So they finally fired Bobby Knight

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
At halftime we used to get oranges in a big basket on the floor for us to eat. During halftime of one game one of our defensive coaches urinated on our oranges right in front of us while telling us how bad we stunk up the place.

Digobick

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
In a related story, Indiana students riot. What a way for a good coach to go. Violence did him in, and so the students protest with more violence. How ironic....

Here's a link to Peegs' IU Board, the biggest college basketball board out there and one that Indiana fans frequent the most. Interesting comments.

<< I cant even get tired.....there is no way that it has hit me yet what has happened...I've shead tears and I laughed today...but I've had the hollow feeling in my stomach all day long...Its a sad sad day in the history of basketball and the state of Indiana.... >>

<< I keep thinking if I don't go to bed I won't have to find out this is all true...not some terrible nightmare. (ican't even pun now)...I know I will wake up in the morning and it will really hit....how did this happen? >>

That's just from one post.

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
Hell Bobby Knight's been taunting the school Administration and the press for so long I'm amazed he lasted this long.

He'll just end up crying his story on Letterman or Leno then get a cushy job as a network analyst where you'll get to hear his tired retoric some more until they get tired of his foul mouth and abusive nature. The guy is his own worst enemy.