Sore

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Yeah let them rest a bit til the pain goes away. Soreness usually peaks at 2-3 days after the exercise, then it should start tapering off. To get the most from your strength training, you probably don't want to exercise sore muscles (your body's telling you they need to heal back up), but it's probably safe as long as it isn't limiting your motion or causing pain that you'll compensate for (by sacrificing form, etc. I'd go light on sore muscles, maybe just to get them warmed up and get blood pumping through em.

I just did upper body tonight, and also did some body weight squats. It hurt quite a bit though, so I didn't even bother putting the bar on my shoulders.

I was in a lot of pain earlier today though, people kept asking me what happened because I was walking like an old man haha.

Oh well, I'll see how I feel on Thursday. It already feels better tonight.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
2 more days until my week off is over. I feel great. No more soreness except for my shoulders.

I've also increase my calories again back to around 3k. I'm down to 192lbs.

I have tons of energy and sleeping better. Hopefully this translates to my lifts on Friday.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Believe it or not the best way to combat soreness is stretching and you guessed it a light workout, lol. When those muscles are rebuilding they will be sore. If you work progressively to get better or look better, you are going to be sore. Callestenics on non lifting days can help and a warm bath with epsom salt will do wonders 2-3 days a week.

Mar 22, 2002
Believe it or not the best way to combat soreness is stretching and you guessed it a light workout, lol. When those muscles are rebuilding they will be sore. If you work progressively to get better or look better, you are going to be sore. Callestenics on non lifting days can help and a warm bath with epsom salt will do wonders 2-3 days a week.

Actually, this is a common fallacy. Technically, stretching puts greater strain on muscles and can lead to increased soreness. Research has disproved the thought that stretching makes you less sore. The couple of things that do reduce soreness are active recovery and great nutrition.