Solution for being between belt holes?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

krylon

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2001
Until you can loose a little more weight and move down a notch comfortably, fold your penis upward so it is between your waist and the belt. This should take up the extra slack you are currently experiencing.

-KeithP

That is called a Texas Tuck

Sep 7, 2009
WTF are you talking about? You think those holes weren't originally punched in the belt? JC man, learn how to solve a damn problem for once. This can't get any easier.

I'm sorta OCD about some things, and having an obvious extra hole would bother me.

I ended up buying a wider belt which sags less. Still annoyed.

And ROFL and the woven belt lol

Sep 7, 2009
Why? The belt looks the same and it still works.

It doesn't ever look the same. For one, the leather isn't dyed in the hole, which is obvious if you have to move up/down a notch. Basically, as long as you're using the makeshift hole then no big deal, but it does ruin the belt.

Obviously this is a matter of opinion - and in my opinion punching a hole ruins the belt. :)

aleckz

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2004
Well, I would buy a new belt that doesn't have holes in it. Then you can buy a hole puncher and punch the holes yourself so that they fit you perfectly.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
nail + hammer.

...where do you think those holes came from? Is there some rule preventing you from altering your own clothes as you see fit?

in my experience it doesn't result in a clean hole because drilling soft leather sorta twists and shreds instead of coming through clean.
i think the holes need to be punched through with a hollow rod tool, a nail doesn't work right either.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
in my experience it doesn't result in a clean hole because drilling soft leather sorta twists and shreds instead of coming through clean.
i think the holes need to be punched through with a hollow rod tool, a nail doesn't work right either.

Leather punch.

Works great for making gaskets as well. I know...real old school.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
How expensive is this belt that you don't want to modify. Either live with it being too tight or too baggy or add a damn hole.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
wow. i guess you can

1. use proper tool to make another hole
2. gain/loose weight
3. buy another belt
4. walk around holding your pants up with a semi useless belt.
5. ....

am i missing anything else?

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
I've been using the same belt for 12 years. only had to punch one hole in it because I needed the belt to be smaller than the smallest setting

oddyager

Diamond Member
May 21, 2005
Lose weight, buy another belt, or use suspenders.

Unless the new mod is at the very end I would NOT punch another hole in between existing ones.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Eat bigger hamburgers or eat smaller hamburgers

fixed
Mmmm_burger3.jpg

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It doesn't ever look the same. For one, the leather isn't dyed in the hole, which is obvious if you have to move up/down a notch. Basically, as long as you're using the makeshift hole then no big deal, but it does ruin the belt.

Obviously this is a matter of opinion - and in my opinion punching a hole ruins the belt. :)

my opinion is that you are a cheap ass, unwilling to admit that the only solution to your problem is to buy another belt as you seem to have a delusional attachment to a valueless piece of leather.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
Shorten the belt slightly from the buckle end. It's easy to do if you have pliers, a hole punch, and some replacement snaps or brads. It doesn't have to be neat either since the overlap at the other end of the belt will cover your handiwork when the belt is fastened around your waist.