(Some) Democrats apparently think a Clinton/Cheney ticket can win 2024?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021

Is this for real? Who, exactly, is proposing this??? Please explain to me what coalition these 2 women can pull together to get 270 electoral votes?? Why the fuck are we even wasting virtual ink on this idea?

And people wonder why progressives can't have nice things....

While I think that Hillary, staunch liberal to the core and somewhat progressive, would have made one of the US's best presidents in history Liz Cheney is a staunch old school, very conservative republican.

It'd be like a Bernie Sanders/Ronald Reagan ticket, completely ridiculous.

Reactions: feralkid

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
Liz might be OK.

But attached to that 'thing' there would be no chance at all.

Please be more careful in your choice of descriptive words.

Perknose
Forum Director

I have a feeling that you are the problem with American politics. You disregard policy and ideals and go with "she's not a pretty little thing and I'm an incel" instead. It's quite fucking pathetic how you hold beauty contests for women and popularity contests for the men in lieu of having democratic elections over there.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Oh boy.... Biden has a few setbacks that are not his fault and democrats are ready to toss him under the bus?

Sort of, those things would matter for appearances sake.
On that subject, also his age and difficulty speaking.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I think the Dems need a strong performer in 2024. More and more all Biden is doing is spewing word salad, which is very confusing. Here's the latest:

Did Joe Biden really say that the 2022 election could be 'illegitimate'? (msn.com) [CNN]
Rtfa
What, then, can we conclude? A few things:
1) Biden never said the 2022 election would be illegitimate. His quote about an election "easily" being illegitimate is quite clearly him referring to the 2020 race.
2) Biden never really answers the question he was asked in any sort of definitive way.
3) Biden ties passage of federal voting rights legislation to the likely legitimacy of the 2022 election.
In short: Biden was vague and unclear at just the wrong moment. As the former president of the United States seeks to undermine faith in American elections, the current occupant of the White House needs to affirm free and fairness of the vote in the most blunt terms possible. Biden didn't come close to doing that on Wednesday.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Maybe you should? Its confusing as fuck.

Then Biden pivots to say that, no matter what, minority voters will show up to vote in 2022, which has zero to do with the original question about whether the election might be illegitimate.

Biden: "Oh, yeah, I think it easily could be -- be illegitimate. Imagine -- imagine if, in fact, Trump has succeeded in convincing Pence to not count the votes."
Reporter: "In regard to 2022, sir -- the midterm elections." ( Did he forget the question? comment mine)

The reporter interjects to make sure Biden knows the question isn't about the legitimacy of the 2020 election. Biden course corrects -- "Oh, 2022" -- then gives what is, at best, a confusing answer. He uses an odd phrasing -- "I'm not going to say it's going to be legit" -- and then directly links the legitimacy of the 2022 election to getting major voting reform legislation passed at the federal level. Legislation, it's worth noting, that has no chance of passing before the 2022 election.