Sneaky Pete - Amazon PRIME Giovanni Ribisi/Bryan Cranston

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Yeah I saw the pilot a few months ago and liked it, will have to watch it again as I barely remember it.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Bump because I just finished watching it. Very good show, 8/10.

Part con game like a ten episode installment of the Sting, part crime drama, part dramedy, really well written, lots of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the end of the season.

Reactions: RossMAN

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Bump because I just finished watching it. Very good show, 8/10.

Part con game like a ten episode installment of the Sting, part crime drama, part dramedy, really well written, lots of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the end of the season.

Thanks for the bump/reminder, kinda forgot about this show even though I was the OP.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
I thought it was pretty good. A little slow at times and some of the very minor characters (such as the lady who was Martha in the Americans - I had no idea she was British) appeared infrequently enough I couldn't remember who/what they were.

I may try to convince my wife to watch it and see if I can pick up on some things I may have missed the first time.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
I need to give this a try again. I ended up stopping about 20 minutes into the first episode.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I watched the first episode about a week ago and thought it was alright. I may go back to it. Like with other Amazon shows though, the acting is hit and miss depending who is on the screen and just isn't that great all around.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
I have just one question: Is there not a point where man's capacity for inhumanity against his fellow man fails to entertain us? Do we honestly believe that these depictions of inhumanity don't shape how we think?

It's tiring. Boring.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Watched the first episode, better than I thought it would be! Worth finishing? Does it hold up to the end?

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I wanted to like this show more than I ended up. It wasn't the worst thing I've seen, but it was pretty predictable. Bryan Cranston's monologues were way too long too, someone should have really cut those down.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Yeah, Sneaky Pete wasn't as quite good as I'd hoped, either. Well worth finishing, though.

Has anyone else seen Imposters? Sort of a black comedy on Bravo, again about con artists. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it.

Last edited:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Yeah, Sneaky Pete wasn't as quite good as I'd hoped, either. Well worth finishing, though.

Has anyone else seen Imposters? Sort of a black comedy on Bravo, again about con artists. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it.

Yeah, I'm digging Imposters. But I have no idea how they're going to keep it fresh after this season. The best characters are the three ex's chasing Maddie/CeeCee/Ava/Alice. If they lose that dynamic there isn't much left.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

I love it and agree with GagHalfrunt, how are they going to keep it fresh after season 1?

Hopefully it's renewed, I'd like to see more about "the doctor".

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I love it and agree with GagHalfrunt, how are they going to keep it fresh after season 1?

The only way I see season two going that would be entertaining is that Maddie convinces the exes to help her split off from the doctor. Then you have the four running pulling cons along the way, Max, Lenny and the doctor chasing that group and the FBI chasing after everyone.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Started watching S2 tonight. It was too long between though, I sorta lost any feelings for any of the chr.s and will have to remake the ties with them again. :(

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Started watching S2 tonight. It was too long between though, I sorta lost any feelings for any of the chr.s and will have to remake the ties with them again. :(

I still haven't started, only seen the pilot. Will have to watch that again and seasons 1+2. I wonder if I can finish it within a week.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012

Imposters season 2 will start April 5th. Looks like they're all back. Maybe teamed with Maddie (which I expect won't be easy) to take down the Doctor. And the FBI chasing the lot of them. Could be very good.

Reactions: GagHalfrunt