Some 15 years later, how do you feel about Eminem?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
lulz, your demonstrated opinion is shit. I'm asking you to fix my perceptions or reinforce them, i.e. let's see what's so great about who you like. i.e.e. put your money where your big fat mouth is.

I've posted a few examples of artists and songs that I like. Hell, I even provided links. I don't need to fix your perceptions. You think what you think, it doesn't matter. Just like you *think* I use PuTTy to pirate. :p

Another by the way... Just because some people on a tech forum can think of a few legitimate uses for telnet, does not mean that's what you are using it for. Just because I didn't know what the fuck GitHub is, didn't make the xbox hacking tools (rom loaders, serial bypassers, image makers, and whatnot) Usenet binary tools, or obvious directories of pirated shit on your desktop any more legitimate. I looked at the pic of your DT and see just about every illegal downloading tool known to man on there. I don't care. Pirate away. The only reason I brought it up was to see if you would have the gall to deny it, which you do. But you never explained any of those things, just deflected the criticism to my obvious lack of technical knowledge when it comes to telnet software (lol SFTP software) and open development sites... So was I wrong about Putty, GitHub, maybe, probably, but was I wrong, no.

You didn't even elaborate on how Telnet was a hacking tool. Instead, you got laughed out of the thread...and then you didn't come back.

Serial bypasser? Do you know what you're talking about? Image maker? hahaha. Gosh. Nothing on my desktop was pirated. NOTHING. You obviously did care...because you photoshopped the photo of my desktop and took your sweet time circling all the pro hacker tools...including my class folder for Japanese. Oh, what did you say it actually was? Some program called Homeworld. LOL You also circled "The War Z" which is a fucking game that cannot be pirated. You circled the launcher for Sim City 4 which is PAID for and on my Steam account. You circled my collection of "The Walking Dead" comics which I purchased in digital form from a Digital Comic store. So yes, you were dead wrong about my DT.

And actually, I explained exactly what I was doing with each tool. You never came back to the thread.

Carry on. No proof that I'm a pirate. Absolutely zero. I'm not entertaining your shenanigans about my DT anymore. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and I am not obligated to explain anything on my desktop to you.

This sums up SHM's entire issues with eminem. He's white, thus he didn't do anything that wasn't climbing off the back of some other race.

Seriously WTF. Rappers can be any race.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
And actually, I explained exactly what I was doing with each tool. You never came back to the thread.

No you didn't.

1 2 3 Go!

J-runner
JungleFlasher
X-Key DVDMenu (What was PowerISO for again?)
Xkey firmware
Sickbeard
SABnzbd

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
No you didn't.

1 2 3 Go!

J-runner
JungleFlasher
X-Key DVDMenu (What was PowerISO for again?)
Xkey firmware
Sickbeard
SABnzbd

Yes, I did.

1) Flashing my Xbox (not illegal)
2) Flashing my Xbox (not illegal)
3) Making DVD covers for games (not illegal)
4) Firmware for my Xk3y (not illegal)

My xbox didn't have a DVD drive in it because I bought it and knew it was broken. The Xk3y is a DVD drive emulator for the Xbox. Yes, it can be used to play pirated games (and if you had half a brain, you would have checked the website. The xkey was not developed as a piracy tool..just like PowerISO. Piracy talk is not allowed on the official forums. Devs will not help you if you are a pirate), but I already have games. I only play COD, Halo, and Deadspace. I have original discs for ALL of my games. I dumped the data from my games to a USB drive and that's how I played them.The Flashing tools are needed to get information from my xbox so the Xk3y can emulate properly.

Since getting the Xk3y, I bought an Xbox Slim with Kinect so I don't even need it anymore.

Sickbeard is used to occasionally download copies of TV shows (shows that I already have access to through cable, Netflix, Hulu, and Xfinity aka pay services). For example, I watch Scandal religiously...but, it comes on TV at 10pm and shows up on Hulu Plus the next day. Sometimes, I'll just set Sickbeard to grab it so I can watch it between that time if I missed it while I was out. Sometimes I don't. I'm watching Scandal right now, actually.

I'd even go as far as to show you screens of all my accounts and my games...but you know what? I don't have to prove a thing to you.

SAB is just a client that handles download packages from Usenet. Could be used to download the internet...or, it could be used to get linux stuff. It depends on the user :p

PowerISO is used to load ISOs. Duh. I have several ISOs on my computer from Dreamspark. I'm sure you don't know what that is either. :rolleyes:

Having PowerISO doesn't mean its used for Piracy.

Last edited:

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Do you have any idea what it means?

I'm not sure what you're getting at, anyhow.

Rap in general is a horrible influence among kids and a contributing factor in the gangs and violence today.

These rap artists should be ashamed of themselves IMO. Yes I'm getting old.

I wouldn't have agreed with you years ago, as I'm generally very opposed to censorship, but you're right.

I'm not sure there's an easy fix, though. Censorship isn't it. We can't force parents to be parents. I dunno. :/

The Grateful Dead marching bear? Inherently it's meaningless. It's a tribute to Bear Stanley, the godfather of LSD, and appears first on the back cover of Bear's Choice, and later on numerous Volkswagens and the smalls of father-hating women's backs. I don't know if the black and white version holds some special meaning. Is it a Wharf Rat thing or something?

As to what I am getting at, it should be quite plain.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
His singing is OK, but his band is suck. He needs like, a new guitar player and such.

Nebbers

Jan 18, 2011
The Grateful Dead marching bear? Inherently it's meaningless. It's a tribute to Bear Stanley, the godfather of LSD, and appears first on the back cover of Bear's Choice, and later on numerous Volkswagens and the smalls of father-hating women's backs. I don't know if the black and white version holds some special meaning. Is it a Wharf Rat thing or something?

As to what I am getting at, it should be quite plain.

You can't just come out and say it? Whatever.

It isn't quite plain, or I would not have asked. If what you're getting at is that the Grateful Dead or LSD are inherently "bad influences" I completely disagree with you.

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
You can't just come out and say it? Whatever.

It isn't quite plain, or I would not have asked. If what you're getting at is that the Grateful Dead or LSD are inherently "bad influences" I completely disagree with you.

It is quite plain and it is even plainer after I rolled up the metaphorical news paper and beat you across the face with it.

...but I will attempt a different tack.

3q72wb.jpg

Do you understand why this image is funny?

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
Honestly, I'd forgotten about him completely until I read this thread. I'm feeling very indifferent about him now.

Nebbers

Jan 18, 2011
It is quite plain and it is even plainer after I rolled up the metaphorical news paper and beat you across the face with it.

...but I will attempt a different tack.

3q72wb.jpg

Do you understand why this image is funny?

You spent the time to make two separate posts, and you can't just actually say what you're trying to convey.

Be more passive-aggressive, we need more of that in our society. I bet you have awesome relationships with your friends.

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
You spent the time to make two separate posts, and you can't just actually say what you're trying to convey.

Be more passive-aggressive, we need more of that in our society. I bet you have awesome relationships with your friends.

I did.

Nebbers

Jan 18, 2011

Okay, dude. Now I remember why I don't post here much.

Here's what I'm pretty sure happened: You misunderstood or misread my original post and we most likely share the same point of view concerning censorship, gun laws and drug laws, but since you couldn't just say what you wanted to say straight-up you've instead made an asshole out of yourself.

I assume this to be the case because of the meme you posted. I'm not sure why you posted it, because I clearly said that censorship isn't the answer, but I digress.

Have a great weekend.