So, I'm driving home from Los Angeles the other night

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
There are 5 lanes for you to chose from! Why the fvck are you in the fast lane going 70mph??? I come up behind you doing 80mph and you just sit there with your head up your ass refusing to move over. WTF is wrong with you??? ASSHOLE!!! :| GET THE FVCK OUT OF THE FASTLANE!!!

\End rant

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
There are 5 lanes for you to chose from! Why the fvck are you in the fast lane going 70mph??? I come up behind you doing 80mph and you just sit there with your head up your ass refusing to move over. WTF is wrong with you??? ASSHOLE!!! :| GET THE FVCK OUT OF THE FASTLANE!!!

\End rant

ppl should lose their liscense for this offense.

Did you flash your brights at them? I've nearly always had good results when I do this.

Nov 7, 2000
Originally posted by: aswedc
What was the speed limit?
makes no difference, if you arent actively passing someone get out of the passing lane

in TX you will get ticketed for this in some places, and rightfully so

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: jumpr
Did you flash your brights at them? I've nearly always had good results when I do this.

A couple times. They ignored me so I just passed them on the right and cut right in front of them as I sped off into the distance.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001

It does not matter. It someone wants to pass move over for 2 seconds and let them. why because passing on the right is illegal and dangerous.

JonnyStarks

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2003
Heh, one time I got stuck in the fast lane and my car just wouldn't go fast enough for the guy behind me. When I finally was able to move over he was cursing and yelling, looking back at me while he drove past. I smiled at him.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Argo

What difference does that make?

Because if the speed limit is 55 mph they don't have to move over.

The left lane is for passing buddy boy. Not cruising along at whatever speed you feel everyone esle should be going. Passing on the right is illegal.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: gigapet

It does not matter. It someone wants to pass move over for 2 seconds and let them. why because passing on the right is illegal and dangerous.

Passing on the right on the freeways is not illegal.

The speed limit was 65mph. Generally, traffic is flowing 75mph or so. Some faster some slower.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001

Passing on the right on the freeways is not illegal.

The speed limit was 65mph. Generally, traffic is flowing 75mph or so. Some faster some slower.

its illegal in my state.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth

Yeah they do.

Hmm, no if I'm going that much faster than the speed limit I'm already passing other cars on my right.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth

Yeah they do.

Hmm, no if I'm going that much faster than the speed limit I'm already passing other cars on my right.

so its your right to set the speed for everyone else on the road. stop being iconsiderate for two seconds and move over and let them pass.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
i hate it when people hold up traffic like this during morning rush hour. just because you're an unemployed piece of sh1t doesn't mean you have to slow down people with paying jobs.

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
This happened to me once. I was already going about 10 over when some ass started riding my bumper. I finally got a chance to move over to the right and he went screaming past me. About 5 miles up the road I saw him pulled over by a state cop. I had no sympathy for him.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000

so its your right to set the speed for everyone else on the road. stop being iconsiderate for two seconds and move over and let them pass.

You misunderstood me. My point was that if I'm doing 70 in 55 zone I'm already passing a bunch of cars. Now if you want to be passing those cars at 80 mph, well too bad I'm not risking getting a ticket just so that you could go 10 mph faster.

On the other hand if there are no other cars on the freeway then what's the big deal, you could just go around. I always pass cars like that on the right, not a biggy. My only beef is when the cars in the left lane are doing the same speed as the ones in the right, thus holding up traffic behind them.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: mcvickj
This happened to me once. I was already going about 10 over when some ass started riding my bumper. I finally got a chance to move over to the right and he went screaming past me. About 5 miles up the road I saw him pulled over by a state cop. I had no sympathy for him.

at least you got over for him :thumbsup:

it is the role of the state trooper to regulate traffic.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

\End rant

If they are doing the speed limit, why should you care.

You are breaking the law by doing 80.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001

You misunderstood me. My point was that if I'm doing 70 in 55 zone I'm already passing a bunch of cars. Now if you want to be passing those cars at 80 mph, well too bad I'm not risking getting a ticket just so that you could go 10 mph faster.

On the other hand if there are no other cars on the freeway then what's the big deal, you could just go around. I always pass cars like that on the right, not a biggy. My only beef is when the cars in the left lane are doing the same speed as the ones in the right, thus holding up traffic behind them.

ok im confused then. how ill moving over for a second earn you a ticket?