So if the bad over the last 4 years was due to Bush

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
It took us 8 years to get into the mess Bush put us in.
If by the end of Obama's 8 years we are anywhere in sight of a balanced budget and a decent economy Obama should get a special Nobel Prize and his face on Mt. Rushmore.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
And the finalists for "Ironic Post of the Year" are...

Clearly you have no idea who it was that cleared the way for the poor to buy $150,000 home they could no way make payments on. That was Clinton in 1999 I do believe. So ya don't let the facts get in the way

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
Clearly you have no idea who it was that cleared the way for the poor to buy $150,000 home they could no way make payments on. That was Clinton in 1999 I do believe. So ya don't let the facts get in the way

The only fact evident from your posts is that a physician needs to review your dosages.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
If by the end of Obama's 8 years we are anywhere in sight of a balanced budget and a decent economy Obama should get a special Nobel Prize and his face on Mt. Rushmore.

Were your facts that bush had anything to do with housing bubble or the internet bubble . Bush had nothing to do with either , The 2 wars yes , The 2 bushes are the only rep other than Abe to lead us into war . All others were Dems ., Never ever let an oil man smell oil or they will try to take it . Afganestan . Read enoch . Find out were God buried the deceiver. You got it Afganestan . What hold s him there . What are battiers made of . What is apoylon? Its a 2edged sword . who wields it . I do. Who is Apollyon . The angle of the abiss who has its keys . Who is he . OBAMA . Afganestan is all about Lithium and other metals . but its lithium that binds the beast.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's just a ridiculous idea. Events matter, not time spans. There are lots of things that have happened since Obama has been in office that he should be entirely judged for, good or bad. The economy is not entirely his fault, as he inherited an almost unprecedented economic catastrophe.

Pretty simple. Also, glad to see that the ACA is here to stay. foreeeeeevvvvvveeerrrrrrr

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Hey weren't you the guy who said there wasn't going to be an election this year? How did that go?

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
Honestly, yes. I think Obama will be at fault for what happens in these next four years. However, that is conditional on the idea that Obama is allowed to accomplish some of the reforms and cutbacks/revenue increases he wants to. If the Republican base decides that the only path forward is again to obstruct and primary out any moderate candidates, then I can't blame Obama. If he agrees to a grand bargain, then he is responsible for it.

If the republicans again fail to compromise for the good of the nation, then I won't ever vote for one of them again.

(for the record, I voted for bush in 2000. I haven't voted R since)

Aug 14, 2001

Imagine the freak out and riot from the de-assimilated Americans who supported Romney if a black man's face is put up on Mount Rushmore.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Does now mark the start of Obama's accountability? :p

Whether it does or not it doesn't matter since he is a lame duck now.

That said wars and the Bush tax cuts, Gitmo we are still dealing with.

Obama should be judged on the ACA, repeal of DADT, auto bailouts etc, and the stimulus. SC nominees.

If you are referring to the economy the judge is still out on that and will be until his presidency is over at the very least.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Whether it does or not it doesn't matter since he is a lame duck now.

lol. So wait, the reason he's not a lame duck his first four years is because he has the possibility to be elected to four more. Immediately upon being elected for 4 more years though he is a lame duck because he can't be elected again. Meaning that he is a lame duck for getting the thing that made him not a lame duck. By this logic all presidents are instantly lame ducks from the first day they step foot into the office.

I used 'lame duck' a lot there. Still, an impressively dumb post.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
lol. So wait, the reason he's not a lame duck his first four years is because he has the possibility to be elected to four more. Immediately upon being elected for 4 more years though he is a lame duck because he can't be elected again. Meaning that he is a lame duck for getting the thing that made him not a lame duck. By this logic all presidents are instantly lame ducks from the first day they step foot into the office.

I used 'lame duck' a lot there. Still, an impressively dumb post.

I was saying this because the blame bush blame Obama people are going all use this as a measure of who to vote for. Guess what the election is over and we are stuck with whoever we have for the next 2/ 4/ 6 years respective. Also we shouldn't blame the current economy on what he does because in reality the true impact of policy won't be seen till after his presidency and the current economy is a horrific indicator of how good a job a president is doing.

Obama can and should be judged on his legislation and whether you agree with it or not. The who got us into this mess seems pretty irrelevant at this point. All I'm saying is what is the point of playing the blame game now since he has already been re-elected.

Last edited:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Imagine the freak out and riot from the de-assimilated Americans who supported Romney if a black man's face is put up on Mount Rushmore.

I know. That's why I put in there:D

However, I really believe that we could actually have some good times on the way.
I said about 3 months ago that we could possibly be poised to enter a much better economic climate. Lo and behold, the day after the election a number of business websites and magazines suddenly see some real optimism.

IF we can finally get Europes problems behind us and IF the Republicans will mostly agree to Obama's reasonable and balanced economic plan there are a lot of positives economically.

Among them is the huge natural gas increase in production. The pent up demand that has accumlated in the housing and durable goods market. The slowing of outsourcing as finally we are entering the period, like we did with Japan, where we are reaching saturation and adjustments are being made in the US favor, etc, etc.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Does now mark the start of Obama's accountability? :p

No, Obama's accountability has long started.

He's accountable for Osama Bin Laden being dead.
He's accountable for the fact that we're not in a Great Depression.
He's accountable for the economic recovery.
He's accountable for saving the Gulf coast.
He's accountable for aiding the East coast.
He's accountable for taking the military out of the backwater of discrimination based on sexual orientation.
He's accountable for a campaign whose success means on January 21st you will wake up to a world in which the US has an experienced, intelligent, methodological, principled President rather than a flip-flopper from a visionless party trying to cobble together a plan that overcomes his image as a joke while pandering to his joke of a base.

Last edited:

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

He's accountable for taking the military out of the backwater of discrimination based on sexual orientation.
He's accountable for a campaign whose success means on January 21st you will wake up to a world in which the US has an experienced, intelligent, methodological, principled President rather than a flip-flopper from a visionless party trying to cobble together a plan that overcomes his image as a joke while pandering to his joke of a base.

Hows the coolaid? Nuff sugar? LOL

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

And you say you are an atheist :p

Next thing you'll tell us he walked on water.

He saved the Gulf? Did he wave his magic wand? Did he put on a shirt with a "O" and fly to the east coast in his cape? Superbama!

What would FEMA and rescue crews not be able to do without the DC demigod?
He demonstrated basic competence in some areas and did fairly well in others. With others yet he demonstrated lack of imagination and then why don't you brag about how he did away with warrantless wiretaps and protects us from being taken prisoner if accused.

Sorry, but I don't buy into your fundamentalism. I'm agnostic.

Aug 14, 2001
Obama is accountable for defeating the GOP twice in pretty convincing fashion. I suppose he's also accountable for the mental demise of the many de-assimilated Americans who supported Romney and McCain. That is a burden that he will have to live with for the rest of his life.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
That's just a ridiculous idea. Events matter, not time spans. There are lots of things that have happened since Obama has been in office that he should be entirely judged for, good or bad. The economy is not entirely his fault, as he inherited an almost unprecedented economic catastrophe.

Pretty simple. Also, glad to see that the ACA is here to stay. foreeeeeevvvvvveeerrrrrrr

You'll hold your party and President accountable? Thats good. The ACA? Your welcome to it, and I hope it meets your expectations. Expect that your favored leaders won't get away with blaming anyone else if it does not satisfy others.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I am the only person in the forum qualified to speak authoritatively on this issue and I don't know. I always look at assumptions and whether I have faith in them. I know that at the end of the Bush era somebody or something flushed a toilet and trillions of dollars disappeared, but I have no idea why other than if they were no longer there they were gone.

And as for 'does now mark the start of something' I won't be able to speak. Every time I enter the now all my wits leave me and all I see is my Beloved and my Beloved's accountable for all.

So let us up and take our swords to hunt that thief called time, that thing that numbers our days, and put it down like an animal so we can enter the now.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003

Really? He saved the Gulf coast region? Let see what the folks in NO have to say about that.

According to relief agency officials, thousands of families around metro New Orleans still struggle under a rockslide of misfortune Katrina loosed upon them.
These are the hard cases: people who were sick, elderly, underinsured, or victimized by contractor fraud or the Road Home program’s valuations of their homes.
Recovery agency officials say they are still in touch with families in Houston, Atlanta or Baton Rouge trying to claw their way back home to the 9th Ward, eastern New Orleans, or Gentilly.
“For lots of people, I know there’s a sense that we’ve moved on from this, that it’s in the distant past,” said Kevin Fitzpatrick, director of Operation Helping Hands, the Archdiocese of New Orleans’ Katrina recovery agency. “But that depends on who you know. If you know somebody who’s lost everything, then you know it’s still very much a struggle.”

http://www.nola.com/katrina/index.ssf/2011/08/6_years_later_hurricane_katrin.html

I know, I know, it is all Bush's fault....7 years later, right?

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
He saved the Gulf? Did he wave his magic wand?

He worked his ass off to argue BP into setting up a $20 billion fund which bypasses the slowness of the courts and the leeching of lawyers. Money ended directly in the hands of those affected in a matter of days and weeks rather than taking decades of appeals with lawyers pocketing 50% of the final cut. All this without onerous restrictions on the acceptance of money -- only in accepting the final settlement do you have to waive your right to sue.

Instead of leaving the government with huge welfare rolls as businesses collapsed, Obama got BP to fund the damages as determined by an independent third-party so those businesses could make it through, rather destroying the conservatard delusion that "Democrats want everyone reliant on government."

Why the fuck am I even taking a conservatard seriously? This is a waste of my time.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Really? He saved the Gulf coast region? Let see what the folks in NO have to say about that.

Katrina didn't happen under his watch, moron. What's next, are you going to blame him for not saving Pearl Harbor from Japanese attack?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Katrina didn't happen under his watch, moron. What's next, are you going to blame him for not saving Pearl Harbor from Japanese attack?

Ah, name calling.

Let see what ABC News has to say about BP oil spill and the great Gulf Coast savior BO. See the bold/underline part? Sound familiar? :D

But Carville said the Obama administration's response to the BP oil spill has been "lackadaisical," and that rather than place the blame on the previous administration, it should've done more to deal with BP and "inept bureaucrats," which would've in turn helped boost Obama's approval ratings.

"The president of the United States could've come down here, he could've been involved with the families of these 11 people" who died on the offshore rig, Carville said. "He could've demanded a plan in anticipation of this."

"It just looks like he's not involved in this," an angry Carville said on "GMA." "Man, you got to get down here and take control of this, put somebody in charge of this thing and get this moving. We're about to die down here."
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/...democrats-slam/story?id=10746519#.UJ3BzYc8CSo

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
BWHAHAHA I figured this is the way the thread would go. but hell it's still funny to read.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Which you've gone and proved accurate with a "rebuttal" so retarded that a response doesn't warrant a second more away from my entertainment lineup.

Buy a clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq9EcXf_WII

Well, I backed up my statements with valid facts and well know links. Still nothing to dispute my links? LOL.

Here is another one, "How Big Oil Conned Obama" = http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...bama-should-ignore-bp-and-nuke-the-spill.html

Another one just for kick (pun intend because of the article title) = http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/06/08/hey-president-obama-how-about-kicking-your-own-ass/

Keep drinking the kool-aid.

Last edited: