could not display the picture correctly. I either got half a corrupted static picture, or nothing at all. That was at all resolutions.

After 10 minutes, the screen went dead and refused to turn back on. I left it unplugged overnight, came back in the morning, but it still would not turn on. I tried a new cord, and a different wall socket with to no avail.

Basically looks like the power on the unit gave out after 10 mins. Has anyone here got one working with a MacBook? What were your experiences?

I don't think your experience had anything to do with it being plugged into a macbook. It sounds like a bad monitor - get it replaced.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: kmmatney
Originally posted by: RKS

Thanks

not a sticker

I have changed my stand.

First answer is wrong. That IS a sticker on the right hand side of the monitor in the Officemax picture!

Text

Soyo on upper left and Topaz on lower right. Neither are stickers. :confused:

snello

Feb 4, 2008
Thanks Crimson,

I'm actually going to return the unit for good, I picked up the Acer P241WBD at CircuitCity last night for 399. I figured a better model, with a nicer case and an HDMI input is more than worth the extra 100 bucks.

Plus I got to use it straight away!

Actually, once plugged into the MB, everything worked great! It went straight to 1920 and recognised it as an Acer, as opposed to the Soyo which got detected as some generic part number KD#####.

The picture is also great, so I'm really happy.

Best,
Ollie.

spinejam

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
$30 off $200 @ OfficeMax.com (expires 02/08/08) coupon = "one timer"

WFK9JRJMTNY62TT0C

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: spinejam
$30 off $200 @ OfficeMax.com (expires 02/08/08) coupon = "one timer"

WFK9JRJMTNY62TT0C

used the coupon, thanks for posting it!

568overclocked

Oct 12, 1999
If anyone can share a $30 off coupon that they are not using, I can trade (QTY 2) $20 off $75 codes that expire 3/31/2008. PM me. Thanks