So, erm, hi!

Do you remember me?

• Yeah, of course I remember you!

• Erm, the name rings a bell, but I'm not sure

• Who are you again?

• I'm a n00b, I've never seen you here before!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Hi all!

Some of you may remember me, many of you maybe not...

I kind of "disappeared" around 2006, when I got myself a Shuttle as my only PC, and running that 24/7 @ 100% CPU usage was out of the question.

I've just on another forum that I reached 5,000 posts, and was talking to a colleague and I mentioned that I had a large number of posts here (mostly in this section of the forum!) and hence I've logged on so that I could get the number of posts!

I thought I'd pop in and see if any of the old faces I remember are still around!

Some I can remember (and I apologise to any I can't remember, it has been 4 years afterall!)

Mark - Assimilator1
TheOne (Mark's friend - we went to a LAN party at his flat back in ~2004ish?)
Spacehead
raysun2be
taandy
Wiz
Smoke
zim hosein

The last project I was involved in was Seventeen or Bust - is that still going, or has that died a death?

Garry

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Hi all!

Some of you may remember me, many of you maybe not...

I kind of "disappeared" around 2006, when I got myself a Shuttle as my only PC, and running that 24/7 @ 100% CPU usage was out of the question.

I've just on another forum that I reached 5,000 posts, and was talking to a colleague and I mentioned that I had a large number of posts here (mostly in this section of the forum!) and hence I've logged on so that I could get the number of posts!

I thought I'd pop in and see if any of the old faces I remember are still around!

Some I can remember (and I apologise to any I can't remember, it has been 4 years afterall!)

Mark - Assimilator1
TheOne (Mark's friend - we went to a LAN party at his flat back in ~2004ish?)
Spacehead
raysun2be
taandy
Wiz
Smoke
zim hosein

The last project I was involved in was Seventeen or Bust - is that still going, or has that died a death?

Garry

woohoo!
a confused sighting.
not literally. too early :)
hi mate!!!!

ps, i voted yes, i remember :D

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
woohoo!
a confused sighting.
not literally. too early :)
hi mate!!!!

ps, i voted yes, i remember :D

It's beer-30 somewhere. :D

And I chose second option... Simply because I suck at names. I had to ask my wife what my newest sibling is named. :eek: (Shaun, BTW; I remember now)

Last edited:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
I was mostly lurking around 2002 - 2004 ... but still remember you.
Good to see you again - and I see that it is good to leave the porch light on for old TeAm-mates!

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I remember when you were ConfusedBW (and Smoke had a Ball). ;)

Yes, that SoB project is still going. I'm actually running one of their WUs with PrimeGrid right now; but I generally work on smaller primes.

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
really am surprised at lack of answers!
thought there were a lot of current TA members still active who remember confused!
maybe it's too early. 7 pm here :)

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Hey Garry! :D How ya doing? What you been upto all these years??
What you driving about in now? Where abouts do you live now?
(Funny I was thinking about you the other day)

Never left DC myself, but I don't come here anyway near as much as I used to.

The One hasn't been here for donkies years.
I think you may remember he moved to NZ in 2004 ish, he's still there. I speak to him on the very rare occasion on facebook.

You may also remember Darkone? He came back here for a bit about 2-3yrs ago but hasn't been here since. I still see him in RL though, infact I should be seeing him tonight :).
Still see Cat (we're good friends only), if you remember we both came to a LAN Party you did once :).

The others you've listed are about, except Smoke he's hardly ever seen anymore :( (since about a year ago IIRC).

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Hey Garry! :D How ya doing? What you been upto all these years??
What you driving about in now? Where abouts do you live now?
(Funny I was thinking about you the other day)

Never left DC myself, but I don't come here anyway near as much as I used to.

The One hasn't been here for donkies years.
I think you may remember he moved to NZ in 2004 ish, he's still there. I speak to him on the very rare occasion on facebook.

You may also remember Darkone? He came back here for a bit about 2-3yrs ago but hasn't been here since. I still see him in RL though, infact I should be seeing him tonight :).
Still see Cat (we're good friends only), if you remember we both came to a LAN Party you did once :).

The others you've listed are about, except Smoke he's hardly ever seen anymore :( (since about a year ago IIRC).

think you'll find there's a message about Smoke here
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2088443&page=2

forgotten about this.
was about Confused, too!! D'Oh!!!!!!!

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
I remember.

You crunched DPAD too. You are 26th on the TeAm and 200 overall.

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
It's beer-30 somewhere. :D

And I chose second option... Simply because I suck at names. I had to ask my wife what my newest sibling is named. :eek: (Shaun, BTW; I remember now)

umm ... shouldn't you be asking your mom or dad your newest sibling's name?... or is this one of those situations where you keep it in the family and so it doesn't matter? :hmm:

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Mark,

I'm currently living just outside Bristol, and driving a Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4

Picture046.jpg

(2.5 V6, twin turbo, 280bhp, 4wd :))

Had a kid 18 months ago, hence the family wagon ;)

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
too bad wagons like that don't do well over here... we traded for an 06 magnum r/t a few months ago, those things were awesome but just didn't sell very well.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Hey Garry that's one awesome car you've got! :cool:
I've got an X reg BMW 325i these days, a nice car & smooth with its auto box :). However I've gotta sell it with the stupid petrol prices we have now :( (& doing 17k/yr!).
Plan to get a 330d though :).

Congrats on the baby :) , my son's just finished school!

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
Hmm I think I remember sending you a CPU once :) I am not around nearly as much as I used to be either, but I still pop in from time to time when my old timer sense tingles. ;)

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
WOW, how are you Garry! Great to see you(and others) popping in.
Sounds like things have been going well over the years :)

11 down, 6 to go