South Dakota Passes First Law That Will Force Trans Kids to Detransition

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Kentucky senators have introduced a bill banning “adult oriented businesses”, including any place that hosts drag shows, within 1000 feet of a park, church, school, or a long list of other establishments - including a residence.

Those 1000 foot circles would easily blanket most cities. The two venues in Lexington that host drag shows would have to stop doing so.

This one hasn't passed yet. We'll see. Upon reading the bill ... it shows its so broad in it's language as to what is banned shows government intrusion at it's finest.

Isn’t it amazing how much government interference you get from people opposed to government interference?

The main point, of course, is to impose their will on others. The point is to eliminate both the practices they disapprove of AND, if they won’t change, the people and places who engage in those things. Land of the Free, my ass!
This other Kentucky anti-Trans bill is SO IMPORTANT to these haters they’re pushing it hard:

Edit to add:

"The Kentucky General Assembly‘s fixation on transgender kids is beyond belief," Chris Hartman, who leads the Fairness Campaign, said Wednesday. "Though less than 1% of the total population, transgender kids have been the target of more than half a dozen bills by state lawmakers already this year."

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Over 340 anti-LGBTQ bills in 36 states so far this year. Gotta work hard to keep the base distracted from the fact you ain't doing jack shit to help them, make them feel good that you're at least trying to hurt the right people.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
This other Kentucky anti-Trans bill is SO IMPORTANT to these haters they’re pushing it hard:

Edit to add:

"The Kentucky General Assembly‘s fixation on transgender kids is beyond belief," Chris Hartman, who leads the Fairness Campaign, said Wednesday. "Though less than 1% of the total population, transgender kids have been the target of more than half a dozen bills by state lawmakers already this year."
They've got to stamp it out before it spreads, just like COV......., oh wait.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
What's frustrating is each law that passes will have lawsuits after it but it will take years for the damage to be reversed. Even if there are stays by a judge, the mere fact we are the target of witch hunts and inquisition heralds to eras of ignorance and misinformation that continues today.

We are the target of anger and malice and when one of us does have their life taken, oftentimes, the response is "its ok, they were transgender."

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
What's frustrating is each law that passes will have lawsuits after it but it will take years for the damage to be reversed. Even if there are stays by a judge, the mere fact we are the target of witch hunts and inquisition heralds to eras of ignorance and misinformation that continues today.

We are the target of anger and malice and when one of us does have their life taken, oftentimes, the response is "its ok, they were transgender."

Honestly, I’m ashamed it took me until my 30s to realize I should’ve been an ally all along. But I blame socially conservative parents and my Catholic school upbringing.

I think there’s a short window for people to question their beliefs and change their worldview. It helps to get out of the town you were born in, leave your parents’ behind, make new friends, spend time abroad, etc. Because once that window closes, it’s a lot harder to change when you’re middle aged or older.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
Texas is going all in.

I take care of transgender patients. These are some amazing individuals.

Transgender individuals, as we now define them, have existed for millenia. We have existed across cultures, races and languages. There have been periods of acceptance as well as rejection.

Research has expanded our understanding to show, for many, their identity is based on genetics and isn't just dictated by the organs between their legs, or lack there of. It's dictated by what happens in their brain.

I'm a doctor. I read medical journals on a regular basis. These garbage laws are just that. Garbage.

We approve medications, often based on one research study. I faced a malpractice suit where they claimed what I did was out of the "standard of care." I proved myself with 15 journal articles and proved I was in the "standard of care."

The standard of care in medicine right now is gender affirming care. Seems to me those who are against it and creating these laws are practicing medicine without a license.

Frankly, I'm livid. I'm passed off that I am a target for no reason other than my existence. I have been called slow and stupid by people with clearly no knowledge whatsoever. I give lectures to medical students, doctors, nurses and administrators. As a factor of fact, I just gave a lecture 2 days ago. Next one is in March. Then April. I'm a successful doc and widely respected in my area.

So, go ahead call me a "mental illness" and prove yourself a moron. I can literally bury you in medical literature and standard of care.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
These haters just can't understand what gay is and what trans is. If you're trans or gay (or black or hispanic for that matter) you'd might as well be an alien from Mars. And if life was ever found on Mars, they'd hate that life too. LGBQTmars. But its true, the haters just can not grasp that trans and gay and brown skin is not a "choice", but something some people are born with. And, because the haters can not grasp this reality, they believe this difference can be legislated away or therapied away, OR HATED AWAY. If you kill them, then you don't have to deal with them, even if they might be one of your own kids. The haters are setting them all up for the kill in their own typical christian way.

This is why their hate antics will fail in the end because hate isn't going to make them go away, nor will politics, nor will therapy, nor will simply ignoring them. In the old days of the 50's, the haters could just ignore them because they could not grasp or face the fact that trans and gay people existed. But those days are long gone and never coming back. So in the end it becomes their problem, the haters problem, and not the problem of the trans folk.
Besides.... I heard a rumor that all Martians are trans. Green, gay, and trans as trans can be. Suck on that all you haters out there. :p

R.2c43f2f32ce0c07853ba344d67a142c4.jpg

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Over 340 anti-LGBTQ bills in 36 states so far this year. Gotta work hard to keep the base distracted from the fact you ain't doing jack shit to help them, make them feel good that you're at least trying to hurt the right people.

It’s on brand for the GQP to beat up on people who will struggle to defend themselves. This is exactly how Jesus would behave.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
We’re like another 6 months away from Republicans saying trans people should be in prison away from society and trying to pass laws to do that.
Some of these anti-drag bills prevent "drag performances" within X distance of schools, and are broadly defined enough to include plays where the role of Peter Pan is played by a woman, as is kind of traditional at this point.
Which is to say, yeah, probably.

Dec 10, 2005
Fear and hate are how the aristocratic elite trick the people into keeping them rich and powerful.
That's one aspect of it. It just serves as a distraction from the general shittiness of some states' governments too.

"Schools suck and can't get insurance because Medicaid wasn't expanded? Don't focus on that. Focus on the real problem of drag shows and trans people"... :rolleyes:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Texas says "hold my beer"
I think Texas might have been first if Floriduh didn't have DeathSantis at the top of the ladder. Texas is usually a leader in shittiness, but Floriduh has been giving them a real challenge the past few years.

Reactions: hal2kilo