So after Obama Wins this Election....

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Since it's pretty fucken obvious who's gonna be in the presidents seat for 2012...

I was wondering who the "D's" will elect for 2016?

and are you happy that Obama got another 4 years?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
H. Clinton would be 68 in 2016 which would be up there with Reagan. Maybe with people living longer these days it wouldn't be such an issue.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If not another Obama-like candidate comes along to grab the Dem Party by the bootstraps again, then I guess Hillary deserves a shot.

Hillary vs. J. Bush? Hillary vs. C. Christie? Or Hillary vs. Gingrich for his last and final time?

Doesn't matter who she runs against. If Obama does well in his second term, Hillary will have a good chance of keeping the Oval Office under Dem control, with the added benefit of appointing maybe one or two SCOTUS judges to boot?

And if the Repubs keep blocking and fillibustering everything coming their way, the voters will finally get more than fed up and dump them en masse, giving Hillary even more of a chance to be the first woman POTUS, along with a more cooperative Congress to work with, provided as mentioned, Obama greases the skids with a good performance in his second term.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
H. Clinton would be 68 in 2016 which would be up there with Reagan. Maybe with people living longer these days it wouldn't be such an issue.

I'd say it depends on her mental health. If her family has a history of Alzheimer's, (like in mine, my mom has it) I don't think we need a repeat of Reagan who, by some accounts, was already showing signs by the start his second term.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'd say it depends on her mental health. If her family has a history of Alzheimer's, (like in mine, my mom has it) I don't think we need a repeat of Reagan who, by some accounts, was already showing signs by the start his second term.

Good point, but with 'ol Bill standing tall by her side, even if she did start down that foggy road Bill would keep her on the straight and narrow.

Reagan? He had to rely on Nancy and her "special advisor" to keep him propped up. Wasn't he in a fine fix then? He sure had an awkward looking expression on his face during his final couple of years as POTUS.

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Good point, but with 'ol Bill standing tall by her side, even if she did start down that foggy road Bill would keep her on the straight and narrow.

Reagan? He had to rely on Nancy and her "special advisor" to keep him propped up. Wasn't he in a fine fix then? He sure had an awkward looking expression on his face during his final couple of years as POTUS.

Then we had Woodrow Wilson who has a stroke and, to my understanding, his wife actually ran the government after that.

I think we want to be be careful who we elect for any high office, especially the Presidency.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Hillary 2016.

Hers if she wants it. Plus Bill rocked the dnc. The two would be a nearly unstoppable duo.

I have a feeling Jeb might get a nod. After mccain and Romney, the gop prolly will want someone who can win an election. The bushes have won three times.
Then we got a Clinton vs bush election....

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Doesn't matter much. The Reps have killed themselves so we're probably looking at a one party nation. Stalin couldn't have done it better.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Doesn't matter much. The Reps have killed themselves so we're probably looking at a one party nation. Stalin couldn't have done it better.

The Reps have killed themselves countless times, but the Dems always screw up just enough to bring the GOP back from the dead. It's the one thing that the GOP can't botch up on their own - the "We're not them!" platform.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The Reps have killed themselves countless times, but the Dems always screw up just enough to bring the GOP back from the dead. It's the one thing that the GOP can't botch up on their own - the "We're not them!" platform.

Maybe, but I'm not feeling optimistic since the Republicans have been outstandingly bad for too long. All it takes is for people to get used to one side winning and that will be the new democracy. Those here who love the idea of a virtually unaccountable Democratic party (because that's what it would become), will claim we still have democratic elections, but it's just that the will of the people is now expressed at the primary level. Once Dems have gained enough power to shut off all competition, like the duopoly which exists now, then they are it. I hope I'm overly cynical today but the trend over time has been to see partisanship grow and extend it's influence. Never before have I seen a population so unwilling to ask questions and demand accountability in more than just words.

To quote John Murtha

"You keep sending me back regardless of what I say"