So after Obama Wins this Election....

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sorry to interrupt your little lefty circle jerk, but Obama will not be re-elected. I'll make sure to bump this thread in November to rub some more salt in your wounds. :biggrin:

Are you a member of the Opus Dei - Romney Mormon Chapter, whereby you publicly flaggelate and humiliate yourself to sympathize with the excruciating pain Romney is experiencing at the moment? ;) j/k

Oct 30, 2004
Doesn't matter much. The Reps have killed themselves so we're probably looking at a one party nation. Stalin couldn't have done it better.

No worries. The Republicans will be back advocating concentration of wealth for the top 5% and opposing abortion and gay marriage. They are like diarrhea--they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Oct 30, 2004
We will have to wait and see if the ACA makes healthcare more or less affordable. Predicting the future is a tricky thing. It's not a good idea to hang your hat on a prediction.

I predict that the ACA will fail to accomplish much in the way of affordability because it completely fails to address the real problem--the massive inefficiency that comes from having insurance companies and private hospitals.

Oct 30, 2004
The difference in the pandering being from the Republicans if you have a job, and produce you get the benefits, from the Democrats you don't even have to do that, no need to even try, hell, it's better if you don't.

Are you saying that under the Republicans' plan, the working poor will receive health care benefits?

Are you certain that the Democrats are not primarily concerned with helping the working poor and working lower classes be able to have health care?

What evidence do you have that the Republicans support having health care for the working members of the lower classes?

Oct 30, 2004
If obama serves another 4 years.... there will not be another democrat in the white house for at least 3 election cycles after that.

Why would it take 3 election cycles? Why not just 1 or 2? Do the Republicans have some sort of a better plan?

The only plan the Republicans seem to have is to concentrate wealth amongst the top 5% while supporting the replacement of Americans by foreign workers such as their support for the J1 visa program.

The Republican health care plan for America can also be summed up in the words, "Don't get sick, and if you do get sick, die quickly."

What is it that you think the Republicans would do to keep from also receiving blame for a failing economic system in the 2020 election?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I predict that the ACA will fail to accomplish much in the way of affordability because it completely fails to address the real problem--the massive inefficiency that comes from having insurance companies and private hospitals.
A sign of just how far capitalism and freedom have fallen is that many people are openly touting the "massive inefficiency" of the private sector when compared to the federal government. Whether or not Obama wins this election, the left has won the country, having dumbed down the electorate to the point of rejecting competition in favor of the monopoly. The only real questions remaining are when will the rest of the world cut up our credit cards, and exactly how dumb and entitled we will have become at that point.

PandaBear

Golden Member
Aug 23, 2000
I think it would be Hillary vs J Huntsman in 2016 if both sides are rational about candidates. However I'm not so sure if GOP will elect someone like Huntsman over Christie or Gingrich.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I doubt Hillary will try again in 2016. She'd make a middling to good President but she makes a terrible candidate.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
So............ As I was saying..... :D :p :) ;) :D :p

Wasn't even close... What a pathetic turn out.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
If obama serves another 4 years.... there will not be another democrat in the white house for at least 3 election cycles after that.
If the Republican presidential candidate in subsequent elections continues the McCain/Romney tradition of losing the Latino vote by 40 points, there will never be another Republican in the White House.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I doubt Hillary will try again in 2016. She'd make a middling to good President but she makes a terrible candidate.

I've been wondering about the possibility of VP Joe Biden asking Secretary Clinton to run on his ticket as his VP if he chooses to make a run himself in 2016