(Some) Democrats apparently think a Clinton/Cheney ticket can win 2024?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Is this for real? Who, exactly, is proposing this??? Please explain to me what coalition these 2 women can pull together to get 270 electoral votes?? Why the fuck are we even wasting virtual ink on this idea?

And people wonder why progressives can't have nice things....

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Wanna energize and motivate Republican voters? Cuz this is how you do it. This is exactly how you get Trump back in office. I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually a suggestion from republican strategists who are giggling like little schoolgirls at the thought of this actually happening.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I think democrats best chance is actually to run buttigieg but he’ll need a solid rollout of the infrastructure plan.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

Is this for real?
Who, exactly, is proposing this???
Please explain to me what coalition these 2 women can pull together to get 270 electoral votes??
Why the fuck are we even wasting virtual ink on this idea?

- No
- No one worth noting and it's being referenced by Trudo who is opining \ keyword dropping to get circulation of some bullshit.
- It's called generating content by creating bullshit scenarios

Reactions: hal2kilo

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Is this for real? Who, exactly, is proposing this??? Please explain to me what coalition these 2 women can pull together to get 270 electoral votes?? Why the fuck are we even wasting virtual ink on this idea?

And people wonder why progressives can't have nice things....
Who is proposing this? Thomas Friedman, The Wall Street Journal, and other very serious people who under no circumstances ever want to pay higher tax rates and lose any level of leverage over the serfs who should be begging to go back to work at $7.25 an hour so the very serious people can continue filling their bank accounts with hilariously meaningless numbers.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I think democrats best chance is actually to run buttigieg but he’ll need a solid rollout of the infrastructure plan.
Agreed. If the infrastructure plan is rolled out well he will have something to run on over the other dems who will be loudly shouting I AM NOT TRUMP VOTE FOR ME!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
"Some" Democrats also believe the earth is flat. When all four of them get together they'll really have something. Don't swallow crazy bullshit pundits write just to make coin.

Nov 17, 2019
Liz might be OK.

But attached to that 'thing' there would be no chance at all.

Please be more careful in your choice of descriptive words.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010

I like Mayor Pete but the country just isn't ready for that. You saw the visceral reaction to Obama...now imagine that x100.

Reactions: hal2kilo

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Oh boy.... Biden has a few setbacks that are not his fault and democrats are ready to toss him under the bus? Bill in 2024? Dick Cheney? Did you see how frail Dick Cheney was during his last appearance a few weeks ago, not to mention how frail old Bill Clinton is.
And certainly we're not talking Hillary and Liz because democrats can do better than that. How about Donald Trump Jr and Mike Pence? I hear Mike's schedule is wide open.

Frankly, Biden is doing great. Republicans are not. All they have is Trump. Republicans are the problem here when not a one in congress will support the middle class BBB, nor do republicans support voter right because that is not in their bast interest. After all, republicans have built an entire political party by screwing around with elections and suppressing the vote, so why would republicans want to mess with that sure thing?

Biden is fine. Democrats will be fine if they call out republicans for what they are, anti middle class, anti voter equality, and a party that supports insurrectionist.
My gawd.... the messaging is sitting right there before them, the democrats, and its really not about Sinema and Manchin, its all about republicans in congress and what they refuse to do. Democrats should focus on THAT. Get the messaging out there. Democrats.... don't let republicans and especially the media and that includes the liberal media from putting this all on Joe Biden's shoulders. Biden has nothing to do with this, Biden's heart and agenda is in the right place. It is the republicans who are getting in the way of democracy. it always has been.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I like Mayor Pete but the country just isn't ready for that. You saw the visceral reaction to Obama...now imagine that x100.

I disagree. Pete is about the “safest” gay person homophobes can take just like Obama was about the “safest” black person racists could take.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
The Hill = "some Democrats"? The Hill a rightwing propaganda site.
This. This website is basically mouthpiece for the republican party elites. I wouldn't take it too seriously. Everything they publish is negative towards democrats basically. A democrat could risk their life by saving a baby in a burning building and the hill would write something about their not being able to save the baby food as well.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69