Something to look forward to when you reach middle age, kiddos!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Originally posted by: her209
So sex doesn't get better with age? :(

<--- Not looking forward to doing the nasty with a hairy women.

Well,if you're smart and marry a decent woman you won't need to worry about it.Once most women finish menopause they gracefully exit the sexual arena,many of them have understandings with their husbands that allow the men to get their sexual needs met elsewhere.

oh and Dennil, go back to d/loading hig res pron or something, this thread is not uplifting to say the least.

WHAT???? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. What prevents women from having sex after menopause? Even so, they let their husbands go look for a young girl to screw?

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002

Well,if you're smart and marry a decent woman you won't need to worry about it.Once most women finish menopause they gracefully exit the sexual arena,many of them have understandings with their husbands that allow the men to get their sexual needs met elsewhere.

oh and Dennil, go back to d/loading hig res pron or something, this thread is not uplifting to say the least.

What kind of "understanding" are you referring to?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: PricklyPete

That the husband is then forever freed from any obligation to be intimate with his now visually repugant middle aged wife and may indulge himself in outside affairs as long as he is discrete about it,assuming the rest of the marriage is good,the couple remains married,they just no longer have sex together and the husband is not required to remain faithful sexually.Some couples have an open discussion about it,in others it's a tactitly understood but unspoken sort of deal.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
on the male side of things, the hair that stopped growing on the top of your head now grows out of your nostrils, ears and down your back.

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
That the husband is then forever freed from any obligation to be intimate with his now visually repugant middle aged wife and may indulge himself in outside affairs as long as he is discrete about it,assuming the rest of the marriage is good,the couple remains married,they just no longer have sex together and the husband is not required to remain faithful sexually.Some couples have an open discussion about it,in others it's a tactitly understood but unspoken sort of deal.

Uhhh, I don't think that happens to often. Middle aged men cheat? Heck yes. But with their wife's permission? I don't think so.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: PricklyPete

Kickass!! :D

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: JLGatsby

Uhhh, I don't think that happens to often. Middle aged men cheat? Heck yes. But with their wife's permission? I don't think so.

You'd be pretty surprised how many seemingy happy couples are walking around out there where the hubby steps out regularly and the wife knows all about it... and chooses to do nothing.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
That the husband is then forever freed from any obligation to be intimate with his now visually repugnant middle aged wife and may indulge himself in outside affairs as long as he is discrete about it,assuming the rest of the marriage is good,the couple remains married,they just no longer have sex together and the husband is not required to remain faithful sexually.Some couples have an open discussion about it,in others it's a tacitly understood but unspoken sort of deal.

Good way to become a eunuch - would happened even if I brought up the subject

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
You'd be pretty surprised how many seemingy happy couples are walking around out there where the hubby steps out regularly and the wife knows all about it... and chooses to do nothing.

Ok ok, I know what you're saying. You made it sound like the husband goes to the woman and say "honey, you're ugly and I need to bang super hot model chicks, you know the kind JLGatsby bangs, so do you mind if I have an affair?"

Many wives I think will "ignore" the fact that the man is having an affair because they are afraid the husband will leave the wife for the new woman. So I would not call that a "happy" relationship.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
That the husband is then forever freed from any obligation to be intimate with his now visually repugnant middle aged wife and may indulge himself in outside affairs as long as he is discrete about it,assuming the rest of the marriage is good,the couple remains married,they just no longer have sex together and the husband is not required to remain faithful sexually.Some couples have an open discussion about it,in others it's a tacitly understood but unspoken sort of deal.

Good way to become a eunuch - would happened even if I brought up the subject

most people don't bring up the subject,it becomes a quiet,unspoken "understanding"

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Ok ok, I know what you're saying. You made it sound like the husband goes to the woman and say "honey, you're ugly and I need to bang super hot model chicks, you know the kind JLGatsby bangs, so do you mind if I have an affair?"

Many wives I think will "ignore" the fact that the man is having an affair because they are afraid the husband will leave the wife for the new woman. So I would not call that a "happy" relationship.

many people married for a long time get along really well in all areas except for sex. An ""understanding" always the couple to stay together to enjoy their family and all they've built together and the good parts of their relationship.

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
many people married for a long time get along really well in all areas except for sex. An ""understanding" always the couple to stay together to enjoy their family and all they've built together and the good parts of their relationship.

Anyone who is satisfied with their partner having an affair must have very low standards for their marriage.

If I was married I would not tolerate it from my wife or myself. You shouldn't have sex with anyone but your spouse, end of story. Anyone who disagrees is either a sexual deviant or has low standards and self esteem.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Anyone who is satisfied with their partner having an affair must have very low standards for their marriage.

If I was married I would not tolerate it from my wife or myself. You shouldn't have sex with anyone but your spouse, end of story. Anyone who disagrees is either a sexual deviant or has low standards and self esteem.

it would be nice if the world were always so black and white but it's not.Love doesn't always equal desire and you can't force desire/ sexual interest where there is no physical attraction, for many couples an "understanding" is far,far less damaging than a divorce.

I know more than a few women in this situation and it's like one gal said"I'm 53, I'm supposed to do what? rip apart our retirement funds prematurely to go live alone in a studio, date?' no, he has his life and I have mine,we're comfortable and get along pretty well."

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004

you're an idiot. anyone who disagrees is a mental deviant, or has a low IQ and cognitive ability.

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: mordantmonkey
you're an idiot. anyone who disagrees is a mental deviant, or has a low IQ and cognitive ability.

Well don't just spew insults, let's hear why.

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004

Well don't just spew insults, let's hear why.

didn't really mean it personally. was more of spoof of your post to point out the idiocy of pushing ones own opinions of sex and relationships upon other people as though they are objective facts and not subjective reality.

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
didn't really mean it personally. was more of sppof of you're post to point out the idiocy of pushing ones own opinions of sex and relationships upon other people as though they are objective facts and not subjective reality.

For some reason, almost everywhere I go, people accuse me of trying to present opinion as fact. I meant it as an opinion, albeit a strong opinion.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: GeekbabeI know more than a few women in this situation and it's like one gal said"I'm 53, I'm supposed to do what? rip apart our retirement funds prematurely to go live alone in a studio, date?' no, he has his life and I have mine,we're comfortable and get along pretty well."
I don't understand how an old fart like that meets any women. Sure, there are a few rich guys in the world that can score chicks even when they are old but that's only ~2% of the population and not all of them are looking for action. Why would any women except and equally old women no longer interested in sex be interested in an old guy like that?

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
I know more than a few women in this situation and it's like one gal said"I'm 53, I'm supposed to do what? rip apart our retirement funds prematurely to go live alone in a studio, date?' no, he has his life and I have mine,we're comfortable and get along pretty well."

That's kind of sad. They sound more like roommates than a married couple.

Still, sexual desire can be tamed, and if the husband doesn't want to "get it on" with his wife, he should just make sweet love to his right hand. There should be that level of respect.

I mean though, come on, anyone who wants sex THAT bad, will have sex with an unattractive woman. Someone's wife would have to be in pretty bad shape for a desperate old man NOT to want sex with them. I mean like 300lbs and crooked teeth, but that's not the case for most women.

And I've been very attracted (physically) to girls that most would find only very mildly (or not at all) attractive because of their personality alone. It's hard to accept other guys are not like that, that they only care about looks.

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
For some reason, almost everywhere I go, people accuse me of trying to present opinion as fact. I meant it as an opinion, albeit a strong opinion.

probably because you present it as though it were fact. but maybe that's just my interpretation.

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
probably because you present it as though it were fact. but maybe that's just my interpretation.

In reality it's opinion, although in my mind it's fact. :D

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004

Still, sexual desire can be tamed, and if the husband doesn't want to "get it on" with his wife, he should just make sweet love to his right hand. There should be that level of respect.

I mean though, come on, anyone who wants sex THAT bad, will have sex with an unattractive woman. Someone's wife would have to be in pretty bad shape for a desperate old man NOT to want sex with them. I mean like 300lbs and crooked teeth, but that's not the case for most women.

And I've been very attracted (physically) to girls that most would find only very mildly (or not at all) attractive because of their personality alone. It's hard to accept other guys are not like that, that they only care about looks.

did you not consider that the woman is no longer interested in sex with the man? or any man? (loss of sex drive).

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Successful long term relationships very often happen because the couple are basically friends and get on well in the day to day.Unfortunately familarity and the ravages of time often kills the sex, I'd imagine for such couples having an understanding beats the alternative of divorce.Many couples also find that their relationship gets even better once the struggles around sexual issues are ended.